It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it true that only white are capable of racism?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

This is a true story: RE: your assertion

I went to a high school the first year it was integrated in Virginia. There were basically 3 groups of kids. White, black and military who had grown up in an integrated environment all their lives. I was a military kid who had never been in a classroom or neighborhood that wasn't integrated and taught to be respectful of all races.

The local university sent in a group of psy/soc majors to do sessions with us because of the tension in the school. They only saw two groups white/black and categorized everyone, hispanics, asian into one of the two groups to hold sensitivity sessions.

Blacks led the "white" group sessions, I don't know about the "black" sessions so I can't say who led them.

When we military kids tried to explain there were 3 groups and that the military kids thought all the tension in the school was bu###it and really couldn't understand the behavior of either of the local groups the college students wouldn't believe us. When I tried to insist that I and several other "white" military kids in my group weren't prejudiced or having problems with integration they made fun of us. They held us in the room without food or water for the rest of the school day trying to get us to confess our racist feelings. We held tight and never did.

When I accused them of being prejudiced against us (the military kids) they said "only white people can be prejudiced (the word for racist then)". They firmly believed it. However, the proof was in what happened they were obviously prejudiced against us and by trying to force us to say we were racist caused a lot of damage to our previous benign feelings.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Is it already time for another white woe-is-me thread here on ATS?

ATS
Where white people come to bitch

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
black and latino people take handouts for school for food and for jobs based on there race - talk is cheap, that's racist.

Nation Association for the Advancement of Colored People - aka some super racist # funded by my tax dollars.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
When I moved to Virginia Beach 12 years ago...I was working in this restaurant on the beach. A black guy ( African American) came in by himself and ate lunch. He had a sandwich and 2 red bulls. When I brought him his bill he looked at me ( white girl- Caucasian) and said.... " I'm not paying this...you owe me ...you owe me because my great great grand father was a slave. And you owe me! ".....and he threw the check at me. So,... I picked up the check and said.... " I'm from the North..my great great grandfather freed your great great grandfather...so You owe me!...pay your damn bill!" and I threw the check back at him...lol! ..he did pay, but only after I went and got my manager ( who was black- African american) and she chewed his ass.
That was the first time in my life I had ever had that happen, but since I live here now, it happens a lot...sad..but true.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

Is it already time for another white woe-is-me thread here on ATS?

ATS
Where white people come to bitch

I suppose you agree with Jamie Foxx then.

Singer/actor Jamie Foxx hosted Saturday Night Live this weekend, and his comments were racially-charged from the outset.

For those who don’t recall, Foxx is the man who recently told us that we should “honor” our “lord and savior” Barack Obama.

“I’m dressed in all black, cause it’s good to be black. Black is the new white!” Foxx began in his opening monologue.

The really curious comments came soon after:

“I got a new movie coming out, Django, check it out…Django Unchained, I play a slave. How black is that? In the movie, I have to wear chains. How whack is that? But don’t be worried about it, because I get out [of] the chains, I save my wife, and Singer/actor Jamie Foxx hosted Saturday Night Live this weekend, and his comments were racially-charged from the outset. For those who don’t recall, Foxx is the man who recently told us that we should “honor” our “lord and savior” Barack Obama. “I’m dressed in all black, cause it’s good to be black. Black is the new white!” Foxx began in his opening monologue. The really curious comments came soon after: “I got a new movie coming out, Django, check it out…Django Unchained, I play a slave. How black is that? In the movie, I have to wear chains. How whack is that? But don’t be worried about it, because I get out [of] the chains, I save my wife, and I kill all the white people in the movie. How ​great is that? And how black is that?”, and his comments were racially-charged from the outset. For those who don’t recall, Foxx is the man who recently told us that we should “honor” our “lord and savior” Barack Obama.

I kill all the white people in the movie. How ​great is that?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

let me ask you this, is this racist?

As most people would assume, the 'Black' in Congressional Black Caucus, refers to the ethnicity of the congressperson. This principle was put to a test in January 2007.[6] Freshman Representative Steve Cohen, D-TN., who is white, pledged to apply for membership during his election campaign to represent his constituency, which is 60% African American. Hearn further reported that although the bylaws of the caucus do not make race a prerequisite for membership, former and current members of the caucus agreed that the group should remain "exclusively black". Rep. William Lacy Clay, Jr., D-MO., the son of Rep. William Lacy Clay Sr., D-MO., a co-founder of the caucus, is quoted as saying, "Mr. Cohen asked for admission, and he got his answer. He's white and the caucus is black. It's time to move on. We have racial policies to pursue and we are pursuing them, as Mr. Cohen has learned. It's an unwritten rule. It's understood." In response to the decision, Rep. Cohen referred to his campaign promise as "a social faux pas" because "It's their caucus and they do things their way. You don't force your way in. You need to be invited." Clay issued an official statement from his office:

Quite simply, Rep. Cohen will have to accept what the rest of the country will have to accept—there has been an unofficial Congressional White Caucus for over 200 years, and now it's our turn to say who can join 'the club.' He does not, and cannot, meet the membership criteria, unless he can change his skin color. Primarily, we are concerned with the needs and concerns of the black population, and we will not allow white America to infringe on those objectives.

from this wiki.Congressional Black Caucus

now if a group of white people did this or said this they would be called racist, and every al, jesse and clay would be calling for their heads.

edit on 10-12-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

White people did do this. They have done it since settlers landed on this continent. But it is reversed one time and white people get their panties in a bunch.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I have asked myself this question MANY times in the 13 years I have lived in Chicago....for many, MANY times I have been called a cracker, hillbilly, white trash, honky....you name it....by um...African Americans....yet...had I retaliated and called them a ni@@er...well...I would have been accused of a "hate crime"...but an...um....African American NEVER can be accused of such in this pansy world we have created through "political correctness" (eyes rolling in THIS Cracker's head.....)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Actually, black Africans ( in AFRICA) sold slaves first, ...they sold their own kind...and they sold them to white people. ...so actually the slavery started with black people.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

And the Egyptians in the Northern part of Africa have now legalized slavery in their new constitution by not outlawing it in their country.
I can't think of a single "mostly white" country even dreaming of legalizing slavery in this day and age.

From: frontpagemag.com... Accordingly Egypt’s new constitution has dropped its ban on slavery. Omissions of certain articles, such as bans on slavery or promises to adhere to international rights treaties, were equally worrying to critics of the new draft, who pulled out from the panel before the vote. Isn’t it ironic, that the first black man in the Oval Office has helped bring to an end the ban on trading African slaves in Egypt?
edit on 10-12-2012 by grandmakdw because: Add source

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

That's because they're radical Muslims in northern Africa. ..such a peaceful group! ...and no I'm not saying all Muslims, just the radical ones. .....

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

My point in this thread is that we are ALL racist to some extent.

I was taught by college students in "sensitivity' training in high school that because I was white I HAD to be prejudiced.

That experience taught me that the black students who claimed not to be prejudiced because they couldn't be because they were black were more prejudiced than I was, by keeping me from food and water as long as possible trying to get me to admit I was prejudiced.

Since then I have spoken openly to many people of many races about this and found everyone has prejudice, it is not limited to any one group.

Slavery being reinstated in an African country tells me that in this day and age when we hoped racism would be eliminated, the very people who complain about it the most are the ones ready and willing to enslave others.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
No it's not true, and not only is it not true, but the people who argue it is true won't follow through with the argument

So if I go to Japan as a white man and start making derogatory comments against Japanese people, that's not racism?
If some Mexican finds himself in Nigeria and starts making derogatory comments about black people, that's not racism?
You can continue until you're blue in the face with examples like this, and I don't think anybody would truly be comfortable saying that such examples are not racism.

Power has nothing to do with racism. It's dumb logic. It'd be like saying that poor people can't be classist. Or that women can't be sexist. Or that people in the Cook Islands can't be xenophobic because they're a minnow political power.

Can you imagine if i started a thread and said that only americans can be xenophobic because you guys have the most political power, that sure other nationalities can be prejudice, but they can't be xenophobic because we don't have the power you have, we're oppressed by you. Everyone would quite rightly scratch their heads and think I was insane

there are too many stupid liberals in america.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
When I moved to Virginia Beach 12 years ago...I was working in this restaurant on the beach. A black guy ( African American) came in by himself and ate lunch. He had a sandwich and 2 red bulls. When I brought him his bill he looked at me ( white girl- Caucasian) and said.... " I'm not paying this...you owe me ...you owe me because my great great grand father was a slave. And you owe me! ".....and he threw the check at me. So,... I picked up the check and said.... " I'm from the North..my great great grandfather freed your great great grandfather...so You owe me!...pay your damn bill!" and I threw the check back at him...lol! ..he did pay, but only after I went and got my manager ( who was black- African american) and she chewed his ass.
That was the first time in my life I had ever had that happen, but since I live here now, it happens a lot...sad..but true.

Sounds to me like you made that story up

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy

Can you imagine if i started a thread and said that only americans can be xenophobic because you guys have the most political power, that sure other nationalities can be prejudice, but they can't be xenophobic because we don't have the power you have, we're oppressed by you. Everyone would quite rightly scratch their heads and think I was insane

there are too many stupid liberals in america.

You are so right. It was "compassionate" "progressive" liberals who locked me in a room without food and water as a young teenager until I and my friends admitted we were prejudiced. They ended up creating racism with their actions. (see my story top of page 4)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy

Originally posted by Meldionne1

Sounds to me like you made that story up

I seriously doubt this is a made up story. I had a student in my college classes who called a professor where she had taken a major exam and failed. She told him either change her grade to an A or she would accuse him of racism and even if it wasn't true no one would believe him because he was white. So out of fear the professor changed her grades. She is, scary, now an MD in Georgia. She got mad a a white roommate (a very close friend of my daughter's) and sat naked on her face and laughed and said she could do it because if the roommate complained she'd say it was ridiculous and tell the school that her white roommate was racist and making it all up. These sorts of things DO happen.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

SO what you are saying is "hey they did it to them first, so its cool if we get some slaves"?. Yeah justifies it.

It is different when a different skin colours have another skin colour under them as slaves. Not saying, same skinned coloured "masters" treats them any better.

Its kinda like a family affair compared to an outsider in a a family affair,

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If I would produce a song with the title "Say it loud I'm white and I'm proud!!" I would be most definitely called a racist.

Or a station called "White Entertainment Network"

Or wear a shirt with "White is Beautiful" on it..

You get my point...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Why are you proud? something your skin colour accomplished?

"im proud of the colour of my car, because of it i i got to work on time"???

_______

Its the pendulum effect.

If black enslaved you for 300 years, maybe now you can # on them and they just ignore you.

i like how Chris rock said it... "poor people can BS on rich people but if rich people BS on poor... thats just mean!"

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

SO what you are saying is "hey they did it to them first, so its cool if we get some slaves"?. Yeah justifies it.

It is different when a different skin colours have another skin colour under them as slaves. Not saying, same skinned coloured "masters" treats them any better.

Its kinda like a family affair compared to an outsider in a a family affair,

SO what you are saying is: It's ok if black people have black people as slaves. That is not racism, its a family matter and should be tolerated and left alone. But if someone has a slave a different color as them then it is racist. Anyone holding slaves should be called every horrendous name in the book and sent to jail for life in a small third world country jail, where jail is hell.

But this thread is not about slavery it is about racism. We ALL are some kind of racist down deep, every single one of us. There is no one exempt. It is part of the human nature to fear those outside of our group as perhaps dangerous. This is a survival mechanism built into us long ago when tribes killed each other for resources.

If aliens invaded, we'd be racist against them and perhaps (fantasy for sure) unite as a human race and finally put skin color aside as irrelevant. Skin color IS irrelevant.

Races are purely a social construct, they do not exist in reality. We all descend from a tiny group of people long, long ago. As humanity spread out throughout the globe, they became socially isolated and the people eventually started to look like each other through inbreeding. In africa, white babies died from sunburn before being able to reproduce, leaving only darker and darker skinned people as survivors. In northern europe, dark skinned babies died of a lack of vitamin D diseases and led to lighter and lighter skinned babies. Where ever groups were isolated for thousands of years they developed physical and similar DNA characteristics through inbreeding. But humans are humans like dogs are dogs, chihuahua's are dogs just as great danes are dogs, all humans are humans descended from the same origin group. So racism becomes a form of humanities self hatred, and a primal fear response to those not in our group.
edit on 10-12-2012 by grandmakdw because: spelling error fixed

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

NO...the most racist people I have ever met weren't white.
I'll let you guess what they were.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join