It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it true that only white are capable of racism?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

I have worked with people of many different nationalities from all over the world and I have found just about everyone is a little bit racist or predjudiced in some way. It must be human nature. I could say what x nationality says about y nationality and cause conflict but it best to just let it be. Any racist views whites may have is just a small part of the story from what I have experienced.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBelligerence
reply to post by Merriman Weir

All those things you mentioned are already illegal. so now what?

I'm not following you. Double secret probation?

I didn't mention anything about the legality of any of it. I'm describing the mechanisms through which racism is enacted.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

It's against the law, you're saying this is still going on illegally throughout western civilization?
edit on 10-12-2012 by MrBelligerence because: typo

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBelligerence

It's against the law, you're saying this is still legally going on illegally throughout western civilization?

I'm not saying it is or it isn't. Again, I'm describing the mechanisms through which racism is enacted: whether it's historical or it will happen tomorrow.

My point isn't a difficult one and I'm not entirely sure why you seem so intent on making more of what I've posted than is there.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Racism does not require power, but it is facilitated through power, so Id say more powerful ethnicity has more avenues to express their racism. On the other hand, racism is an individual phenomenon, and nowadays there are plenty of cases when a traditional "minority" (either when it comes to numbers or power) is put in a position of power over a member of "majority", and when such member of minority acts racists it is still racism. Non-whites and minorities are thus perfectly capable of racism, though you may argue it is less likely in a white-dominated societes to encounter serious cases of anti-white racism.

Also, I wouldnt put too much authority towards what universities teach, this is no hard science, social sciences are to a large degree subjective opinions. Just because you may disagree with an university professor does not make his opinion automatically correct and yours wrong.
edit on 10/12/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
It's not any less racist to lump all white people together as "Being in power" than it is to say all Gypsies are thieves or all black people are gang bangers.
Most white folks I know spend their whole lives trying to keep a roof over their heads, feed and educate their kids and not get ill. Seems that's the lot of poor people whatever their colour.

Sure, it's easy to say something negative about the colour of someone's skin, especially in the midst of a row. That doesn't make someone racist any more than saying "You fat bastard" means you have an intrinsic hatred of fat people. It just means you are trying to wind someone up.

Anyway, You can drill down as far as you like, people always draw distinctions between them and the "other". Doesn't matter about skin colour.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Racism does not require power, but it is facilitated through power,

It requires power to be facilitated.

so Id say more powerful ethnicity has more avenues to express their racism.

Which is why this discussion is happening the way it is: an ostensibly white, western society asks itself 'can only whites be racist'. If the mechanisms are there, the situation is easily reversed and applicable to any ethnicity

On the other hand, racism is an individual phenomenon,

that doesn't explain the notion institutional racism, which does exist and has been acknowledged, for example, in the British police force.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
How about this scenario, always confuses me.

BET - Black Entertainment TV - Not considered racist

What would happen if a TV channel called WET, White Entertainment TV, came to be? I bet it would be attacked from all angles for being RACIST.

Whenever there's a double standard, intelligent people, key word INTELLIGENT, stop taking it seriously.

Racism is one of the purest forms of ignorance. How will people ever come together as one when there are groups who insist on separating themselves????

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Nope everybody is capable of racism..the world is full of ignorance. There are Non whites who love to blame the whites for their failures, yet ignore many successful people of their race who have overcome. They also think that all whites are hateful by the few they have met.

There are whites who feel that non whites who are lazy, criminals, and drug/alcohol users, and they base their opinions on the few they have also met.

All those people are full of ignorance and idiotic.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

that doesn't explain the notion institutional racism, which does exist and has been acknowledged, for example, in the British police force.

Well, institutional racism also sometimes goes multiple ways. An example of anti-white (or anti-asian) institutional racism is affirmative action.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
take england for example, their racism is so phenomenal that due to the lack of black people and other minorities, they discriminate between each other by the types of accents they have.

also hair color, ginger(red) being particularly offensive.

americans don't have that problem. plenty of minorities to choose from.

then you have the asian cultures, japan being the most racial. they are not white, but loathe them just the same. but that was before americans nuked the crap out of them.

now white people, especially westerners, are almost idolized, probably out of extreme fear of offending them and getting nuked again.

they also don't like the chinese and apparently koreans are at the bottom of the list.

then you have some latino cultures that can't stand the chinese and the japanese.

black people, and i've read malcom x, apparently discriminate between each other depending on the level of "blackness" .

dave chappelle has made millions off this apparent discrimination. wesley snipes "black" being the most ridiculed and undesirable.

so what i have concluded, every race has racists, and some even so racist that they manage to find some things to discriminate between each other with.

its when this racism is implemented violently that it is no longer racism but evil.

edit on 10-12-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Well, institutional racism also sometimes goes multiple ways. An example of anti-white (or anti-asian) institutional racism is affirmative action.

I think you're missing the whole point of my posts.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I think things started going badly when anglo-saxons started filling barracoons by the thousands with Africans and considering them a commodity not a person. And treated these Africans more poorly than their livestock.

I was glad that these poor creatures could not see me, for I was hidden from their view by trees and bushes. I felt ashamed of myself—I actually felt ashamed of being a white man! Happily, such scenes are rarely, if ever, witnessed nowadays, and the slave-trade will soon belong to the past.

Stories of the Gorilla Country
by Paul du Chaillu
edit on 10-12-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Ask yourself. How many non-white racist characters are there in movies/TV? How many non-white instances of racism get reported y the MSM?

Ironically, this is main stream racism.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

I know of three cases in the Cincinnati area alone.That were prosecuted as hat crimes.Because at sometime during a fight the n-word was thrown out.But at no time anywhere in the country have I heard of a case involving the word cracker.Which to many people is offensive.I can only assume that in a fight,mugging,or crime of any type of crime this word is never uttered.Cracker is a term that no matter it's origin,is used with hatered,and when used aginst a white person meant to convey hostility.Hence the term HATE CRIME.In that sense a double standered applies.

edit on 10-12-2012 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
As stated above, I always found it interesting that there is a network called BET. What would happen if there was a network called WET?
edit on 10-12-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
then you have the asian cultures, japan being the most racial. they are not white, but loathe them just the same. but that was before americans nuked the crap out of them.

now white people, especially westerners, are almost idolized, probably out of extreme fear of offending them and getting nuked again.

Funny you should mention that. This is what happened to me............

I'm in Kisarazu, Chiba, Japan in 1995 with a couple of mates off the ship, we go up the road for a few cold ones and a bite to eat. After being consistently dissed by the locals we finally found a watering hole that had food as well.

The woman behind the bar did not speak English, apparently, and we knew only a few key Japanese words for beer, please and thank-you. After attempting for at least 40 mins to get something to eat (after witnessing dish after dish come out of the kitchen) just to get a blank stare that she "obviously" did not understand what we were talking about, I thought I would try something different to get my point across.

The vessel, and subsequently ourselves, were issued "shore passes" which we thought were only relevant to get back into the wharf gate. They were written in Japanese. I showed her my shore pass and after reading it she IMMEDIATELY started speaking perfect English, took our order for food and proclaimed.........

" Me so sorry, we thought you were American"

That story is much more profound and interesting - that was just the tip of the iceberg. It ended up being one of the best nights I have ever experienced in Japan. Their deep seated hatred of Americans became all too apparent, despite their adoption of all things western - they will not forgive this wrong.

Getting around Japan was easy after that experience - emphasising that I was Australian was the key, and it worked very single time. I have visited there over a dozen times since then

Sad but true.
edit on 10-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: spelling / grammar + additional comment

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

short andwer - no , detailed answer - no -happy now ?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
People fail to see others point of view.

If you are white, you will see racist argument toward you.

If you are Indian, you will see the racist actions toward you.

If you are Chinese, you will see racist behaviour against you.

Only in some cases where person A will see Person B getting remarks from Person C. It is barely a 3 party conversation. Most of the time it is between 2 party.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Every single society on the planet has racists.

What are you talking about, OP?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join