It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it true that only white are capable of racism?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

No body has the X on racism.....

It is shared by all peoples.

Rich and Poor.....
Light skin and Dark skin....
Northerner and Southerner.....
West Coast and East Coast.....
City Folk and Country Folk.....
Christian and Atheist.....
Educated and Uneducated....
Politicians and Hollywood Celebs......
Sports Athletes and Musicians.....

The list goes on and on....

Any one can be a Racist.

There is no set rules or guide lines.

Only Ignorance.....

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I think it's pretty much common sense that anyone, anywhere, anytime can be a racist against whatever race they want. I've definitely experienced racism directed towards me and I am as white as they come. I've also experienced racism second hand and seen the damage it can cause.

The biggest problem is ignorance. We don't have to accept every part of a culture or race, necessarily. We only have to try to understand and tolerate it. This at first may seem insensitive, but the harsh reality is that humans don't always work well together.

I personally believe we need to be separated to a degree, otherwise no one feels that their traditions, customs or cultures are being fully respected and appreciated. One culture/race will always feel that they are treated with less respect and consideration because the modern bias is towards multiculturalism, or the "cultural mosaic", which makes it impossible to give everyone equal consideration. There are simply too many different traditions and customs.

I'm not saying different races shouldn't live together. I'm simply saying if we're going to move forward as a species we have to address these issues instead of ignoring them.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBelligerence
reply to post by mOjOm

I recently went back to school and this is now what they're teaching as fact to the new generation of college kids.

Well, even if that were true, which I highly doubt, it still means nothing as far as establishing any credible proof to the claim of a "New Government and Educational Definition of Racism". About all that would prove is that you somehow have chosen the worst possible college ever.

So, now can anyone actually back up the claim made by IceQueen in her opening post. Because if not, then this is all just a bunch of B.S. opinion based drama.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
Racism isn't just name calling.

It's actually oppression.

So if blacks rose up and enslaved whites, or made them sit at the back of the bus, and for decades after they received lower pay for the same jobs and more harassment by police etc. etc. etc. THEN the blacks would be oppressing the whites, and they could be called racist.

For now, only whites are racist.

edit on 10/12/12 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

What a blatantly rude and narrow way to see things. Some of those issues that linger from those times, are very saddening, but are not without mending in these times. You cannot, in any way, legitimately lump all "whites" into that, and even yet, the entire country, for which an entire UNION defended and fought against slavery and that oppression.

I personally take major offense to what you said at the end there, and it reminds me of story:

A nice girl of African American decent and our were having a conversation in the University after a class. Not knowing how the conversation took this turn, she begins railing into me with a furor left unheard of, saying how my ancestors and my people did this and that to her ancestors and her people.

Guess what, if you're going to lump me and my heritage into an assumed set of negative consequence, of a perceptual set that is hastening of nothing, but anger and hate, I will say nothing more to you, other than the fact that you are wrong, and how dare you be such a fool.

I hold no malice against any race, but I am FORCED to accept that I am "white" and am thereby constrained to these malicious attacks of hatred and pain that I, nor did any of my ancestors ever support.

And for some factual knowledge, slaves of all kinds were held by all different races and civilizations throughout the last 4000 years. Jews, Egypt anyone?? Like I said, there is plenty of history, and plenty of "reasons" to hate and generalize people into terrible perceptual sets. And you know what, that's an individual CHOICE.
edit on 10-12-2012 by ProperlyErrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ProperlyErrant

It's got more to do with civil rights in the 60's than the slave trade. A time when racism was rampant, and black people treated as third class citizens. Plenty of black people still alive who lived through that. It's not ancient history, it's recent history some that people like to forget about, while others still hold grudges.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Why is it when people talk of racism, White vs. Black is instantly mentioned?

Blacks are not the only minority group in our country.
Even tho they are the most out spoken.

Our country caters to the diversity of many cultures and class of people.
Not just White and Black.

I don't see how any one can limit the term "racist" to just one select group of people.
It just doesn't work that way IMO.

ALL people, regardless of skin color, religion and class, are capable of racism if they so choose.

edit on 10-12-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen
The definition of racism according to the government and education has recently been changed...

Whatever government and education says, count on the OPPOSITE being true.

Everything Is a Lie

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

reply to post by mOjOm

I recently went back to school and this is now what they're teaching as fact to the new generation of college kids.

Well, even if that were true, which I highly doubt, it still means nothing as far as establishing any credible proof to the claim of a "New Government and Educational Definition of Racism". About all that would prove is that you somehow have chosen the worst possible college ever.

So, now can anyone actually back up the claim made by IceQueen in her opening post. Because if not, then this is all just a bunch of B.S. opinion based drama.

thefire.org... rect

in this link you can see an official document from the university of Delaware. On the bottom of page 2, you will see that Racism = prejudice + power. the commonly used term now. it also references white supremacy as a definition of racism.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by ProperlyErrant

It's got more to do with civil rights in the 60's than the slave trade. A time when racism was rampant, and black people treated as third class citizens. Plenty of black people still alive who lived through that. It's not ancient history, it's recent history some that people like to forget about, while others still hold grudges.

I hear ya.

However, justification for hating an entire racial group (whites) and seeing them as oppressive?

I hope those that see things that way realize how incredibly racist they themselves are. And NO, racism is not only confined to the actions of one particular group (Caucasians), and one particular country (U.S.) (regional at that [south]), to which some may think is justification to blanket generalize an entire group (Caucasians). That is racism as well, there's not a shadow of a doubt about that. It's this reciprocating, feedback loop of racism and hate that people get stuck in and I REFUSE to get caught up in that #ing tripe.

Like I said in an earlier post, people will twist and manipulate the rules and parameters they have within their minds, and apply them to this group or the other, in an unjust manner at that, simply to satiate this victim-hate-superiority complex.

It has nothing to do with race in the end of it all, it has everything to do with who you are, and what you stand for.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I have seen black on Hispanic, black on black, white on white, black on white and Hispanic on HISPANIC racism.

I think if I was on a jury deciding whether an act was committed on the basis of racism, or deciding a hate crime ... I'd have to see the WHOLE picture and not just a few snippits. If I was 100% convinced, you can bet I would vote it as racism.

We are all one race actually.

Edit to add - there is also a Jewish on Jewish racism which is about race (DNA/racial heritage) and is not about religion.
edit on 10/12/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

Originally posted by facelift

No...but they're the only ones who will be prosecuted for it.

Has anyone ever been prosecuted for the word cracker?

The bad dude from Sons was killed after he said it recently

Actually, the black gangsters are called Black, Brothers or Niners.
But the whte bikers are called Crackers.

Go Go Gadget Television Executives...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Haha Legitimate Racism.

Now I've heard it all... Oh boy

I am not racist, I am Legitimate!

Hmm, looks legit to me.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Wake me up when the white people have paid back their dues, will you. It seems everytime I check the balance, we're still in debt.

When you feel fully satisfied that everyone has paid back what they owe, I'm sure you'll be happy.

Good to know that us whites are still guilty. Whew, close call.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

Originally posted by facelift

No...but they're the only ones who will be prosecuted for it.

Has anyone ever been prosecuted for the word cracker?
Nope, just like no one has been prosecuted for the word ni@@er. The word cracker is actually derived from ''whip cracker'', or ''cracker of the whip'', if you will. Most southern whites way back in the day were not offended by that term, because they were fully aware of what it meant. Another thing, there's a distinct difference between being racist and being prejudiced. Allow me to elaborate...being racist entails not only disliking someone based on race ALONE, racism couples that with the notion or implication of superiority. Many white supremicists use this to further their agenda by claiming black people are of the ''slave race'', and therefore, inferior. Being prejudiced, on the other hand, is simply disliking someone based solely on their race ALONE, and has nothing to do with thinking their race is superior. They just don't like a certain race, period. Sure, there's a thin line, but nevertheless, there's a line.
edit on 10-12-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Yes:-) did'nt you know?EVERYTHING,every conceivable thing wrong with the world is the white man's fault...To be serious,blacks are just as racist as whites,the Chinese and Japanese look down on each other,eg.It goes deeper than skin color,the moment you judge a person on anything other than that individual's behaviour towards yourself+others,on the way that person conduct their lives...you've let some form of -ist or -ism influence you.Here in my country,black against white racism+hatred have led to thousands upon thousands of murders.Say something about That if you're a white,and YOU are the one labelled a racist.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Racism, as well as prejudice, really needs a power imbalance in order to enact oppression. This can be a simple numbers game: a majority capable of oppressing a minority or it can be power through economics or politics.

Prejudice on its own is just an angry man or woman shouting into the wind. It's offensive and wrong but it doesn't really have 'form' as such. The real problem is when power is involved: landlords refusing tenants, shopkeepers refusing to serve people, employees refusing to hire people or hire them for proper wages, politicians formulating laws or removing protections, religious doctrines and so on.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

have you ever heard chris rock

anyway its hard not to be with all this crap on terrorists
its drummed into us if you let it

here in the uk we brits that live on the streets

but if your from another country you get a house
trained for work help with driving and car

this is how they TRY to hate each other

EDIT
we are all the same under the skin
edit on 10/12/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Racism, as well as prejudice, really needs a power imbalance in order to enact oppression. This can be a simple numbers game: a majority capable of oppressing a minority or it can be power through economics or politics.

Prejudice on its own is just an angry man or woman shouting into the wind. It's offensive and wrong but it doesn't really have 'form' as such. The real problem is when power is involved: landlords refusing tenants, shopkeepers refusing to serve people, employees refusing to hire people or hire them for proper wages, politicians formulating laws or removing protections, religious doctrines and so on.
Glad you posted this. I swear, sometimes I feel as if I'm in the Twilight Zone when I read some of these posts. Star to you.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

All those things you mentioned are already illegal. so now what?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

The word racism was invented by leon trotsky as a way to break down society and impose marxism. It will never be used for the purpose "equal rights", only as a tool for attacking dissenting voices.

Pass the bong, man. I mean, you are high, aren't you?

This has been debunked time and time again. It was used in both Britain and France before the Trotsky usage. If I remember correctly, the British usage was actually in my daily paper (which was a local paper back then) and was actually used in an anti-racist context (ie was denigrating racists).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join