It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Atheism movement is using ATS as a mouthpiece

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Another Christian playing the victim. There's no conspiracy against you. People are just stating their opinions just like you do, and you don't like it because it goes against your beliefs, so you try to make it out like it's some grand conspiracy. Stop pretending you are victim living such a difficult life just by being Christian and being attacked by all these evil atheists. This schtick is getting pathetic.

Many (not all) religious folks seem to feel free to spout their beliefs and judge the "non believers/heathens/whatever" yet anytime someone disagrees or says that religion is bogus they are suddenly being victimized by "atheist bigots". I'm an "atheist" or "agnostic", idk, I don't really care about silly terms, I don't believe in any of the hundreds of religions out there and highly doubt any intelligent "god" created this universe, I ascribe to logical and scientific thinking and demand proof rather than myths/stories/whatever. Anyways, as one of these "atheists" or whatever, I can assure you, I'm not conspiring with other rational people in some grand campaign to victimize the poor ole Christians, I'm just stating my opinions where I feel like it just like you.

There's plenty of Atheists that are jerks who want to go out of their way force their viewpoint on others just like there are plenty of Christians (and to be honest, historically, from the Crusades to the Inquisition to "spreading the gospel" in all sorts of ways, a lot more) that are jerks who want to go out of their way to force their viewpoint on others, that doesn't mean there's some grand conspiracy on either side. I also found it rather ironic on how you claimed this mysterious evil group of "New Atheists" is infecting young people with their beliefs who then just believe in them with little or no research of their own and then "turn around like good little soldiers and regurgitate the same, unfounded nonsense. "... considering that's describes exactly how Christianity and other religions have operated for as long as they existed...

I'm just so tired of hearing Christians (or other religions for that matter) act like it's so hard to be a Christian and they are being victimized anytime an Atheist says something they don't like. If anything, in modern society "Atheists" take a lot more crap than Christians. Why do you think that every single presidential candidate has to pretend to be (or actually be) religious, and do photo ops of them going to church and what not, just to get elected? Because not believing in these religions puts you in the minority, not the majority. I'm sorry you're so used to that, to being on top of the world and suddenly seeing people who don't buy into religion or are even annoyed with religion (for many legitimate reasons) actually saying so on the internet is so foreign and offensive to you that you think it must be a conspiracy. Get over it and look in the mirror.

Oh and here's the most important part, next time you are going to make a bold claim of some conspiracy against you or Christians on ATS, present some actual proof instead of just wild speculations and delusions with absolutely nothing to back it up.
edit on 10-12-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Suggesting there is some "conspiracy" of "New Atheists" and using the language you chose to use are two different things! This was an ATTACK on Atheists (I'm not one, btw)....
but, couldn't you have suggested such an idea without all the pejorative denigration?

I peruse the faith forums daily, and I don't see any such "guerrilla warfare".....
and both sides - the Christians AND the Atheists - are guilty of using that kind of opening list of accusations.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

For the record, I am not "zealous" or "hate-filled".

But I am bitter about the years in which several religious cults tried to troll me to join their ranks. They've tried it all from forced conversions to showing up at my place of work to sending minions that know ASL to my doorstep to leaving chocolate advent calendars on my doorstep.

These people do not understand.

Not everyone wants to be part of their little cults!

And they will not stop until everyone out there is like them.

I simply refuse to fall in line.

If that makes me "hate-filled", then so be it. I have seen plenty of disgusting things on ATS and in real-life from people who call themselves Christians.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by begoodbees
reply to post by lambs to lions

It is unfortunate that we live in a time when truth of any kind is elusive and evil is running rampant. I am a former Christian myself so I know what you do and why you do it and I respect and sympathize with your plight. The problem is that our public indoctrination system i.e. public schools has convinced many that the most unlikely and improbable answer (evolution) is factual (even though there is nothing but circumstantial evidence to support it and even that is a stretch) and in obscure ways are taught that theists are superstitious fools from a bygone age of ignorance. You will have as much luck convincing them that DNA could not have created itself as they would have convincing you that God is not real.

Even when evidence and common sense are in your corner pride and ignorance will prevent most people from changing their views or excepting that you are allowed to have different views than them. To exacerbate the situation these people believing in survival of the fittest have no ethics and therefore cannot be swayed using ethical arguments. They believe that they are superior to you and therefore you are unfit for survival and are better off dead. Evolution is a tool that evil forces use to belittle the human race and degrade the human psyche.

There is not much we can do about it. In the end all truth will be revealed and we can take comfort in that.
edit on 10-12-2012 by begoodbees because: proof read
Ummm.......I didn't really want to enter this thread but your post needed repeating and I wished to add to your thoughts and also highlight the conspiracy that Lambs to Lions has alluded to..........There is a conspiracy that much is factual and there are other threads even today that showcase this. These persons do feel they are superior in fact they deem themselves "elite". They are also attempting to establish their NWO and will no doubt use their survival of the fittest mantra to eradicate the undesirable element, ie., the religeous masses that fart, burp and excrete way too often to satisfy that superior imperative. The whole house of charade is disgustingly obvious and has become quite common sense. None of you that love to rub your superiority in the face of the rest are going to be included in their plan, other than to be culled like the rest. A few of you might end up as the serf population if you grovel hard and long enough but chances are that robots will replace even you and the elite will have their utopia.
Most of you secretly want this all to come to pass, the religious are seeking the end times and the progressive a-theists seek their Brave New World.........too damned few that will stand in the way and thwart either scheme.
In the end both and neither visions will come to pass and I will pass to and none of this will even matter. The thing that I detest the most will be that the world I wish for my children will never arrive and they will have to suffer the horrers of what will surely come. I wish to God that I could reach through this computor and slap the hell out of the lot of you. You think that your so awake and yet here we are even having to have this silly debate.

YouSir

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Really? I think that I reacted very well for someone that called me a "clown."

What is strange is that you perceive my responses to be inappropriate. I have repeatedly been insulted, and have remained calm, and still you say my responses are unwarranted? My OP was concerning New Atheism and the people who further it's agenda. There hasn't been a single person on this thread claim to be a New Atheist. Yet, there have been many who have been offended by my OP. Why? If I wasn't talking about them, then why the hostility and insults?

Look, I don't hate anyone. I wrote about what I perceive to be an agenda bent on attacking Christianity. I wrote this thread in the correct forum according to the T & C's. I have been respectful, although I have been called names on many occasions. I have accepted it, but somehow you think that I have reacted inappropriately? Is that right?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
*** Closed ***

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

You are responsible for your own posts.
edit on Tue Dec 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join