It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

huge green flashes in salt lake valley?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I live south of salt lake city, in "Utah valley".

several minutes ago, while stepping out for some air, I saw green flashes over the ridgeline which lit up the entirety of the salt lake valley. they appeared to be localized from a ground source. they reminded me of an explosive flash....but no boom. or perhaps like lightning from a distant storm....but skies are clear.

I could find no reports. I will continue to look for info sources.

possibly related:
texas green flashes

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

I'm just around the point from you, and was actually in my garage about the same time. Didn't see it, but no booms or stormy weather either.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

- Green flashes over the ridge line which lit up the entirety of the salt lake valley
- They appeared to be localized from a ground source
- No sound of explosion
- No sign of Lightning [ as skies are clearer ]

What can it be ?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
First thing I thought of when I read your title to your post was the Texas reports on this as well. Strange things going on all over

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

I cannot understand why I am not seeing any local news or other corroboration. anyone living in slc area, near their window or outside would surely not have missed it.

the green light of the flash covered the ENTIRE valley and was very bright. repeated 4 or 5 times over the span of 1 minute. the ground source I would estimate line-of-sight redwood rd. definitely not east of the freeway.

something will turn up.
edit on 9-12-2012 by tgidkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Maybe it was the prison at the point going up in flames

But really... I turned on the salt lake police frequencies, and didn't hear any chatter. So maybe nothing but a transformer? We Utahns know how often the power goes out around here, and with the snow fall we just got, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what it was. I watched a transformer blow near my house once, and didn't hear a boom... But it sure lit up the sky. I dunno.... All I know is I was driving home from a movie at 9:00. Was in my kitchen (which is on the ridge and overlooks the valley) making coffee 9:15-9:20, and then in my garage having a cigar at 9:25-10:15. Sadly missed what you saw...but think I would have seen it if it were huge, since the door to the garage was cracked.
Curious to know though.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Just a thought but isn't Dugway to the west of you .

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thudpuddy

Very west, and across another mountain range from the OP

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

Just saw the same thing this morning while standing outside in Taylorsville facing slc. I was waiting for a boom sound sound that never came!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

Someone playing with a bright green laser, reflecting it off clouds?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You guys might want to check out a thread in the aviation section of ATS called the green lady!!
Its about a sighting of a fast moving aircraft that gives of a green glow, its a long read but well worth in opinion.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
You guys might want to check out a thread in the aviation section of ATS called the green lady!!
Its about a sighting of a fast moving aircraft that gives of a green glow, its a long read but well worth in opinion.

Is this the right link?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy

originally posted by: Kurokage

Is this the right link?

Just so you get a reply soon I do believe that is the thread about the
same topic. A Boron burning really really fast classified aircraft.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Cool man, thanks.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Sorry the reply is so late.
Here's a link to the original thread about a sighting over California.

Sighting of green thingy
edit on 1-1-2017 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join