It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Patrick Geryl is thinking to do on the 21 December 2012 ? mass suicide ? kill him self ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
First of all, who is Patrick Geryl ?
Patrick Geryl (b.1955) is an author and amateur astronomer from Antwerp, Belgium known for his writings on various topics in history and science...

Wikipedia link: en.wikipedia.org...:Nathan_hutchcraft/Patrick_Geryl

long story short this afternoon i was talking with same of my friends about 2012 and the Maya calender when same one mention the name Patrick Geryl. I read his theories and saw same of his videos a couple months ago and just got curious about what was he doing now a days and went to his website.
What i found on is website and it wasn't there before was two pdf files to download about is theories whit this sentence:

" For the Survivors: Download, print out and warn our descendants so they wont make the fatal mistakes like we did! "

Link to the website: www.howtosurvive2012.com...

This guy now made me think.

When he says "For the Survivors" what does he mean ?

What is planing to do on the 21 of December ? kill him self ? mass suicide with same of is followers ?

What you guys think ? please post your thoughts.

thank you.
edit on 9-12-2012 by jahlv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If it was suicide or even mass suicide, why wait until the 21st? The World may end at 12:01 and his plan may be set for 12:02 therefore ruining his grand exit.

Unless of course he's just leaving the time open...just in case. Then call it off and say that all the prophecies were wrong.

Seems like an agenda with an escape clause.

Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jahlv

same

some

you decide! and may the 12/21/2012 force be with you

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I believe he is planning to be in Madagascar to survive whatever he thinks is coming. He has some areas of the globe pointed out as possible survival places on his site. The rest of us have to be ready for work on the 21st and the 22nd, etc.,etc., just in case.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Neither.
I have been following Geryl for about 8 years now and I certainly am not going to say that I subscribe to all of his theories at all.

However, he has started an initiative in South Africa, to set up a bunker community. Yes, it began as a survival community for 2012. However, should nothing happen on the 21st (it won't), the community will continue to grow and thrive. It is designed to be a full time living community for some and a vacation-type home for others. He began this in 1999. It was a win-win. If the "world collapsed". they were set to continue life. If it didn't, they plan on teaching and refining antiquated methods to survival -- making clothes from scratch, soap, medicine, gardening, etc. It's actually a really cool intiative in my opinion --end of the world or not.

The items to download at the top of his web page that you reference are designed to assist survivors after 12/21 to warn future civilizations that it is a cycle that will repeat. It is his life work, per se, and I guess he thinks it important enough to save and pass along to future generations.

He feels he has solved the sunspot cycle, it's importance, and the cause of earthquakes and volcanic activity on Earth.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 02bmw76

South Africa, not Madagascar, although he does list Madagascar as a relatively safe area to survive. He only came up with five or six places in the world that are safe.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If all this "bad" stuff is going to happen and the world is going to hell in a handbasket....

Why would you WANT to survive and live such a disgusting life on this earth?

oxi

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

As long as he doesnt preach end of the world or induce his followers to commit suicide, he does have the choice of free will.

It is a good example for the OP to bring up about the doings of the doomsayers, and your post to shed light on the perspectived of Patrick.

There will be many whom will laugh at the doomsayers, but there will be some whom will be shivering in outright fear, and it is these people that rational beings must reach out to help them, by telling them the truth.

If the end comes, NONE can hope to survive.

But if not, and there is a tomorrow, life will have to continue on.

Thus, there is no need to live in fear and trepidation, but to cherish and treasure each and every moment of our time as mortals on Earth. We all will end individually anyway, for no carbon based DNA constructed human can live forever. We came with nothing and will leave with nothing.

Precious human life is too short to be spent living in fear, worries and trepidations. No human will know the end date, thus it would be foolish to second guess, to prepare for an end that NONE will survive, or worse, to throw one's precious gift of life away, either by a blockage of one's breathe of air or the hurt and harm of another fellow human being.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
well, looks like very few people have an interest about this topic if it as about doom and gloom i bet it was on top discussions of ATS.

thanks you for your post it was very clarifying about what is planning to do at least we have an idea now what is going to happen to Patrick.
edit on 15-12-2012 by jahlv because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2012 by jahlv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Un millonario belga se construye un búnker en Bérchules para sobrevivir al fin del mundo

Hello, well i can now tell you what Patrick Geryl has been up to.
Heres a local news story detailing the work on his new bunker n the high Sierras of Spain.
I was working there last week when this post went up and thought it might be one of the other workers. I was sworn to secrecy last week up until today, but as this appeared i the paper i decided the time was up.
I found Patrick to be a funny and generous man, interestingly I had never heard of him till I went to work on the site. And i've been a conspiracy nut for years, It's how i got put up for the job after all. There were no rich people that I know of coming to stay, though first day on site I heard figures between 30'000 and 250'000 euros for a place.
Most of the people doing the hard heavy work were paid and the rest were volunteers. Patrick is not rich in fact i found out later that he'd been giving his books away free for the last few years.
No one was forced to stay and in fact we're all going to an end of the world party in a valley further down the mountain.
The "bunker" system is made up of 3 underground geodomes of reinforced concrete, using fibre glass rebar rather than the metal stuff because Patrick thinks the metal properties may change if there is a pole shift.
In fact no metal was used in the construction. There is a forth underground bunker which is a rectangular building which i believe was to be a canteen and shower block.
I have taken some pics and videos of the site during early construction but have no way of posting just yet.
Good luck to Patrick, his heart is in the right place. He wants to turn the site into an alternative community if nothing happens as he thinks a pole shift will eventually happen anyway.

www.ideal.es... 1219/local/provincia-granada/millonario-belga-construye-bunker-201212182132.html
edit on 21-12-2012 by discolo because: cannot get the lnk to the news tory to work.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by discolo

Thanks for the update! Patrick is a cool dude...we've communicated by email over the years.

Dates are hard to get right but I have no doubt that someday WE WILL get hit by a MEGA-flare like Patrick believes, and at the least it could fry all our electrical grids. Always best to be prepared.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Yeah, he's not at all "hippie dippy" or Doom and gloom. And I will certainly try to help him out in the future I think his main raison d'etre is simply to help as many people survive as possible becuase he believes in himself and because he believes he can. I have no idea where the news article got the idea that polish people wer working there though. maybe they just put that in to make it more exciting.

top topics

join