It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If you don't like it then just turn it off"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 02bmw76Commercial radio in general is a train wreck of advertising and repetition.

You just hit on a point that was the first thing that I noticed when getting back into pop culture: the repetition. The same set of commercials, 5 or 6 times in an hour. The same playlist, slightly altered, over and over again. How do people tolerate it? More importantly, WHY do people put up with it? It seems like many people would rather watch / listen to something that they don't even like, than nothing at all. One show after the other. Get in the car and immediately turn the radio on. Is it some kind of addiction? A need to be entertained from dawn til dusk? Are people afraid to let their minds wander? I don't get it.

I got side-tracked by the quality of pop music because I love music and so it's easy to get on a soapbox about it, but your point about the advertising and repetition echoes the heart of my original post. People complain about commercials, yet continue to sit through them. People endure the same dozen songs, even bearing the ones that they don't like. Why? Are they like a few people in the thread, who basically say "even if you don't like it, just deal with it and don't say anything"? So... is it apathy then?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Thing is, nowadays, EVERYTHING is sex and/or money.

Singers are not anymore people who can sing (except for Seal, Michael Bublé or Adele). They are (please excuse the language in advance) "baby-doll-hot-ass-with-tits-in-the-air" or "johnny-got-a-bad-boy-face-and-big-arms". They sell their "sexy" image. They sell their butt. They sell their appearance. They can't sing, they are recorded, processed and re-treated, and then the tasteless music is put on.

Same on TV. Who needs a bimbo to do the weather? Is the weather gonna be any better if it is Marilyn Monroe doing it? Why the f... do you need to show a nearly naked woman to sell a damn car or a yoghurt??? Why is it that in any movie, there is NECESSARILY a sex scene? Why is it that when it is Scarlet Johansson or Megan Fox, the movie makes a hit even if it is crap?

<< 1  2   >>

join