It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon symbolism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
So we all know? haha

So we all know that the ancients personified the sky and measured and calculated harvest times and all that blah blah. Most of us have realised the personification of the son/sun and the daughter/moon.

Anyway I ain't really care about that I was just wondering what interpretation others might have of a Man/Son landing on the moon and in a sense conquering it.

So all you psyche buffs and inner-world workers what ya think? What is the symbolism of the sun on the moon?

My opinion: I have noticed an uneven support of the more masculine aspects of our psyche. To me It seems that the female aspect is being denied in many underhanded ways.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernamehere
So we all know? haha

So we all know that the ancients personified the sky and measured and calculated harvest times and all that blah blah. Most of us have realised the personification of the son/sun and the daughter/moon.

Anyway I ain't really care about that I was just wondering what interpretation others might have of a Man/Son landing on the moon and in a sense conquering it.

So all you psyche buffs and inner-world workers what ya think? What is the symbolism of the sun on the moon?

My opinion: I have noticed an uneven support of the more masculine aspects of our psyche. To me It seems that the female aspect is being denied in many underhanded ways.

I see your point, but I'm not wishing to go land on the SUN.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by usernamehere

Wouldn't it just be a time of fertility and creative growth? Man (the male principle) landing on the Moon (the female principle) is no different than the Great God (the sun) fertilizing the Great Goddess (Earth) during Bealtaine, the Celtic festival which kick-starts the summer season.

If you want to get a bit more psychological, then it would suggest a time wherein the masculine principle seeks refuge within the feminine, because we did not "conquer" or "dominate" the moon. We merely landed and collected samples which we then brought back for study. We are enveloping ourselves in the chemical and physical make-up of the moon... or, attempting to understand how and why the feminine exists and operates.

~ Wandering Scribe

new topics

join