It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if nothing happens on Dec 21st, 2012? Possible mass suicides in France?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yes, but there are wacko people....and then there are religious wacko people. I think if there weren't mass suicides over a religious prophecy there won't be mass suicides over a prophecy by an ancient civilaztion

link   
Greetings

Very wierd to Kill yourself over a Fictional event based on assumptions created over a Old calender , ofcourse the Mayans where people with a lot of knowledge.
But If we all would kill ourself when our fantasy would not actually come to realisation then there would not be a human soul left on this planet.

Thegreazel.

link   
Back in 2001, I thought it was the end of the world. I bought into the Marylin Agee BS. I was a christian and thought that the world it all might end on May 15. Of course, I got a job on that date, believe it or not. Try to figure that one! Somehow I survived. But I've spent the years since recovering. I still have "episodes" where I pull back from reality and want to escape. But where? Where to? There's no where to escape. This life is all there is, so you have to make it the best.

Most people won't suicide, they'll just spend hte next 10 years (or more) recovering. I'm willing to wager some will be so distraught that they'll just dig deeper into delirium.

I'm not a new person. I still am broken. So they could be recovering for a while, if I'm an example. These days, I get my hope from science and science fiction. It's the only hope I know. I cling to it like it's my flesh and bone. I derive very little meaning from other things, sorry to say.

Reality is the answer and the riddle. It's the riddle part hat's so dangerous to well being.
edit on 10-12-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

ok thats good to know because I was concerned about your ethics there for a minute
... I do not agree though that those "enlightened" folks who believe that ascension( or whatever is gonna happen in their world) will happen deserve the face slap they are going to be handed by the mighty hand of reality. Have you never been bamboozled into believing something that you later found not to be true?? It happens to all of us on different levels and I don't feel if one has been "suckered" into the theosophy that they deserve any ill will... that is what is great about being a human, changing your mind , learning to grow and develop from more experiences.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

I don't think there is any given number besides more then two be for it's counted as a "Mass suicide". It seems revolves more around the time, event and location. So anyone in the world that commits suicide between the 20th and the 22nd could be counted.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Seattle will be ground zero. If you combine, the mayan blowover with the 2 months of christmas, nearly an entire year of rain, and a service job... you have just concocted the most devastating blow you can ever lay upon the human mind.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Back in 2001, I thought it was the end of the world. I bought into the Marylin Agee BS. I was a christian and thought that the world it all might end on May 15. Of course, I got a job on that date, believe it or not. Try to figure that one! Somehow I survived. But I've spent the years since recovering. I still have "episodes" where I pull back from reality and want to escape. But where? Where to? There's no where to escape. This life is all there is, so you have to make it the best.

Most people won't suicide, they'll just spend hte next 10 years (or more) recovering. I'm willing to wager some will be so distraught that they'll just dig deeper into delirium.

I'm not a new person. I still am broken. So they could be recovering for a while, if I'm an example. These days, I get my hope from science and science fiction. It's the only hope I know. I cling to it like it's my flesh and bone. I derive very little meaning from other things, sorry to say.

Reality is the answer and the riddle. It's the riddle part hat's so dangerous to well being.

Jonnywhite....Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm glad to hear you are recovering from such a strong belief that let you down. I'm sure it's not easy to admit how deeply you were affected by your experience. I applaud you for coming here and posting some very important first hand info for us....

Des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't think preppers will be killing themselves if nothing happens. The whole mindset of a prepper is to survive against great odds. How do you get from...Survive at any cost to, I thought something different was going to happen so I'll kill myself?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chi-and-Me

There are more than just preppers going "off the reservation" over this date...

edit: all one has to do is look at this forum everyday at least 2 or 3 more spring up... here's a new one today for example.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-12-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Thank you for sharing your experience. I do hope wish you many blessings and hopefully one day a full recovery

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Personally I could care less whether there are or aren't mass suicides or if the world does/doesn't end this month.

If it does end (which there is no evidence to say it will), then how likely is it there will be anyone left around to say "I told you so"

If there are mass suicides, I consider it a very efficient way of cleansing the gene pool to further social evolution.

If nothing happens as most of us expect, we'll all still be fighting traffic and crowds to go shopping for Christmas.

King

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by bknapple32

As above so below.

I understand what you're talking about, but this is a different crowd of people from what you would find normally on a regular 2012 thread.

Most of these people are not New Agers or occultists. They're not into Hermetics, "The Dancing Wu Li Masters, and "The Holographic Universe."

Wrong crowd.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Good message from the video. It can be so tempting to say, "I told you so." Just the worst thing you can do in this case: kicking them when they're down.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Its already been happening for a while bro you just don't understand. Don't worry though most people don't either. Let me break it down for you....

As the earth changes position in the solar system so does that of the weather on earth. As the weather on earth changes so does that the mentality of the people.

As the solar system changes position in the galaxy the so does that the weather of the solar system.

As the galaxy changes position in the universe so does that the weather of the galaxy.

You get my drift? It all works together like a machine in perfect harmonious sequence.

We are constantly changing positions, we are constantly evolving(change). What is happening in 2012 has already been happening for a while and will continue to happen for a while longer.

And may I just add, while this is all true, something else needs be said, it does not matter, everyday should be treated the same, Ascension can happen at any time and TRUE love in your heart is better than TRUE hate, wouldn't you agree? So why wait? Start Today; live your life for Today. We have no control over anything except our own beliefs and actions.

BAW33

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector
reply to post by Destinyone

Good message from the video. It can be so tempting to say, "I told you so." Just the worst thing you can do in this case: kicking them when they're down.

I know...you are so right. I was even looking forward to some of the *I told you so* threads, so I could post too. Now, not going to do it. I hope more people will reconsider doing it too. I now have a better understanding of how fragile, a complete stranger may be. I certainly don't want to be the *I told you so*, that pushed someone over the edge.

Thanks for your feedback on the vid...

des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

There'll be a collective sigh of relief and it will be good for us, in the spirit of a recovery and a reintegration at all levels.

If only people would come to see that when "for man all happiness must arise exclusively only in relation to some unhappiness, already experienced" (Gurdjieff) and "the more that sorrow and suffering has carved into our being the more joy we can contain" (Gibran) that at some point we simply must, with all that contrast, have the courage to be happy and joy filled.

The threat isn't December 21st 2012. It's simply human ignorance and stupidity.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Age!

NAM

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This might be harsh, but...

Good riddance to bad genes. Let the self made Darwinian gene pool cleansing event commence.

Sure someone killed by an idiot is bad, but I will shed no tear for those who do themselves in willingly because of this for whatever reason (to me anyone committing suicide for any reason beyond say alleviating extreme incurable pain, are weak willed taking the easy way out).

And those that do believe and dont do something as asinine as topping themselves or others and who when its all over realize it was a complete case of gullible stupidity on their part and take that truth and learn from it, and apply it to their own beliefs, good for them.

Thats probably the only enlightenment and/or ascension that will happen from this so called event.

edit:- opps seems Kingalbrect79 shars the same opinion.
edit on 10-12-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
There are two kinds of people. Warm/kind-hearted. and hard-hearted, and the differentiation or distinction between the two has never been more pronounced. Some are alive or are in the process of a resurrection/transformation, and the others are dead already.

That nexus of judgement and of truth come to light might effect those courageous enough to be willingly heart broken, but for those lacking in compassion it will be as if nothing whatsoever unusual took place. Oh the irony, for those capable of grasping the humor of true understanding and thus sharing in the cosmic joke at the expense of our human ignorance and stupidity, and at the expense of the hard-hearted, who truly are the most ignorant, of all.

edit on 10-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

If this thread did any good, it was being able to read your story. Thank you so much for opening yourself up to possible flames in order to share the other side of the coin here. I hope you felt relief being able to write that all down (can be very therapeutic).

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If something like this actually happens, then, the only one responsibly for it would be word wide media and so called researchers, who on purpose or not, misunderstood what the Mayans were trying to tell us. And then they spread lies, lies and lies!

Come to think about it, it seems logical, doesn't it? The people from the shadow, try in all ways to reduce the number of human population...Do you think this is somehow connected to them?
edit on 10-12-2012 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join