It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if nothing happens on Dec 21st, 2012? Possible mass suicides in France?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by quietlearner
so ATS is telling us not to do the "I told you so" threads
and it's understandable
given what was already discussed in this thread

but how can we discourage similar fear mongering
in the future?

A good question. I understand taking the high road. But what about all those members who literally promised the world to the gullible. What of those people? Bans? I think if apologies are given, then a second chance for sure. But some of these suicides happen because of those who promise doom and gloom of Dec 21

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by quietlearner
so ATS is telling us not to do the "I told you so" threads
and it's understandable
given what was already discussed in this thread

but how can we discourage similar fear mongering
in the future?

I don't see how ATS could prevent Doomsday fear mongering here -- it's the nature of this site.

This site is full of Doomsday threads -- and some of the threats are very real.

As an example, the chaos that will ensue if the US Dollar collapses. This is a very real possibility in the not too distant future ( 4 or 5 years from now, maybe sooner).

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

I don't see how ATS could prevent Doomsday fear mongering here -- it's the nature of this site.

This site is full of Doomsday threads -- and some of the threats are very real.

As an example, the chaos that will ensue if the US Dollar collapses. This is a very real possibility in the not too distant future ( 4 or 5 years from now, maybe sooner).

economic collapse is a real thing, it has happened before and it will happen again
doomsday based on delusions of a person is a completely different animal
and it doesn't help if those believing in the delusion think that they are "gifted" for
seeing something others can't and treat you as a fool for not agreeing with them

edit on 21-12-2012 by quietlearner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I wonder whats happening with all those people who gathered in France to be taken to the mothership or whatever that was?? has anyone heard?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I must say what a prolific thread barer you've become as of late and it is a positive. Good thread again.

Merry Christmas BK

edit on 21-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I must say what a prolific thread barer you've become as of late and it is a positive. Good thread again.

Merry Christmas BK

Thanks. But I've also muddied my own points by being kind of an ass. I stand by my points and arguments. But my conduct in presenting them has sucked lately.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Thanks. But I've also muddied my own points by being kind of an ass. I stand by my points and arguments. But my conduct in presenting them has sucked lately

I'm so off topic but I've found the only cure for that is a nice break from these boards. Really the only cure. Then come back refreshed.

On topic

I hope France is spared this kind of contagion.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It's still early but perhaps our fears of suicides and loonies shooting people were incorrect. Perhaps we are guilty of fear the same as those who were awaiting the end of the Mayan calendar. I think we'll know more in the morning, possibly as late as wednesday. Here's hoping that no one took this doomsday too seriously.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I think you are correct. We were thankfully wrong on this one. I think

HEres an update of this French town

Nobody Shows Up in Bugarach besides Journalists

www.i4u.com... ists

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
I think you are correct. We were thankfully wrong on this one. I think

HEres an update of this French town

Nobody Shows Up in Bugarach besides Journalists

www.i4u.com... ists

I couldn't get your link to work. But I found the article online. Lots of articles on 2012 in Bugarach.
Those poor journalists -- they got a paid trip to Bugarach, France.

A related thread, "Strange events concerning Dec 22nd 2012" has been closed. It appears that the OP never posted the much awaited video of his mother ascending.

The strangest event is that so many people (myself included) were attracted to that thread -- 99 pages.

We will never know how his mother reacted to NOT ascending.

I haven't seen any articles on completed 2012 suicides.
edit on 23-12-2012 by AuranVector because: brain fart

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

I know i'm sad she closed my favorite thread of late...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

I know i'm sad she closed my favorite thread of late...

Hi gnostic, jeepers,
I feel the same way. I added you to my friends list along with napple and des, I met you guys there and now I don't know where to go LMAO
Keep in touch.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Yeah, it's been kind of a let down. I secretly was hoping for a little bit more of a commotion. Nothing like Newtown of course
Just was hoping to see the masses gathering for the spaceships to take them away.
In the meantime have a great Holiday Season. Health, Happiness, Peace and Love to All!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

right on.. i added you too.. i know.. i'm lost with no where to go
have a great holiday season all and stay safe out there...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Don'ttreadonme and I have been talking. The only way that thread is opening up, is if ewok signs on and messages him. So smart, move by the mod if you ask me. Here's hoping ewok replies.

But it is the final icing on the cake for 2012.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Hey Apple, thanks for checking with the Mod. Yeah, I am not really all that surprised. I also checked YTube and nothing there. I talked to gnostic earlier, made you guys my friends, since I am relatively new. It has been a lot of fun. May I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year. I expect to head out to Las Vegas sometime in 2013 just for giggles, I love the Grand Canyon been there before. ID

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Don'ttreadonme and I have been talking. The only way that thread is opening up, is if ewok signs on and messages him. So smart, move by the mod if you ask me. Here's hoping ewok replies.

But it is the final icing on the cake for 2012.

then at least if Ewok decides to follow up he still has the chance
good call by the mod

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Doesnt look like hes going to. It was a hoax the whole time. Another lesson for believers without proof out there...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

ya... i'm still gett u2u's from members about it too... what can I say.. he didn't post any video and he didn't come back.. i think it was planned all along but i'm trying to be diplomatic about it.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

ya... i'm still gett u2u's from members about it too... what can I say.. he didn't post any video and he didn't come back.. i think it was planned all along but i'm trying to be diplomatic about it.

I tend to agree with you. I would prefer to believe, Ewok has staged this whole drawn-out event. I'd much rather think that, than he is a really mentally disturbed man who followed through on some twisted thoughts in his own mind, that ended up hurting him and other people.

If it was all planned and staged for his own enjoyment, that is in itself pretty twisted. He'll probably create a new account and come back to play amongst us some more.

I just hope there were no other people in his closed thread, who were hurt by his actions.

Des

edit on 25-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join