It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if nothing happens on Dec 21st, 2012? Possible mass suicides in France?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

When Jesus said, "no man knows the day or hour," he nullified the use of the Bible (or anything else) to "set dates" or predict when end time events will happen. So you can be certain the end of the world is not this month.
edit on 10-12-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nancyliedersdeaddog

I'm so sorry to hear of your Cousin's plight. We never know what is that one bit of erroneous information, that makes a person change their whole viewpoint in life. I hope, someday, he finds closure and a healthier way to live. It must be painful for you, and his Family, to know who he once was.

This is what concerns me now...how many people will be in a similar place. Lost, defeated, no sense of self.

The MSM hasn't helped either. Nor the internet, with all the websites promoting the end of our world, as we know it.

Des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Just because you post it twice (same message in your last post in this thread ) doesn't make it any more true.

Back to the OP I just hope if any ATS member really believes all this and it doesn't happen we don't go into I told you so mode and offer them help instead.
edit on 10-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
reply to post by Destinyone

ok, sorry. my bad. not trying to call you on anything, just pictured you in the smokies or something. definitely my bad. in the deep south of new orleans, here
, so you can see "my particular" picture of south.....and wishing i was somewhere as remote and off the grid possible as the rest of you who are....
edit on 10-12-2012 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

No bad on your part...at all! I've been up here for 15 years now...living in a rural area, with other people who know how to live off the land, has just become a way of life for me. Oh, how I miss New Orleans sometimes. Spent a good part of my Summers as a young Girl there...what a fine, fine place you live. We are both blessed in many ways. Someday, maybe we can trade out a vacation time....

Des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Just because you post it twice (same message in your last post in this thread ) doesn't make it any more true.

Back to the OP I just hope if any ATS member really believes all this and it doesn't happen we don't go into I told you so mode and offer them help instead.
edit on 10-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

I hope the ATS MODS keep the *I Told You So* threads somewhat civil...there will be a plethora of them.

Des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

would love that. U2U me, in light of that, any time. Large house. On parade route, 5 min. from French Quarter, available especially at Mardi Gras. Only for your offer, for others who might jump at that (popular place, obviously at that time, but not for old relics like me over the celebration.) Would love to exchange solitude for that. Thanks, Des.

Oh, and absolutely, blessed. Don't think I do not appreciate this rich, rich city, with all its history and extremes. I certainly do. No other place like it. And some of us could have survived no where else.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I don't know what everyone else is going to be doing but on the night of Thursday the 20th I've got my friend to hold a 'Doomsday Party', just in case the World does end. The dress theme is 'Apocolypse' so anything imaginative like aliens , soldiers, zombies and crazy survivalist Men will be acceptable but everyone's going to probably not bother dressing up for it, there's no point making the effort if the worlds going to end, right? There's only going to be about 10 of us getting drunk and having fun and we all know the world really isn't going to end, but if it does we'll be surrounded by the people we love having a great time
But if the world does decide to end at least some of us will be dressed for the occasion
)) haha.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

Originally posted by onequestion
Its already been happening for a while bro you just don't understand. Don't worry though most people don't either. Let me break it down for you....

As the earth changes position in the solar system so does that of the weather on earth. As the weather on earth changes so does that the mentality of the people.

As the solar system changes position in the galaxy the so does that the weather of the solar system.

As the galaxy changes position in the universe so does that the weather of the galaxy.

You get my drift? It all works together like a machine in perfect harmonious sequence.

We are constantly changing positions, we are constantly evolving(change). What is happening in 2012 has already been happening for a while and will continue to happen for a while longer.

I agree. But, does that mean something will or won't happen. And if it doesn't, why would that mean people commit suicide, en masse. Is that because there is something so horrible no one dares discuss it, and it should change, but does not, justifying the need to no longer live, or, what exactly???? And if it that precise as I described, why does no one dare discuss it, or name this evil that is so pervasive and well known and agreed upon by absolutely everyone, that lack of change, so to speak, would cause suicide, en masse.

Not trying to be a d*ic##head here, just wondering from a perspective of logic.
I don't really understand why nothing happening would cause a mass suicide. Yes, something happening, and leading us, logically to believe there would be a swift degradation of society to anarchy, and following, hunger, starvation, and horrific suffering....then, I can easily see it. Just wondering why nothing happening, would be the instigator, instead.

And @Destinyone, not trying to be argumentative or anything, but I follow your replies as they are often balanced and intellectually stimulating, and I had thought on another thread in the past, you had said you were in a remote, mountainous location, having prepared for "going off grid," in such a scenario. Just wondered, as I am in the South, and we don't have any mountains, here, nor much remoteness.

Well approaching it form a logistical standpoint ( where I like to approach from) My op was based on a couple factors. The links Des provided. And then research into heavens gate. Do you know why they all committed suicide? Because their end date approached and this was how they were going to get on the UFO behind Halle Bopps comet. All because one man, Marshal Applewhite said so. So I fully believe there to be more cooks just like him out there right now planning same things. The suicides will happen when the leaders find out they were wrong. They then instruct their cult that the only way to make their teachings and prophecy to come true is to die and leave their physical body.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article I found...with some pretty scary links in it....

I found this to be the most profound quote from the article....

Nevertheless, the F.B.I. is actively monitoring potential 2012 suicide cults, including some that might try and take a lot people with them. Don't be like me and fail to act in time. What do they call it? Pro-active? Yes, be pro-active.

Article...just one of many currently online....

It's 2012. Do you know where your suicide cult is?

In case you missed it.......

www.rickross.com...

Here is a link to a site run by noted deprogrammer Rick Ross. You may remember him from the mass suicide/murder at the Branch Davidian compound.

www.cultnews.com...

I still remember seeing Marshall Applewhite and his wife (alias "Bo" and "Peep") during an early recruiting mission on the campus of Texas Tech University in 1975. Back then there were so many eccentric characters wandering around Lubbock that no one seemed to pay much attention to the white-robed Applewhites, until word circulated that they were starting a doomsday cult. I and apparently a number of others contacted the authorities but the Applewhites had already vanished. When Marshall resurfaced in the aftermath of the Heaven's Gate event I wondered what I could have done differently to stop him. Probably nothing, but some regret still lingers.

It probably comes as little surprise that 2012 suicide cults are most likely forming. Heck, some people still drink tea made from the hair of the leader of Aum Shinrikyo. Nevertheless, the F.B.I. is actively monitoring potential 2012 suicide cults, including some that might try and take a lot people with them. Don't be like me and fail to act in time. What do they call it? Pro-active? Yes, be pro-active.
www.democraticunderground.com...

Des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Yes, I am familiar with this. And all I can say is, it defies logic, in a way, doesn't it. Meaning, our writing, reasoning and hoping probably, and I stress probably, wouldn't change what would already be in full swing, so to speak.

Don't get me wrong. I am not being critical. Cudos upon you for trying to head such a thing off. But be aware that cults and followings, and the belief structures attendant, do not happen overnight, or even in a fortnight, forgive an old time expression--think it means two weeks, actually.

In other words, you can do your best, but the whole psychology that goes with a cult defies logic, logistics, explanation, in short, anything resembling reasonable. And if you've had experience with true cults and members of them, you will know this. For those related to cult members, it can be horribly emotionally frustrating, painful, and doesn't usually end well. Because cult implies brain-washing, really. And I mean that. It's a totaly take over of any reason, because the belief structure, at the outset is based upon a total fiction, to begin with, that taps into faith, and the suspension of everything reasonable at the preference for what provides emotional appeal, and is usually necessarily linked to assuaging a powerful need not met in any other way, similarly to drugs and alcohol....a need that is met and relieved because the physical and emotional agitation and anxiety of not having it met is unbearable and painful. Like overwhelming guilt, for instance. A necessity for being at peace with tremendous emotional conflict brought about by totally unresolved, huge conflicts within ourselves.

I know this sounds dramatic, but this is what the etiology and pull and passion of a cult is about, and how it gets under one's skin, always with the leadership of a tremendously charismatic figure, promising and providing through said charisma and a social structure underneath them (i.e.other believers, and their social reward to the next convert of acceptance and forgiveness for self perceived or socially perceived lacking). It becomes all consuming and a matter of survival for the one attached. This, in fact, is how the suicide characteristic becomes paramount, I believe. Not, by the particular thematic mechanism--i.e., whatever religious, or end of the world scenario it is based upon. But by the emotional draw i describe above.

And so, this is why, we can reason about end of the world scenarios and dates, etc., and it will have no effect, if such a cult structure is already in place, based around the scenario and/or date. Because those details don't really matter. They are only, tragically, attendant details, attached to the much more powerful spectrum of issues that already engaged the person in the cult.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

All good points. And this may seem self righteous, but if this thread stops one lurker from joining up with one of those cults at the last second. Then it did its job. If des is right and the FBI are monitoring lookouts for suicide cults then they no doubtedly know about and have seen this thread. IF one crazy cult person was found out through this thread ( and of course we wouldnt know about it, but the fbi would) then again, the thread did its job.

A thread is just a thread, and I get it. But emotions and destiny can be a fickle B%^# . Who knows, maybe an ATS'r out there is in a situation where they are aware of a suicide cult trying to recruit them in the final days, and reading some of our posts snaps some sense into them

If anything, this thread taught me one more member on ATS I need to avoid like the plague.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

see this is what I don't get about you "enlightened" folks... you only love yourselves.. you do not care for others and have repeatedly called others who are not like yourself a moron, stupid, ignorant etc... You are exactly who you claim not to be.. the hypocrisy in it all just amazes me at times. I suppose us ignorant people on the planet will be the one's to pick you up and brush you off after you realize your acsention/ planet global realization isn't a happening.. do not worry friend.. I will love you anyways
edit on 10-12-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Umm, agreed. Absolutely.

But,

If anything, this thread taught me one more member on ATS I need to avoid like the plague.

and that would be????
Hopefully, you wouldn't be speaking of moi, would you? and if you are, sorry to respond. Keep my mouth shut next time.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

No no , not you at all. You actually contribute to the thread, even if its to disagree. So no, definitely not you.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
see this is what I don't get about you "enlightened" folks... you only love yourselves.. you do not care for others and have repeatedly called others who are not like yourself a moron, stupid, ignorant etc... You are exactly who you claim not to be.. the hypocrisy in it all just amazes me at times. I suppose us ignorant people on the planet will be the one's to pick you up and brush you off after you realize your acsention/ planet global realization isn't a happening.. do not worry friend.. I will love you anyways
edit on 10-12-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

Yes I agree
the hypocrisy runs rampant
it's the same with Christians saying atheists don't have morals
just because they are incapable of morality without a book doesn't mean
everyone else is incapable as well
ask any Christian if they think humans are naturally evil or naturally good
they will say naturally evil, that without the bible they will turn evil

yesterday and today I kept seeing 4:44 In the clock
I googled 4:44 and its a movie titled "Last day on earth"
but you don't see me making a big deal out of it
because I don't assume that I'm somehow special

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by tetra50

No no , not you at all. You actually contribute to the thread, even if its to disagree. So no, definitely not you.

Just to say, I don't disagree with what you all are doing here, at all. Anything that may stop what you speak of and outline is well worth it, don't misunderstand me, please. I am all for helping stop loss of life, for little, no or whatever reason that doesn't warrant. My posts are only meant to expound and expand upon my own life experience with cults and their attendant issues, and the scope of what can be hoped to be achieved.

In my first post, I meant, specifically, to point out that, regardless of your reasoning, or lack thereof, and/or beliefs about 2012 and end of the world, apocalyptic scenarios, surely, the lack of change and happening, should be the least thing which would bring about catastrophe, versus what is proposed to happen, which I can understand a panic surrounding....

Appreciate the thread, research and everyone's participation and concerns, notwithstanding.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by quietlearner

i don't usually make broad generalized terms to a group of people.. I was stating what NAM had on previous post said.. I don't think every enightened person is a hypocrite by anymeans but then again I don't think some are as enlightened as they like to believe.. the same can be said for any group of people, christian, muslim, jewish, buddhist because we are just humans with human faults and qualities.. nor do I by any means think all christians think in one particular way. have a good evening i'm off to watch "the voice"

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It's not just France..it's a global issue. As many of you already know, Russia has spun out of control on the 12/21/12 doomsday scenarios.....

Russia acts as countdown to doomsday prophecy sparks unrest

The Sun has had a close encounter with a mysterious mountain which doom"mongers believe is their only hope when the world ends in 18 days time
Associated Press/December 4, 2012

Moscow - There are reports of unusual behaviour from across Russia's nine time zones.

Inmates in a women's prison near the Chinese border are said to have experienced a "collective mass psychosis" so intense that their wardens summoned a priest to calm them. In a factory town east of Moscow, panicked citizens stripped shelves of matches, kerosene, sugar and candles. A huge Mayan-style archway is being built - out of ice - on Karl Marx Street in Chelyabinsk in the south.

For those not schooled in New Age prophecy, there are rumours the world will end on December 21, 2012, when a 5125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to a close. Russia, a nation with a penchant for mystical thinking, has taken notice.

Last week, Russia's government decided to put an end to the doomsday talk. Its minister of emergency situations said on Friday that he had access to "methods of monitoring what is occurring on the planet Earth," and that he could say with confidence that the world was not going to end in December. He acknowledged, however, that Russians were still vulnerable to "blizzards, ice storms, tornadoes, floods, trouble with transportation and food supply, breakdowns in heat, electricity and water supply."

"You cannot endlessly speak about the end of the world, and I say this as a doctor," said Leonid Ogul, a member of Parliament's environment committee. "Everyone has a different nervous system, and this kind of information affects them differently. Information acts subconsciously. Some people are provoked to laughter, some to heart attacks, and some - to some negative actions."

Russia is not the only country to face this problem. In France, the authorities plan to bar access to Bugarach mountain in the south to keep out a flood of visitors who believe it is a sacred place that will protect a lucky few from the end of the world. The patriarch of Ukraine's Orthodox Church recently issued a statement assuring the faithful that "doomsday is sure to come," but that it will be provoked by the moral decline of mankind."

In Yucatan state in Mexico, which has a large Mayan population, most place little stock in end-of-days talk. Officials are planning a Mayan cultural festival on December 21 and, to show that all will be well after that, a follow-up in 2013.

Last week, lawmakers took up the matter, addressing a letter to Russia's main television stations asking them to stop airing material about the prophecy. www.rickross.com...

Des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yea I read that a little while ago. Which I could rename the thread and edit the op. But I think everyone gets the point by now.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

To be honest I still don't buy into the enlightened notion.
maybe when I see an "enlightened" person solve the energy crisis and cure cancer
then I will be a believer
I believe some people have a better understanding of the universe but I think it's something that can't
be classified into "enlightened" and "non-enlightened"
that is why whenever I see someone claiming they are enlightened my BS meter goes up

you watch the voice? I do too
I hope Nicholas wins

edit on 10-12-2012 by quietlearner because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join