It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien Failures...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I just finished the video in the OP, very good stuff.

But something struck me as odd when they got to the excavated trench portion.

They showed the exposed blocks in what I assume was the original placement, with the keystone cuts.

Why wasn't there metal in those cuts?

I've seen lots of these cuts but no metal in them.

Are these sites so old, that the metals have oxidized away?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I like the idea of giants as there is evidence in many writings from history. Aliens built this or that is a cop out in my book.....

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Just like today, precious metals are looted.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

And thats just it......if it was such an open and closed case why is there still a debate, how come we have'nt been able to duplicate these theories on how to move these type of stones...sure it looks good on paper, but no one has been succsessful proving these methods even on a small scale....dont get me wrong im not saying humans did'nt do it, Im just saying they were able to because something made it easy for them to do it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Only watched part of the video(between slow internet and the commercials, I find it hard going at the moment lol) and I've only read up through page three of the thread but I'd like to bring forth an idea I've had about how those larger polygonal stones were carved. Sorry, if the point has already been brought up. Anyway...

Why does everyone who studies them(such as Childress) assume that they repeatedly stood the stones up and removed them as they chiseled them down to fit together. Wouldn't it achieve the same end with far less effort to have the stones laying on their backsides, use fracturing techniques to split far larger pieces into smaller ones and then carve these smaller stones into their jigsaw patterns(based on the natural fracture lines) before they even left the quarry? Plus, wouldn't fracturing mean that the stones have already been split at their weakest points leaving the remaining pieces naturally hardier than they would otherwise? For any civilization much more connected to and in harmony with nature, this would seem like the kind of building techniques that would develop if they preferred working in stone and in an area prone to major earthquakes.

**edit**I mean, you wouldn't try to put together a jigsaw puzzle by standing it on end, would you? If you wanted to stand it up, you'd first put it together on a flat, horizontal surface then mount it on a whole piece of something(card or poster board for instance).

**edit-edit**Actually, now that I think of it, they don't necessarily have to be smaller pieces of a bigger stone. It could just as easily be that they just happened to carve out various stones using the same general techinique(lay them flat and carve them to fit then set them into place). The only way to be sure either way would be to physically examine adjoining stones and see if they have matching strata, make-up, etcetera.
edit on 12/14/2012 by Mad Simian because: additional thoughts and conjecture

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I disagree with the ancient alien theory. It wasn't ancient aliens.

Instead I take the Biblical perspective of Noah's flood which occured roughly 4500 years ago. From this creationists know that the global flood formed all the sedimentary layers of rock on the earth. All the cyclopean structures were built on top of sedimentary layers and even using rock from these layers. So it must follow they were built after the great deluge.

I'm just giving the Biblical reason when they were built and who built them, obviously not how though. I'm pretty sure they were all built under the leadership of King Nimrod, who was in essence the world leader at that time. These other cyclopean structures were built before God confused the languages and men spread out to form the many different nations.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad Simian

All interesting questions and great observations.
I guess it depends on where exactly you're at in watching the video. He and Chris go into much more detail as they continue their exploration later in the video and raise even more questions.

Also, watching the video in it's reduced size here embedded in the first page eliminates the commercials and lowers the loading time. But if you choose to watch it full sized on youtube the commercials are unavoidable FYI>

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

But if you choose to watch it full sized on youtube the commercials are unavoidable FYI>

Not if I have a youtube video ripper.
Granted, I still have to wait awhile for it to download but then I have my own personal copy of the show that I can burn a hard copy of and watch anytime.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TC Mike

To be honest I'm not sure how literal one should take whats written in the bible in reference to certain historical events and stories. I wonder how much had been mistranslated, exaggerated and plain out recorded or remembered through countless retelling by word of mouth down through the generations before it was finally put to paper was wrong or off as far as dates, numbers and timelines etc etc etc?

edit on 14-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by TC Mike
To be honest I'm not sure how literal one should take whats written in the bible in reference to certain historical events and stories.

All descriptions of past events, religious or non-religious, are always dependent on who wrote the history. However interpreting biblical texts as how Adam and Eve got evicted from Paradise or tale about Noah's Arc as an accurate historical description is to miss the entire point of what they are about.

For the topic itself: slaying the ancient alien hypothesis is flogging a dead horse.

Even such popular TV programs as what History Channel broadcasts (between the shows about Hitlers secret underwater UFO's) are not worth debunking. Doing so would be like a fight of a sock puppets - maybe good for some chuckles but in the end not worth spending too much time on.

The History Channel's Ancient Aliens experts are consisting of such as Von Daniken or some random guy who wrote yet another book about flying saucers with cooky title. And they are there as "experts" only because no-one else with better credentials is willing to participate to such charade.

But then again - in the end purpose of the ancient aliens theorists or their books and TV shows are not about history or how it happened.

For example Von Daniken would have never sold tens of millions books with his mediocre sci-fi writing skills if he had promoted his works as fiction.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I don't buy the alien element to ancient civilizations, but i do buy the theory of a far more advance global civilization then our own that once lived on this planet, and something terrible happen, leaving the planet to start over again, and little pieces of that very ancient great global civilizations are still left scattered across the planet.

If a apocalypse happen today and wiped out civilization as we know it, and only a handful of us on different parts of the planet manage to survive this apocalypse, like lets say all of us in this thread, we would become gods and we would try and pass down the knowledge we know and the skills we know and try and teach what we learn in the world we lived in before it was wiped out, but as generations pass, this knowledge would slowly be lost and eroded in a post apocalyptic world, explaining the further we go back in time the more advanced they were.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
I don't buy the alien element to ancient civilizations, but i do buy the theory of a far more advance global civilization then our own that once lived on this planet, and something terrible happen, leaving the planet to start over again, and little pieces of that very ancient great global civilizations are still left scattered across the planet.

If a apocalypse happen today and wiped out civilization as we know it, and only a handful of us on different parts of the planet manage to survive this apocalypse, like lets say all of us in this thread, we would become gods and we would try and pass down the knowledge we know and the skills we know and try and teach what we learn in the world we lived in before it was wiped out, but as generations pass, this knowledge would slowly be lost and eroded in a post apocalyptic world, explaining the further we go back in time the more advanced they were.

While it's fun to think about, it fails the logic test. If something happened today our civilization would not go back to a hunter-gatherer society using wooden spears, with no knowledge of basic ideas such as the wheel and zero.

There is also zero evidence of any advanced civilization. There would be some signs that would not be wiped away (such as satellites and or debris in space), and other signs we would have found through happenstancewhile excavating.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I could go either way on this subject, but I do have a small question that I'm curious about.
You said in your opening post that the Egyptian obelisk was a failure and that the ba'albek stone
was abandoned. It got me to thinking---are aliens so vastly superior that they are incapable of making errors?
I know they are super advanced in technology, but are they infallible--or some would say perfect?

If we are considering ancient aliens/Anunnaki, look how many times Enki failed before he created man.

edit on 17-12-2012 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
I could go either way on this subject, but I do have a small question that I'm curious about.
You said in your opening post that the Egyptian obelisk was a failure and that the ba'albek stone
was abandoned. It got me to thinking---are aliens so vastly superior that they are incapable of making errors?
I know they are super advanced in technology, but are they infallible--or some would say perfect?

Great question and Yes, I thought about it. I've read some skeptics argue that if Aliens do exist that they are infallible by our standards and that the whole Roswell scenario for example is a joke. "How could a race travel billions of miles through interstellar space just to crash in some obscure desert here on Earth"

I'd argue back that no matter how advanced they may be they are not perfect. As I've stated earlier and elsewhere I could and have argued both sides pro and con on the Alien question.

This thread on those two locations was an example of Con.

If we are considering ancient aliens/Anunnaki, look how many times Enki failed before he created man

One has to first believe in what Sitchin supposedly translated as truth then proceed from there.
I'm not even on the fence on that one.

I don't.
edit on 17-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

There is also zero evidence of any advanced civilization. There would be some signs that would not be wiped away (such as satellites and or debris in space), and other signs we would have found through happenstancewhile excavating.

Oh but we have found loads evidence for this theory, if you don't already know, look into a man called Klaus Dona.

In June, 1851, Scientific American reprinted a report about a metallic vase that as blasted out of solid rock when workmen were excavating on Meeting House Hill in Dorchester, MA, in 1851.

The bell-shaped vase measured 4-1/2 inches high and 6-1/2 inches at the base, and was composed of a zinc and silver alloy. On the sides were figures of flowers in bouquet arrangements, inlaid with pure silver.

The estimated age of the rock out of which it came: 100,000 years. After over 150 years of investigation, the artifact remains unidentified.
Originally presented to Harvard University, it has been passed along to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, who cooperated with M.I.T. in an attempt to determine its place and period of origin.

Sulphur Springs, Arkansas Nov. 27, 1948
While I was working in the Municipal Electric Plant in Thomas, Okla in 1912, I came upon a solid chunk of coal which was too large to use. I broke it with a sledge hammer.

This iron pot fell from the center, leaving the impression, or mould of the pot in a piece of the coal. Jim Stull (an employee of the company) witnessed the breaking of the coal, and saw the pot fall out.

I traced the source of the coal, and found that it came from the Wilburton, Oklahoma Mines.
signed: Frank J. Kennard Sworn to before me, in Sulphru [sic] Springs, Arkansas, this 27th day of November, 1948. Jullia L. Eldred N.P.
My commission expires May 21, 1951 - Benton Co.

I could go on and on with out of place artifacts, so like i say, there is evidence of objects and masonry skills we can not even fathom, but as they don't fit into main stream ideology of our past, they are ignored

This is a great video of new artifacts found in south america, and backs up my theory of a more advance civilization then our present one, infact i think this planet has be populated many times and wiped out over the ages, and each time the planet starts over and a new species/type of human dominates, which could explain lloyd pye and his theory of the missing link, and different skulls and DNA from different periods in time that have been discovered and unexplained...I hope that makes sense.lol

Anyway, i know I've gone a bit off topic, but i had to try and back up my theory.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

One of my hobbies is auto racing.

My participation falls into the grassroots class, but I still follow the big F-1 teams.

Before a race these teams conduct non destructive testing on each and every part that goes into one of their cars, x rays, die testing for cracks, etc... Some teams spend over 1 million dollars per race.

And the cars still break down.

I don't think a few UFO crashes means they aren't advanced, just that the laws of chance apply to everyone.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

One of my hobbies is auto racing.

My participation falls into the grassroots class, but I still follow the big F-1 teams.

Before a race these teams conduct non destructive testing on each and every part that goes into one of their cars, x rays, die testing for cracks, etc... Some teams spend over 1 million dollars per race.

And the cars still break down.

I don't think a few UFO crashes means they aren't advanced, just that the laws of chance apply to everyone.

Ditto to that,
I'm a moto racer, desert, rally, emduros and trials, and no matter how well you are prepared, s happens.
In 2006 Honda spent $125 million to win the MOTOGP championship. I saw a thing this year where a cockpit capsule was crash tested with a driver inside ,for the first time. I think the driver was jarno trulli. Cockpits have never been crash tested before because crash test dummies can't be contorted into the driving position of an F1 driver.
With respect to UFO crashes, I have a couple of ideas as to why there seems to be an apparent decrease in UFO crashes over time.
My thought is the first craft that got here were essentially primative, analogous to an early moon probe in the 60's. Also the first craft to arrive may not have been perfectly engineered for our environment, ie gravity and atmosphere composition and density.
When we first go to another planet we will have to make assumptions of what we will find and engineer the craft accordingly. If you miss the mark on some intangible physical property, such as atmospheric density or
the strength of gravity, or atmospheric conditions such as wind speed , the vehicle will likely crash.
The other notion I had is that the typical ET, such as the greys, are engineered life forms with only limited intellect, and are not really suited to autonomous decisions. If the stories are to be believed, then this idea isby the reinforced by the fact that the small greys have no digestive tract or reproductive organs.
As to the seeming decrease in crashes through time, I think that the first craft here used very primative propulsion systems, and took a very very long time to get here. During the long transit the home society advanced greatly. The newer generation craft arrived only a few years after the initial expeditions, even though they left generations or millenia after the first ones.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
there are so many inconsistencies on that show! I would love to believe the Ancient Aliens Theory. But I wont buy anything on that show until the history channel decides to find better people to give their insight, folks smarter than Tsoupanlois, or however one spells his name. Most of the goofs on that show are trying to sell books, not educate. It's very ignorant to assume that people in the past were not smart enough to build temples, pyramids, move heavy loads, etc.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Howdy Slayer

Finally got back here, another one that the
'Aliens' went oops on, 16,000 tons, never moved

See you guys next year
edit on 23/12/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am not so open minded when it comes to ancient aliens being here on earth because if they had why would their be war,disease, and famine that still around today.

That's not to say there is not intelligent life out there, but pretty arrogant to think they would come here people have long thought themselves as the center of the universe seems some have not learned from history.

I note myself your own contradiction, why would they have any obligation to help us in any way, any alien intelligence that may be at work here clearly has not our best interests in mind. From a simple economic standpoint it wouldn't make any sense even if they came from our own solar system (in that case just the contrary, the faster we devolve or get extinct the better for them), if they are from far away their technological and possible history with similar first contact situations would make acting in our behalf a losing proposition. If they are here in any form it is to serve their own agenda.

You should go by your example and remove humanity as a central variable in the problem and even as you state learn from our own history that strangers bearing gifts are not only rare but when that happens we should distrust them.

Look how people and even nations behave amongst themselves and understand that the more complex the system and removed from the individual the less morality has any bearing on their actions...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join