It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for all of you December 21st preppers...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have always prepped; was raised that way since I had parents who grew in the depression era. If nothing happens, I will continue using and restoring my preps, as they have served me well in the past. I must say that I don't even think it possible that nothing will happen, although I doubt it will be the end.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If nothing happens they will continue to prep.

The whole concept of prepping is a mental illness. I've seen the show and these people are borderline certifiable. They subject their poor families to ludicrous drills and things which do nothing but seperate them from reality. One guy actually had a normal son who didn't want to collect water, but ride his bike.

This phenomenon of prepping is actually going to cause one of these whackos to instigate something awful just so that they can put their underground shipping container to use. See, without the event, they are just whackos. In an attempt to save face and seem heroic, one of these dudes may blow up a dirty bomb.

Prepping is not what someone does. Prepping is what these guys ARE.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope

The world is fine. It's the people that have the problem. It's us; We are the problem.

No its a select group of people that control the world we are not the problem the elite are the problem as they are the ones responsible for how this world runs they control the flow of money and the education system they control religion and they create circumstances in your lives that just do not need to be there.

Take illness we quite simply have absolutely no reason for this word to exist on our planet but it does so the scum can control you and keep you in fear which is what economics and news programmes are for. Television is to make you more violent and create narcissism all the while the rich keep you as slaves.

but who gives a damn hey most have been so brainwashed they can only think of themselves and not understand we are all the same.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests
I think, however, for at least a good portion of these types of people, and not all by any means, that the december 2012 idea at least really sparked something in them, game them that push to prepare, and perhaps, is the number one reason that they prepare.

But no one will admit it. It's a taboo topic for prepper types.

The other possibility is that it is a Straw Man argument you made up, and now you can't accept the fact that people are telling you that's not true. Instead, you claim they are lying about it. In any scientific test you have to be able to accept the null hypothesis, but you won't do it because your mind is made up that December 21st is a driving factor. Not-Good-Science, my friend.

RE: The idea that "Y2K is lame" (from another poster.)

Not true at all. That was much more of a real threat than 12/21/2012. I worked on the issue. Millions of hours were put in by people like me to ensure nothing happened. That single event was probably responsible for more computer upgrades than any other reason in history.

In the early days of computing: the 50's, 60's, 70's, and even the 80's computer memory was EXTREMELY valuable. You guys running around with multi-gig hard drives and a few gigs of RAM have no idea. As late as the early 80's a 300 megabyte hard drive cost $45,000. Mine is 500 gigs, over 1600 times bigger, and cost, what? $100? That's like $66 MILLION in 1980 terms,

Every byte was valuable territory so if you could store the date with two digits instead of four, you did it. If you didn't, you'd get fired for being wasteful. To store the number "19" in a date was considered superfulous because nobody thought their computer programs would still be running in the year 2000. And everyone set up the entire computing infrastructure to accommodate the 2-digit year.

I myself had written an accounting program that was affected. In my case, it was a simple fix in the code I just worked around, bit the point is I had to discover it and touch it to fix it, and that's what thousands of people did all over the world.

So, no, Y2K was VERY real, and the issue was not "lame" at all. It's only from today's myopic perspective. where we wallow in free memory and can't conceive of a time when it actually cost real money, that anyone would suggest such. That was a real disaster diverted by the nerds of the world.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
The whole concept of prepping is a mental illness. I've seen the show and these people are borderline certifiable. They subject their poor families to ludicrous drills and things which do nothing but seperate them from reality. One guy actually had a normal son who didn't want to collect water, but ride his bike.

This phenomenon of prepping is actually going to cause one of these whackos to instigate something awful just so that they can put their underground shipping container to use.

A completely extremist viewpoint. I know no one who does "drills." I know no one who has an underground shipping container. I know no one who sends his kids out to collect water.

I do know a number of people who are blissfully ignorant of where their toilet paper comes from. They think meat comes in cellophane packages and that electricity kind of magically appears at their houses along with a bill. They turn on their faucet and just expect the water to flow because it always has and when they visit the grocery store or the pharmacy they expect whatever they need will simply be there on the shelves. To find a bare shelf in the grocery makes these people angry that the grocer has not "done his duty" to ensure a full stock. City dwellers. Complacent fools who believe whatever they have experienced will always be there because it always has.

These people are grasshoppers making fun of the ants. And when Winter comes who will arrive at the door begging for food? The arrogant fools who claimed anyone who puts back some canned goods is mentally ill.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join