Do Freemasons worship demons!? I used to think not. Then I read this.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

I take it you are either unable to follow what I am saying, or you are trying not to.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I applaud your efforts. Your efforts to dodge what I am getting at.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I did not claim that the Church borrowed anything from Paganism.

More goalpost shifting. You claimed the exact opposite:

I see no pagan influence on Christianity.

something about blind men and pits....
edit on 20-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

Shiny car right?

Stop trying to gaslight me. Shocker, rif-raff like myself knows what that is.

eta: no stars for this? dangit I better start calling my friends and have them sign up for ATS. Then I can be "intellectually dishonest and incendiary" while maintaining a false sense of truth in my posts.

This is why I do not play the stupid quote game. When I catch you in your BS you just don't respond and try to gaslight, while having your friends star your post so your ego feels better.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

reply to post by AngryCymraeg

If you had read the thread you would understand the shiny car reference. If you were Christian you would understand the blind men and pits reference.

Good grief, studying for an O-Level in Scripture, followed by studying for Confirmation, turned me into an atheist.

Ahh another one of these. Too bad you didn't pay attention... if your even telling the truth. It is a basic and critical piece of scripture. If a blind man leads another blind man into a pit they both fall in. This applies so well to this discussion. The Word of God truly does prove itself everywhere you go.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Forgive me if I don't believe anything you say anymore. I have been upfront about everything, and you were well aware that I do not study those things you mentioned before you made sly comments such as in this post.

Forgive me if I do not think you are genuinely humble as you claim to be.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

"Well you see, in english we used to say y was j and blah blah". Sounds like BS I want audio.

The sources were provided. You need to counter them with your own that support your claim that the Hebrews in the time of Jesus used the letter 'J' and would have pronounced his name 'Jesus' instead of the names I provided.

Your sources are BS, as in not credible, and past that your story is BS. PROVE that they did not pronounce Jesus Jesus. With audio of a Hebrew speaker from a reputable institution. Put up or shut up is what I am saying here.

AM, is there a Jewish word for troll (or something analogous)?

Just wondering

TIA
Fitz

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

If you had read the thread you would understand the shiny car reference. If you were Christian you would understand the blind men and pits reference.

Good grief, studying for an O-Level in Scripture, followed by studying for Confirmation, turned me into an atheist.

Ahh another one of these. Too bad you didn't pay attention... if your even telling the truth. It is a basic and critical piece of scripture. If a blind man leads another blind man into a pit they both fall in. This applies so well to this discussion. The Word of God truly does prove itself everywhere you go.

Ah, another one of those? And you accuse me of possibly being a liar... interesting. Coupled with your earlier defensiveness and your inability to address earlier challenges, that's very interesting.
I'll overlook your rudeness and simply say that my statement is 100% true. I had doubts from an early age but the more that I studied and the more that I was taught the larger those doubts became. When I went to college to read History (you know, those pesky things called facts) then the doubts became too great to ignore and I walked away from my religion. I've never regretted that choice. It's given me an intellectual freedom that I love and has also meant that I can point at and s'n-word' at a very, very large number of hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I take it you are either unable to follow what I am saying, or you are trying not to.

If what you meant was tl;dr, man-up and say so. 'Parrently, ATS has software that'll help

HTH
Fitz

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Both you and AM have displayed a complete lack of understanding of Christianity. You both claim to have been Catholics who partook in the Sacraments.

You couldn't even understand the reference to blind men and pits. How do you expect to not fall in? Do you think there are no blind men in the Church? Do you think there are no blind Bishops? How about the ones you listen to? Or have you drawn all of your own conclusions?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

What I mean is you are either A. Incapable of understanding what I am saying or B. Intentionally misconstruing what I say in your own mind before you even post, due to false pretenses that originate...guess where...your own mind.

You threw logic out the window, if you would like to continue you could try again I guess. If you feel you did not throw logic out the window, IDK what to tell you maybe you should read over it again. If you still feel this way, there is a good chance our brains are literally different to an extent that intelligent discussion is impossible and any attempts will result in you mocking me and me continuing to waste my time.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Both you and AM have displayed a complete lack of understanding of Christianity. You both claim to have been Catholics who partook in the Sacraments.

You couldn't even understand the reference to blind men and pits. How do you expect to not fall in? Do you think there are no blind men in the Church? Do you think there are no blind Bishops? How about the ones you listen to? Or have you drawn all of your own conclusions?

Actually, I never said anything of the sort. I was brought up as a member of the Church of England. And I look forward to the day when everyone takes off the blinkers of religion and sees the world without doctinal hatred.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

"Well you see, in english we used to say y was j and blah blah". Sounds like BS I want audio.

The sources were provided. You need to counter them with your own that support your claim that the Hebrews in the time of Jesus used the letter 'J' and would have pronounced his name 'Jesus' instead of the names I provided.

Your sources are BS, as in not credible, and past that your story is BS. PROVE that they did not pronounce Jesus Jesus. With audio of a Hebrew speaker from a reputable institution. Put up or shut up is what I am saying here.

AM, is there a Jewish word for troll (or something analogous)?

Just wondering

TIA
Fitz

What is the name of our Lord? His exact name, specifically, in all languages? Or do you believe they called him Joshua or Yeshua?

If it were true, the evidence I require would be all over the internet.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

So you did NOT make that claim? You never partook in the Sacraments while studying for confirmation?

Yes, we should all worship ourselves and our possessions. The Word of God would not work if we actually applied it oh no never that. If we all actually tried to live by the Word it would not work.

hey fitz this is perfectly in line with our discussion of false Christians, or at the very least extremely lukewarm Christians.

Never in history has man tried to actually follow the Word. If you require proof you are intentionally deceiving yourself.

Wait define doctrinal hatred? Homosexuals and pro-abortionists always say that. If you are proud to be in either of those categories I doubt anything will change your mind. We do hate sin yes.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

So you did NOT make that claim? You never partook in the Sacraments while studying for confirmation?

Yes, we should all worship ourselves and our possessions. The Word of God would not work if we actually applied it oh no never that. If we all actually tried to live by the Word it would not work.

hey fitz this is perfectly in line with our discussion of false Christians, or at the very least extremely lukewarm Christians.

Never in history has man tried to actually follow the Word. If you require proof you are intentionally deceiving yourself.

Wait define doctrinal hatred? Homosexuals and pro-abortionists always say that. If you are proud to be in either of those categories I doubt anything will change your mind. We do hate sin yes.

I never claimed to be Catholic. I used to be an Anglican. Is that clear enough? By the way I mentioned that I had a wife earlier on, so you obviously haven't been reading this thread properly. Pay attention. However, I do support abortion, for the simple reason that speaking as a man I don't think I should have much of a say over when women want to do with their bodies. You would probably classify that as 'Sin'. Go ahead, I couldn't care less. I also eat meat on Fridays and I want to be able to shop normally on a Sunday.
When I said doctrinal hatred I meant the kind of mindless doctinal bullpoop that led to umpteen pogroms all over Europe, to the 30 Years War, to the hideous stupidity of the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes, to the mindless idiocy of what's been happening in Northern Ireland for the past 90 years. Surely we have passed the point where we need to resort of violence to force the "correct" religion on our neighbours?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Oh okay Anglican Christian...Catholic....w/e you studied the Gospel and partook in Sacraments right? So where is your knowledge of the most basic concepts in the Gospel? Why even bother pretending to have ever been Christian?

Yes abortion is a sin in the US the casualties number almost 50 million. I can't stand abortion, but those who get them I feel sorry for. They don't know the hell they are in for, and I am talking about in this life.

So where is your doctrinal hate? Around 50 million dead babies and we are guilty of hate because we speak against this blatant atrocity?

Tell me, which part of doctrine ever teaches one to hate?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Fellas Fellas Fellas:

Okay, you guys need to settle-down on the arguing.

You're both RIGHT.

So shake hands and KNOW.

Your god is blue and the other guy's god is red, in reality God is a rainbow of colors in the spectrum.

You'll have to see A color to be able to realize that a "spectrum" is combined of ALL COLORS, not just one.

It doesn't matter which path you walk, as long as you get to the end of the road and one of you didn't get lost. If you do, find him and don't leave him behind. Don't judge HOW the other guy walks, people are marvelous in their diversity and we can appreciate that fact, right?

If your or our Heavenly Father has a mansion in the sky, would you think there would be just one door to enter? Or would there be as many doors as there are people? Personally, I'd think a loving and caring Father would provide as many doors as possible as needed for ALL His children to come home.

While some sit and argue which one to step through at the gate and never enter in.

You're both right because you see the path to where you are going and you're both wrong in that you're squabbling over things which don't really matter. Stop arguing over pebbles on the road and keep your eye on the destination.

Blessings,

Trek

THOU SHALT NOT JUDGE - You should never judge another

Judging their actions is not the same as judging them; and there's a difference. One judgement is toward the end result of an action taken or critique. While the other goes further and judges the other person entirely, not just their action but them as an individual person and if you carry that to the logical end, individual persons become groups and groups become nations. There's why the danger exists in judging others.

i hope I have explained why so you'll know the difference.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Oh okay Anglican Christian...Catholic....w/e you studied the Gospel and partook in Sacraments right? So where is your knowledge of the most basic concepts in the Gospel? Why even bother pretending to have ever been Christian?

Yes abortion is a sin in the US the casualties number almost 50 million. I can't stand abortion, but those who get them I feel sorry for. They don't know the hell they are in for, and I am talking about in this life.

So where is your doctrinal hate? Around 50 million dead babies and we are guilty of hate because we speak against this blatant atrocity?

I threw my religion into the rubbish bin long ago. I studied for my Confirmation and the more I studied the less it made sense because there was a massive lack of proof that any of it ever happened. And don't wave your bible in the air and say "it's in here" because again that dog won't hunt. The bible's been pruned enough over the years so it's not exactly a primary source.
By the way my sister, a sweet and intelligent younger woman, has had an abortion. Are you telling me that she's going to go to hell therefore? Even though she has saved the lives of a number of people?
By the way, I mentioned a wide range of historical events that I classified under doctinal hatred. I note, with interest, that you didn't answer that part of my post. I find that... interesting...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

I disagree with everything you said except the last part.

Very nice description of the passage on judging a person. It does extend to even more than that!! Very dangerous.

It does apply in a few other ways, such as judging a persons soul. IE telling them they are bound for hell because of their actions in life.

We are to help, not to judge.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I threw my religion into the rubbish bin long ago. I studied for my Confirmation and the more I studied the less it made sense because there was a massive lack of proof that any of it ever happened. And don't wave your bible in the air and say "it's in here" because again that dog won't hunt. The bible's been pruned enough over the years so it's not exactly a primary source.
By the way my sister, a sweet and intelligent younger woman, has had an abortion. Are you telling me that she's going to go to hell therefore? Even though she has saved the lives of a number of people?
By the way, I mentioned a wide range of historical events that I classified under doctinal hatred. I note, with interest, that you didn't answer that part of my post. I find that... interesting...

I am aware that people have taken things out of context to start conflict. you should have payed attention to the very beginning of the Gospel, the Temptation of Christ. I am asking you to point out a specific piece of Dogma that promotes hate.

I find it interesting that I answered you and you pretended I did not.

Past that, blessed is he who sees without believing. Some have received their proof and some have not. The reasons for this are not completely understood by us, but we do know that testing God is a terrible plan. If you have done this, I am not surprised you did not get a response. If you just plain old disagree with the Word, once again...not surprised you did not get a response.

eta I can not judge her soul, and she is likely not beyond salvation but that is not for me to decide.

Also, sorry it was earlier in the thread that I answered this, actually a couple of times. It was not in response to you though, my apologies.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I am aware that people have taken things out of context to start conflict. you should have payed attention to the very beginning of the Gospel, the Temptation of Christ. I am asking you to point out a specific piece of Dogma that promotes hate.

I find it interesting that I answered you and you pretended I did not.

Past that, blessed is he who sees without believing. Some have received their proof and some have not. The reasons for this are not completely understood by us, but we do know that testing God is a terrible plan. If you have done this, I am not surprised you did not get a response. If you just plain old disagree with the Word, once again...not surprised you did not get a response.

You answered nothing, but then I didn't think that you would. Your tactics on this thread are now very obvious.
Right then, back to this increasingly worthless thread. The dogma is meaningless because it's been twisted so many times by some many people in order to justify the most mindless atrocities. Hence the list I mentioned, which you're now blaming on some silly people taking it out of context. Here's an idea - let's abandon it altogether, admit that we've entered the 21st Century and move on. Hopefully it'll lead to less mindless bloodshed.
You mention 'testing god'. Why should I ask for a response from a myth?

new topics
top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join