It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do antidepressants hinder OOBE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I am working HARD on my abilitys at OOBE (out of body experiance)...and wonder about folks who take antidepressants.......would taking this kind of medication hinder a souls ability to diconnect from the body? I am being told I am depressed, and being told I should go on a medication. Will this hurt my OOBE abilitys?

Please give me your opinions on this...........

[edit on 23-10-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I cant really say since Im not sure if I believe in a soul or OBEs...but why would medication hinder something like a soul? We cant detect souls, so why would it respond to medication? Souls arent biological. And if it does effect your ability to have an OBE, then what does that tell about them? That they are mystical, or purely all in your brain?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
all the bad press i have heard about anti-deps really freaks me out - from my own experience i urge you to research anything a doctor offers you and as far as inhibiting your OOBE's id say that they probably would as they interfere with the brains thinking patterns - i know that these prescribed drugs work 4 a lot of people but for many they turn out to be a bloody nightmare!

Take "prozac" for example - the "sunshine" drug for lots of deppressed people but also a loaded gun for some!

Youll feel loads better about yourself if you really research what the doc has to offer you - them doctors are sometimes not as caring as they would like you to think

Hope this helps mate

join