Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Evolution deniers are an insult to the deity they worship

page: 7
4
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
Do people have more faith in GOD himself or in a compilation book of ancient stories written by MAN, translated many times over by MAN and claimed by MAN to be the word of god. I thought it was supposed to be about a spiritual connection to god and being a morally responsible person, not literal story interpretations.


Then there is no reason to believe the Gospels are true, and if you question the truth of the Gospels, how in the world can you be a Christian? You can't.




posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CudiTheKid

Originally posted by Barcs
Do people have more faith in GOD himself or in a compilation book of ancient stories written by MAN, translated many times over by MAN and claimed by MAN to be the word of god. I thought it was supposed to be about a spiritual connection to god and being a morally responsible person, not literal story interpretations.


Then there is no reason to believe the Gospels are true, and if you question the truth of the Gospels, how in the world can you be a Christian? You can't.


The books were written by different people at different times. It's not unreasonable to question one story while believing in another. You don't have to take the entire bible as 100% true or 100% false. It's a compilation of dozens of stories written by dozens of authors that handpicked by a council and made into a book. Most Christians accept evolution and realize that it's all about GOD, not a storybook. It's supposed to be about living and acting the way Jesus did.
edit on 12-12-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

The books were written by different people at different times. It's not unreasonable to question one story and believing in another. You don't have to take the entire bible as 100% true or 100% false. It's a compilation of dozens of stories written by dozens of authors.


That is totally illogical. Jesus said the Bible was the Word of God. So now you are questioning what Jesus says? If you are Christian you believe Jesus was God in the flesh, how can you question what he deems truth? You can't pick and choose which parts of the Bible you wish to believe, it all falls apart if you do. So you're going to believe Jesus did miracles and was resurrected as truth, but Noah gathering all the animals on the ark was just a fairy tale? It can't work like that.



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CudiTheKid
That is totally illogical. Jesus said the Bible was the Word of God. So now you are questioning what Jesus says? If you are Christian you believe Jesus was God in the flesh, how can you question what he deems truth? You can't pick and choose which parts of the Bible you wish to believe, it all falls apart if you do. So you're going to believe Jesus did miracles and was resurrected as truth, but Noah gathering all the animals on the ark was just a fairy tale? It can't work like that.


Since it is a faith based belief system in the first place, it absolutely CAN and DOES work like that. Most Christians believe in a personal relationship with god and acting and living as Jesus did. They don't have to believe every single bible story to accomplish that. How can you tell me for a fact that the story of Noah is true, and not used as means to teach morality? The stories were all written by different authors. It's picking and choosing, yes, but that's how beliefs work. You are allowed to pick and choose when it comes to choosing your beliefs. How do you think the bible was created? A council picked and chose qualifying stories while other ancient stories that didn't conform were discarded. Many don't realize this, but believing in the bible is putting your faith in MAN, not GOD. Has man historically been known to tell the truth? Nope. Even if god did inspire it, how do you know that god was being literal in all cases?
edit on 12-12-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

Since it is a faith based belief system in the first place, it absolutely CAN and DOES work like that.


Then those people are only deluding themselves into believing they are Christian. Once you deny Jesus' word, God in the flesh, you are denying Jesus and God, and you can't deny Jesus and be a Christian.



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CudiTheKid

Originally posted by Barcs

Since it is a faith based belief system in the first place, it absolutely CAN and DOES work like that.


Then those people are only deluding themselves into believing they are Christian. Once you deny Jesus' word, God in the flesh, you are denying Jesus and God, and you can't deny Jesus and be a Christian.


That is what you believe, but it's certainly not what they believe. I'm just saying that evolution and faith are compatible unless you're a stubborn fundamentalist who thinks man made texts are more important than god himself or that god wouldn't use metaphors to describe evolution to an extremely primitive and uneducated population. You place your faith in man when you believe what they wrote, not god.
edit on 12-12-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

That is what you believe, but it's certainly not what they believe. I'm just saying that evolution and faith are compatible unless you're a stubborn fundamentalist who thinks man made texts are more important than god himself. You place your faith in man when you believe what they wrote, not god.


It's not just what I believe, it is what Jesus believes. The people who think that they can deny Jesus' words, yet are still Christian, and under the covenant of Grace, are deluding themselves. And if you question "well men just wrote those books, they aren't truth", then how in the world can you believe the story of Jesus? Delusion is the only way.



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Seede
 




it is believed that Moses wrote that book of Genesis.


Not my understanding. I wasn't aware he had been attributed stories that far back. It might interest you to know that even in Asia at the time no writer would take credit for their 'inspired' writing. It was always written by the person / prophet / Buddha who inspired it. I take your point, however I don't see many people thinking so literally when the truth is widely known.



Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image


I believe this to be true and correct. It may even be literally true if the God in question was a human. The trinity is the key. I don't know where to start to describe the occult knowledge ("as above, so below"), but I know for a fact that there are more workable descriptions of how we are also God that predate the bible. It looks to me that the ancient knowledge that was being used to create the Jewish tradition was accurate.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   


Text If Genesis is wrong, why are the Gospels right?t
reply to post by CudiTheKid
 


@ CudiTheKid --

In my understanding, you are absolutely correct.

Joh 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
Joh 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CudiTheKid

Originally posted by Barcs

That is what you believe, but it's certainly not what they believe. I'm just saying that evolution and faith are compatible unless you're a stubborn fundamentalist who thinks man made texts are more important than god himself. You place your faith in man when you believe what they wrote, not god.


It's not just what I believe, it is what Jesus believes. The people who think that they can deny Jesus' words, yet are still Christian, and under the covenant of Grace, are deluding themselves. And if you question "well men just wrote those books, they aren't truth", then how in the world can you believe the story of Jesus? Delusion is the only way.


The gospels were written after Jesus died, by people that did not witness the events firsthand. It has nothing to do with what Jesus believes. It has to do with what man SAYS Jesus believes. No matter what argument you use, it will always boil back down to that. If somebody wants to believe one story in a compilation book over another, who really cares? If somebody wants to interpret a story as a moral guiding story rather than literal truth, who cares? I find it much more delusional to believe the bible as 100% literal truth. That's just absurd, and honestly it reflects a very poor mentality and leads to 'all or nothing' type decisions in life. That's not how life works. It's not all or nothing. You think a Christian is defined by an absolutist literalist interpretation of the bible, but most Christians do not believe this at all. They believe that storytelling exists and that certain stories were written to teach lessons. You cannot seem to grasp this concept because your faith is limiting your critical thinking to all or nothing, rather than looking at each story individually as they should be.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seede



Text If Genesis is wrong, why are the Gospels right?t
reply to post by CudiTheKid
 


@ CudiTheKid --

In my understanding, you are absolutely correct.

Joh 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
Joh 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?


I hate to say it, I really do, but yes I am correct. What some of these Christians do not understand is that we are in an all-out WAR with the enemy. He wasn't just here during Genesis and then disappeared, his work is in full force and plainly obvious all around us. And part of his plan (besides the corruption of our seed) is to undermine the word of God in every little way he can, making Christians compromise a little here, and then a little there, until there is nothing left. It's the same idea with the people on this site who talk about our eroding freedoms, take a little here, a little there, and soon there's nothing left. The enemy is crafty, we have to be able to rise to the challenge, and being lukewarm Christians is not cutting it, and this is coming from Jesus, not me:

"15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CudiTheKid
 


How can you tell which bit is Jesus and which bit is Satan. they both have a plan, in fact they have the same plan, which is gods plan but I won't go into that. For all the hardship, suffering and sorrow what do you know about the good or bad of it? What are the lessons learned?

Jesus is no less present than Satan, as you should be more than aware. Satan is "Get behind me Satan" to a christian, "see no evil, speak no evil hear no evil" as it were. Giving energy to his desires is not how we honor Christ.






top topics



 
4
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join