It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution deniers are an insult to the deity they worship

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Evolution isn't a big storm that poofs things into existence or making them suddenly change. Creatures usually do go through millions of stages of development before a new species comes about and that's very much what evolution is all about. No, we aren't flukes. We are survivors.

Then where are the millions or billions of transitional skeletons of our "ancestors" ?

Oh that right there is only a handful of cobbled together skulls fragments or skeletons made from different finds.

As there are thousands of fossils, mostly fragmentary, often consisting of single bones or isolated teeth with complete skulls and skeletons rare

Yeah, rare.

Cobbled together Neanderthal?

Or

A time traveling Chuck Norris, trapped in the past?

You be the judge.....

edit on 10-12-2012 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

You lost your patience after you spoke FOR science by citing Wikipedia as a reference for what God and Life means to scientists. Hahahahaha
edit on 10-12-2012 by bowtomonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

Saying we are all just flukes, like the product of a billion monkeys and a billion typewriters is too idiotic for me, lol. How about, on their way to writing a classic novel they went through millions of stages of development, just as we already know everything to be ... and use that in your theory of evolution.

Itsthetooth had a classic quote on here.

"Evolution is like 1000 tornadoes going through a junkyard and assembling a working 747."

Evolution isn't a big storm that poofs things into existence or making them suddenly change. Creatures usually do go through millions of stages of development before a new species comes about and that's very much what evolution is all about. No, we aren't flukes. We are survivors.
edit on 10-12-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

No, not so much survivors but organizers too. Part of evolution and the millions of changes (billions and billions of increases in consciousness over just as many billions of years), is that there is more to it than the simplified thinking that suggests, all of it is only a matter of survival.

This is where God comes into play.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Itsthetooth had a classic quote on here.

"Evolution is like 1000 tornadoes going through a junkyard and assembling a working 747."

This is where God comes into play.

Yeah,lifted directlly out öf an episode of Ancient Aliens !!!

I've seen it reapeated to death on History Channel.

It's attributed to one of two scientists you discovered DNA and is his answer to the chances of human DNA being created randomly.

The presenter inferred fröm the question and his answer that the discoverer of DNA was endorsing humans didnt evolve but created by E.T.

He never said that,it was one question and his answer.I'm sure the question of human ntelligence suddenly evolving
to which he answered with the 747 quote.

Nobody's euer claimed it did suddenly evolve,it's one quote.

So toothguy is quoting more from ancient aliens,same episode as the Starchild.

Ancient Aliens is an entertainment not science.It's presents the ideas but doesnt prove anything.

I forget his name but the greek guy is class,the way he puts it

'they were depicting a real god,hat are kidding me,.it's so much more reasonable
to think it depicts a man in spaceship

it was cave drawing by an indian tribe i think.love how its ones ludicurous and one easy tö believe ~ eh,no both ideas are daft it was prob painted on some mad form of halluinigian like peyote !!

Mind you that guy is great,makes the show.The rest of them do the theory more harm than good by opening their mouths i'm afraid .

I used to show at the tv cos they'd add 2 and 2 and make it equal 73.Too many assuptions just accepted not questhoned but remember it"s entertainment !!!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

It's attributed to one of two scientists you discovered DNA and is his answer to the chances of human DNA being created randomly.

The presenter inferred fröm the question and his answer that the discoverer of DNA was endorsing humans didnt evolve but created by E.T.
reply to post by fastbob72

Francis Crick

Francis Crick the co discoverer of DNA was not convinced that life could have happened on its own from a primordial soup.

He endorsed an idea called

Directed Panspermia

Paper

Coming full circle to his groundbreaking discovery of DNA's structure, Crick wondered, if life began in the great "primeval soup" suggested by the Miller/Urey experiment, why there wouldn't be a multitude of genetic materials among the different life forms. Instead, all life on Earth shares the same basic DNA structure.

Crick and Orgel wrote in their book 'Life Itself,' "an honest man, armed with all the knowledge available to us now, could only state that in some sense, the origin of life appears at the moment to be almost a miracle, so many are the conditions which would have had to have been satisfied to get it going."

Link

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I've never seen that show. I just see patterns in the science crowd which disturb me, but I'm getting an idea of the fiction that they endorse when they go into battle against religion.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

Mm i'll be straight,I havent heard anything that convinces me evolution is wrong.It makes sense to me and explains how life adapts to its environment.

Don't do religon/god etc but i admit i dont know for sure.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Mm i'll be straight,I havent heard anything that convinces me evolution is wrong.It makes sense to me and explains how life adapts to its environment.

Don't do religon/god etc but i admit i dont know for sure.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

You don't have to do God and religion is usually anti-God in nature. I'm not suggesting evolution isn't happening but that there is more to it than we imagine ... seeing it as a human and knowing that our culture creates our humanity.

We have to evolve if we are going to stick around. Even if we eek out a longer term we won't be around much longer the way we're going.

How will we improve ourselves to suit a society without all our social distress (sin)? Seems to me that we have to take a leap forward into a higher consciousness (which religion has somewhat enabled), to live in the present moment without false concoctions of past/future, to have a science that loves the universe not conquers and so on ...

This is how we'll have evolved if we as a race go on.

The change is determined by TPTB in a real sense. We enact it because doing what the universe (God) wants is what makes us happy. In the end we save our bum, but in any case the survivors adapted and those with the best gene / soul survived.

NB: The general ATS definition of "TPTB" is a cancer on the body of this planet. The real powers do not have cancer, lol.

Not trying to get hung up with terminology. I tend to think that worshiping a deity is an act of lower consciousness. When I mention God, I mean you and me and this keyboard all being part of what god is.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

Thanks that was it,I knew it was one of them.

I wasnt criticsing him.I knew he wasnt a great fan of evolution but I think they included him in the show to be emminant doubter to evolution therefore inferring he was Ancient Alien Theory supporter.

I believe evolution but I've heard of Panspermia,,meteorites or comet material coming to earth with primitive life inside it bringing life here

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey
reply to post by KrzYma

You lost your patience after you spoke FOR science by citing Wikipedia as a reference for what God and Life means to scientists. Hahahahaha

No dude, you are WRONG again !
I don't want to waist my time explaining you the basics and those two links is just something you should read and think about.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1
Then where are the millions or billions of transitional skeletons of our "ancestors" ?

When you start with a single cell and go 3 billion years or so to modern humans, there will be millions of changes over that time. If you're looking at just a few million years, the changes might be in the hundreds or even lower. It really depends on the environment. Evolution is accelerated (sorted) during drastic changes in the environment that come with massive die offs of species. Millions of fossils have indeed been found, and scientists estimate that between 1 billion and 4 billion separate species have lived on earth during its history. Obviously they have not all been found and never will be, but constant change is a common theme in the fossil record in the fossils that we have found. Also do not forget, fossilization is very rare.

Oh that right there is only a handful of cobbled together skulls fragments or skeletons made from different finds.
They analyze those bone fragments and (yes) full skeletons for decades before classifying them.

en.wikipedia.org...

The link contains lots of full skulls and some full skeletons. It's not just random fragments being estimated. Dozens of Neanderthal fossils and bones have been found. Of course its rare to find a full skeleton. It doesn't mean you can just discount the findings and the fact that they belong to the same species, giving them a better idea of what it looks like. It's not just about fossils either. The Neanderthal genome has been mapped, along with a few other recent human relatives.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Text If this being is truly all powerful and intelligent, would it not make more sense that it would create creatures that are dynamic and adaptive, rather than fixed in a particular form?
reply to post by Glass

According to Moses, God made man in His image and after His likeness. According to our present day science, of the theory of evolution, man was not made in the image of God but evolved from a lower primate. For this reason Creationists can not accept that portion of parroted science. That is if you group evolution as a science.

According to Moses, time was not created by the Creator till the fourth era of producing. If that be true then there is no such thing as a million years ago unless one of the days of producing was of the last three days after time was created. Can't have it both ways. Science can never prove time when there is no time to prove.
For this reason we have birth days. Prior to a birth day there was nothing of that birth formed. A birth day is the same with all creation. Everything has a birth and a time reference of this universe after the third era of producing. All of this is naturally hinged upon Moses.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seede
According to Moses, time was not created by the Creator till the fourth era of producing. If that be true then there is no such thing as a million years ago unless one of the days of producing was of the last three days after time was created. Can't have it both ways. Science can never prove time when there is no time to prove.

That is not possible because time does not exist. Time IS space. Time is the movement of the universe. 'Years' is a man made calculation based on our movement around the sun. In order for the earth to be here, space-time would have had to be here prior. There is not some magical external force known as time. We are at a moment and we will always be at that moment.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrzYma

Originally posted by bowtomonkey
reply to post by KrzYma

No dude, you are WRONG again !
I don't want to waist my time explaining you the basics and those two links is just something you should read and think about.

Did it enter your mind that I would already know many "scientific" outdated positions and 100's of New age and Ancient as well?

Amongst it all is a theme whereby certain (materialist) people see the universe as a dumb mechanism, where life is a matter of chance, entirely divorced from it's dead surrounds.

This is NOT true

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Seede

According to Moses, God made man in His image and after His likeness.

Moses has nothing to do with creation stories.

The likeness is the trinity. It was already ancient occult knowledge at the time of writing.

Churches will have you believe anything though, especially if it gives their leaders more power.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Text That is not possible because time does not exist. Time IS space. Time is the movement of the universe. 'Years' is a man made calculation based on our movement around the sun. In order for the earth to be here, space-time would have had to be here prior. There is not some magical external force known as time. We are at a moment and we will always be at that moment.
reply to post by Barcs

@ Barcs

You could very well be right but as I stated " this is according to Moses." Moses wrote that time was a creation to give the universe a consciousness of happening. Moses did not say if this earth and the universe was created all at the same happening. Some believe that the universe existed long before the earth was created while others believe all terrestrial matter was created or happened at the same happening. I don't really know if space existed prior to anything or if all of the terrestrial elements of the universe were brought into existence at the same happening.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Text Moses has nothing to do with creation stories. The likeness is the trinity. It was already ancient occult knowledge at the time of writing. Churches will have you believe anything though, especially if it gives their leaders more power.

@ bowtomonkey

You might have misunderstood me or I might have not written my post very well but in the 1611 KJV bible and in the very first book of Genesis it is believed that Moses wrote that book of Genesis. Within that book is written that God made man in His image and in His likeness.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Hope this explains what I meant --

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The premise of this thread is false. If you are a Christian, accepting evolution is the insult to your creator. God told you how the human race came about, and now you are going to say God is wrong? That would be the real insult. If you believe in evolution, you can't be a Christian, the two ideas are not compatible. By accepting evolution, you deny the Bible as the Word of God, and once you deny the Bible as the Word of God, you call into question the authenticity of everything written in it. If Genesis is wrong, why are the Gospels right? This has been the plan of the emergent church, to undermine and question the Word, just as the serpent did in Genesis 3: "Yea, hath God said...?"

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CudiTheKid
The premise of this thread is false. If you are a Christian, accepting evolution is the insult to your creator. God told you how the human race came about, and now you are going to say God is wrong? That would be the real insult. If you believe in evolution, you can't be a Christian, the two ideas are not compatible. By accepting evolution, you deny the Bible as the Word of God, and once you deny the Bible as the Word of God, you call into question the authenticity of everything written in it. If Genesis is wrong, why are the Gospels right? This has been the plan of the emergent church, to undermine and question the Word, just as the serpent did in Genesis 3: "Yea, hath God said...?"

Nobody knows if god really wrote the bible. It's not an insult in the least, as most Christians are not bible literalists and understand that many of the bible stories were written to teach morality rather than to be absolute literal interpretations of exact events in the past. There's only a small percentage of Christians and other religious folk out there that actually believe evolution is an insult to their creator. It's not an insult, it makes god that much greater and shows true power being able to set up a self replicating system that adapts to nature and results in intelligent life. Even the pope accepts evolution for the scientific fact it is now. It's time for the rest of the world to do the same. It only conflicts with your faith if you are stubborn. Do people have more faith in GOD himself or in a compilation book of ancient stories written by MAN, translated many times over by MAN and claimed by MAN to be the word of god. I thought it was supposed to be about a spiritual connection to god and being a morally responsible person, not literal story interpretations.
edit on 12-12-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join