It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution deniers are an insult to the deity they worship

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Funny you say that.

Gravity explains the way apples fall from a tree

Actually, I said that the theories of gravity attempt to explain the fact that apples fall from trees.

Though they don't seem as well accepted as evolutionary theory, which is considered by most relevant scientists as a common fact.

Aren't gravity and time inter-related?

I appears so, as is velocity re special relativity. Though we can observe and make all sorts of accurate predictions about them, I don't think anyone as yet really knows exactly what gravity, or time, is.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The idea of life evolving from non-living chemistry is dead.

The idea of random chance creating life is dead. That died in 1979.

The idea that there is macroevolution of anything is dead.

The only idea left is that MIND created life.

I call it God.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

I call it God.

That's fair enough mate, you call "it" God, but the evolution of life certainly isn't how it was played out in the famous book, and us as a species were existing way longer than the timeline indicated in said book.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I've been involved with various religions and none of them, nor any branches and no religions I have ever come across denies evolution.

No wonder no one starred the OP. You seem to have found your own level amongst those rare yet loud creationists in the US (and nowhere else).

Anyway ... I don't buy into survival of the fittest as the main precursor to evolution and I do believe that God is the driving force of evolution, love being the language of change.

We aren't just trying to stay alive, we all want to thrive and we want to enjoy ourselves. We diversify to enjoy the sunshine like the trees growing toward the sun, but we do it in complex ways. As cultures change, genetics follow.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I am not religious, but Id say establishing basic laws of physics and then let all the complexity we see around us emerge naturally is an act much more worthy of a god than "poof, and its done" creationism. The first one is godlike, the second one is just how primitive humans would have imagined it.
edit on 10/12/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I call it God.

You are kidding, right??
"The idea of life evolving from non-living chemistry is dead."
what exactly is LIVE in your view? is it not ensamblar chemical reactions?, is it some special kind of force for you or what? Does not the bacteria and plants use simple "non living" matter to produce energy and reproduce?

"The idea of random chance creating life is dead. That died in 1979."
who said that? sounds for me like somebody don't understand how it works... you remember how "scientists" few hundred years ago explained the repelling magnetic force?? "God doesn't want this two stones to be together"

"The idea that there is macroevolution of anything is dead"
really?? if an carbon atom reacts with oxygen creating carbon dioxide does it not change its state from one to another? I say it evolve and become something different... and what is evolution? is it not an adjustment to surrounding circumstances??

"The only idea left is that MIND created life."
what is MIND??? is it some kind of force we don't know about or is it what your brain is constructing using all kind of chemicals and physical forces like electric impulses.

I have really tried to hold my explanations simple, of course this all is more complicated but behind all, is just the simplest that can be, physic, chemistry space and time, that is all you need for life.

You want to call it God? that's cool for me but don't mistake this God with any explanation in any religion that is telling you what God is, what to believe and whom you should worship. Religion has nothing to do with real forces in this universe... you call it God.

edit on 10-12-2012 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
Evolution deniers are an insult to the deity they worship

Creation deniers are an insult to the deity they worship.

.... doh!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey
I've been involved with various religions and none of them, nor any branches and no religions I have ever come across denies evolution.

No wonder no one starred the OP. You seem to have found your own level amongst those rare yet loud creationists in the US (and nowhere else).

Anyway ... I don't buy into survival of the fittest as the main precursor to evolution and I do believe that God is the driving force of evolution, love being the language of change.

We aren't just trying to stay alive, we all want to thrive and we want to enjoy ourselves. We diversify to enjoy the sunshine like the trees growing toward the sun, but we do it in complex ways. As cultures change, genetics follow.

sounds like you put humans, feelings and yourself to a special position in this universe.

btw. evolution is NOT survival of the fittest rather than quality of being accommodative

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Who invented God ??? HUMANS!
do you see any other living creatures worshiping any king of God? or killing each other if one God is different from the other?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I call it God.

This is December the 10th not April the 1st.........not unless you are serious

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
the problem [ IMHO ] that mosts thiests have - is that if they accept naturalistic explainations for EVERYTHING - what is the actual point of thier gods ?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Remember DNA ! It doesn't grow on trees or rocks . Even scientist of today will not argue spontaneous life . DNA does not occur randomly nor does the living cell occur randomly . Now they must also exist together . Then the cell has to survive , feed , grow , have offspring , continue to exist and the same with their offspring . What are the chances ? Not likely without an extinction . What will it feed on ? Even old Carl Sagan could not project how this could be so he would throw a BILLION years in to give it possibility .reply to post by KrzYma

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Evolution deniers are downright dishonest, often intentionally. They very often completely ignore all evidence of evolution and instead create their own strawman definition of it and use their definition to loosely and illogically debunk it. They are an insult to intelligence, and yes they are taking an ancient story book as absolutely literal fact, and considering it more important than the god they worship. Evolution deniers are just as bad as flat earthers.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

There is no direct evidence of anything evolving . Similarity in species that died off does not prove evolution . And what did they evolve from ? How did that species get here on earth . How did DNA occur here on earth in a living cell . The building block of life .

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Barcs

There is no direct evidence of anything evolving . Similarity in species that died off does not prove evolution . And what did they evolve from ? How did that species get here on earth . How did DNA occur here on earth in a living cell . The building block of life .

Meteorite

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Abiogenesis it one theory.

Basic Chemical such as Carbon, Nitrogen, Oxygen, under special circumstances and environment, formed RNA, which gave rise to DNA.

RNA containing organisms lived on this earth much longer then our new DNA organisms.
edit on 12/10/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Abiogenesis is not going to cut it . Please give the link to the RNA developing under natural circumstances . DNA is a very complicated strand with many millions of parts . The single celled Amoeba has a DNA Structure more complicated than the human cell from what I read .

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

You mean that thing that gets a thousand degrees when it enters the Atmosphere or a commet that also gets very hot and likely explodes in our atmosphere ?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

You mean that thing that gets a thousand degrees when it enters the Atmosphere or a commet that also gets very hot and likely explodes in our atmosphere ?

Meteoroids and comets carry the building blocks of life mate and they certainly ain't all small enough to break up in the atmosphere

edit on 10-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You know this for certain ! And then when they hit the Earth and cause what wouldbe a life extinguishing event life starts ? Not likely !

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join