It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 and 11 Year old, try carjacking vehicle with a loaded .22

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The real shocker here is that they were RELEASED to their parents. Why?

"Robbery detectives were briefed by officers at the scene but, due the age of the child suspects, they were both placed into the custody of their families as they cannot be taken to the Donald E. Long Juvenile Detention Home. "After dropping off the 11-year-old at his parent's house, he took off running from police but was quickly caught again and left in the custody of his parents. "All reports will be given to the Juvenile Court for follow-up and detectives will continue to investigate how the 11-year-old boy was able to obtain a firearm."

This kid is lucky he was NOT killed. I do commend the officers for not freaking out as they often do.

Officers told the 11-year-old to keep his hands out of his pockets but he ignored the officers and tried putting his hand back in his pocket. Officers grabbed his arms and recovered a cocked and loaded .22 caliber handgun in his pocket.

www.koinlocal6.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Due to the age of the child?!?!?!?! So dont take him to a juvenile facility, but at least into state custody and or a mental health evaluation while the investigation is conducted. To release these kids BACK to the neglectful arms of their families that allowed this kind of behavior? I am disgusted by this story. Someone could have lost their life. I guess this is what we as a society must learn to get accustomed to, soon it may be the norm.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Yeah when i was 11 i was a first person shooting game master so i understand the curiosity, but where are the goddamn parents

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Sad, sad, sad........

1. Where did they get the gun? Was it from a parent? or did they find it on the street?

Just the mentality of these children points to a very pathetic lack of parenting they have grown up with. How the cops could turn them over to the parents without and investigation of how these youngsters have grown up with this type of criminal mentality amazes me!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Revelations21

I agree! They should be held accountable after the investigation is complete imo.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The hell cops? THE HELL? What the...
Why didn't they look further into the situation of the stability of that family? Where did the kid even get the damn gun? And where did an 11 year old learn to use and know what a gun is used for? This follow up investigation better find out what the hell is with these kids, although it probably is a little obvious: bad parenting.

And what in the..

"Garrett told officers that the 7-year-old told the 11-year-old to "show her your piece" and the 11-year-old lifted his shirt and showed her a gun.

"The woman told police that she refused to give them the truck and the kids then demanded her phone and money, telling her that they couldn't leave without something and they threatened to shoot her if she didn't give them something. The woman again refused to give them anything and she drove away, calling 9-1-1. As she pulled away she saw the 11-year-old pull the gun from his pocket.

...I need a drink.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
kids being criminals? who would of thought. when it comes to kids im more worried about the ones that dont eat and the ones that are trained to kill for the purposes of combat. Those ones that dont eat will be forced into a life of crime or death due to malnutrition, and the ones that are being trained for combat and deployed in combat will be ruthless warlords if they survive to adulthood, causing more death and destruction. these parents that have criminal children should definitely be looked into, but this incident is small fries compared to what some kids go through.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So not cool.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Perhaps its a sad view of American society from the other side of the pond but since you love your guns as a cultural part of life its hardly surprising that kids will follow their parents so if mummy/daddy takes their gun everywhere then little junior will follow the example, and thank god someone with some sense was able to get the gun from the kid before it went bad as kids want to follow what the adults do but some things are best left till later in my opinion

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Perhaps its a sad view of American society from the other side of the pond but since you love your guns as a cultural part of life its hardly surprising that kids will follow their parents so if mummy/daddy takes their gun everywhere then little junior will follow the example, and thank god someone with some sense was able to get the gun from the kid before it went bad as kids want to follow what the adults do but some things are best left till later in my opinion

wow, so its Americas fault as whole because some punk kids want to play at criminal? this is a reach. and a weak one at that. These kids obviously are not being watched by there parents and that is the reason why this happened, not because America loves guns, its sad that there are actually people that think the way you do.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

"The woman told police that she refused to give them the truck and the kids then demanded her phone and money, telling her that they couldn't leave without something and they threatened to shoot her if she didn't give them something.

Who put them up to this, and what kind of influence did they use?

It doesn't sound that they wanted to do this.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria

Well we do love our guns here in america! What is to blame is the IDIOT parents that are probably not involved with their kids lives. It starts at home with rules, standards, and accountability for your actions. These kids are the result of the home they are supposed to be being raised in. Dont bring guns up as the problem, please. They are not!

new topics

top topics

join