It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PDF issue: Importing photos of different resolution/sizes but making them look the same size?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
In the last few months, I've started giving the Rendlesham Forest UFO case (December 1980) a fairly detailed examination. I hope to post a relevant thread in the near future.

To help take things forward, I've attempted to compile a PDF document collating various relevant maps, plans and aerial views from different books, UFO magazine articles, websites and other sources. I've created a PDF document from a list of files/photos.

The relevant 12Mb PDF file, with about 58 pages (and a very rough first draft of an index, without any detailed comments yet), can be downloaded from:
minus.com...

My problem is that the maps and plans show up as vastly different sizes. Some are bigger than the size of the screen (or, presumably, an A4 piece of paper) while others appear as very small pictures (although it is possible to zoom in and see the map clearly).

I'd like people to whom I send this PDF file to be able to scroll through the document glancing at the map on each page without having to adjust the zoom level etc.

Is there an easy way to do this?

NB Adjusting the size of photos is not something I find particularly quick or easy....

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 9-12-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
NB Adjusting the size of photos is not something I find particularly quick or easy....

It is what needs to be done for the sake of the document. There are many tutorials out there on how to resize images. A speedy work-flow can be created.

Also, make sure they are the same DPI (or PPi), 72 for viewing on a computer, 150 and above (usually 300) if you're aiming to print.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

It is what needs to be done for the sake of the document.

Oh dear...

I was hoping there was an equivalent of the solution I've used when posting on ATS, i.e. (without bothering to use Photoshop or other software to resize the images first) I can post a document in A4 ratio using the full width of the screen using the (ats) tags adjusting the width to 600 and the height to 848 (600*1.4142) with the external URL for each image e.g. (ats=600x848)files.abovetopsecret.com...(/ats).

I'd hoped that there was some easy way to import images into Adobe Acrobat so that the resulting PDF displayed each image using the full width of an A4 page (with the width/height ratio of the original image being maintained).

Frankly, I'm not sure it's worth the effort to resize each map/image individually so that I can share a better PDF than the one at the link in the OP above.

Thanks for your input LesMisanthrope.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Do you have Microsoft Word 2007 or 2010? I think those new versions can make PDFs and you can put the images inside a page, automatically resizing the image.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Do you have Microsoft Word 2007 or 2010?

Yes, both versions (on different computers).

I think those new versions can make PDFs and you can put the images inside a page, automatically resizing the image.

Interesting. I'll give that a go. I don't recall noticing any automatic resizing when I've cut and pasted images into Word documents in the past.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Just drag the images into a Word document, it does the rest.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Agree here. I am Editor of a monthly newsletter and just rt click and save the pict....resize it....put it back. Bingo.

(as suggested above, cut and paste the whole thing into MS word...it'll take two minutes. When done...save the whole thing as a PDF)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Id just open them on your PC,
shrink the window until your happy with the size
do a 'printscreen'
paste it into word
crop to the image
save as jpeg
simple!
U2U me if you want ah and.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
(as suggested above, cut and paste the whole thing into MS word...it'll take two minutes. When done...save the whole thing as a PDF)

Thanks for the comments above.

As suggested, I dragged and dropped the image files in a Microsoft Word document which reduced the images that were too large to the size of an A4 page. I then quickly enlarged the few images that were very small, by dragging the corner of each image outwards (which took a second or two).

So, I now have the PDF I wanted and will be sending it to a few people with some queries. I'll then be using the contents as part of the thread I'm writing about resources relating to the Rendlesham sighting.

top topics

join