It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Over 10,000 US-NATO Troops Mass Ahead of Syria Invasion; Patriot Missiles Deployed in Turkey

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by jhn7537

All governments are evil to their own degree....But you would have to be living under a rock to believe the MSM garbage that is being spewed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's always a bit truth to everything. To be in complete denial of EVERYTHING that gets reported today is ignorant on your part as well. I dont totally accept nor deny everything the MSM says, but I also don't just believe reports on conspiracy-type forums...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
There's normally a carrier around hot spots for evacuation, patrol, and other missions as determined by the military. Most of those 10,000 troops that are claimed in this story are actually on one floating city called a carrier. Most carriers have up to and sometimes over 5000 Navy personnel just to operate one ship.

If there were 10,000 troops such as infantry or Marines with the battle group, then it would be news.
edit on 9-12-2012 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This world is fk'ed now.

It will be interesting to see if someone drops the Mother Of All Bombs (M.O.A.B) on Damascus and proves the Bible is true when Damascus is reduced to rubble.

Isaiah 17:1

...Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Notice there is no mention of after death or radiation.

M.O.A.B is also Massive Ordnance Air Blast.

If only the new golden era of peace was upon us now. :`-(
edit on 9-12-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
DOOM ON

This is it, whether it happens now or next year, these troops are staying there until the mission is done!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

This carrier group is in place to secure the chemical weapons stockpiles when Assad falls shortly.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Sorry Hawk, but this is blog fueled manusha.

Not buying it, till we get some legitimate sources.

S&F for doom and gloom, though.........

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
To be in complete denial of EVERYTHING that gets reported today is ignorant on your part as well.

You have misunderstood my posts.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
10,000 troops move towards syrian border?

Heck the turkish military has 1.1 million troops (active + reserves) - if it moves 2 brigades there's 10,000 troops.

Or a few Patriot batteries + land forces to secure them is probably half way there.

the 6th Fleet is stationed in the Med based out of Naples - so it's entire manpower (whatever that might be) can be considered as "massed" near Syria all the time!!

just more sensationalist claptrap from the alternative "media", and replies showing neither they nor their rabid followers know what actually exists in the real world!!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by jhn7537

Any use of chemical weapons will be from AL CIA-duh forces, meant to demonize the Syrian regime, please do not drink the Kool-Aid....

But it's ok to drink Kool-aid as long as RT supplies it?

So you're saying the threat of chemical weapons is a bluff made up by the evil west?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

So you're saying the threat of chemical weapons is a bluff made up by the evil west?

Syria has chemical weapons that is because Russia and Iran gave their "expertise".

Golly Gee 10,000 nato troops 8000 thousand are on an aircraft carrier that lands planes

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The Ike is transiting back to Norfolk for repairs to it's flight deck. It will then transit back to the Middle East when repairs are finished.

It's been discussed here for a few days...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrestonSpace

The threat of Syria using Chemical weapons, is because Syria has Chemical weapons.

Will they?

I don't know. I pray they don't.

I do know this. If they do, there will be hell to pay. ANYONE playing that weapon, will feel the wrath of the World.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
They are behind schedule in their plans to invade 7 middle eastern countries so the psychopaths are playing catch up.

This is WWIII manifesting before you very eyes folks with Russia in the fray and I am sure China etc.

Please..... Russia and China going to war over Syria?. I don't think so. Even Russia is finally seeing the writing on the wall with Bashir Assad.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Wow some folks are in denial What you don't understand is all this rivalry between Russia China the USA Britain etc. is all planned they all agreed to play their parts and if you don't think 8 fighter bomber groups is an invasion force I don't know what to tell you. While not perfect RT is a more reliable source the FOX or CNN so why all the crying...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Wow some folks are in denial What you don't understand is all this rivalry between Russia China the USA Britain etc. is all planned they all agreed to play their parts and if you don't think 8 fighter bomber groups is an invasion force I don't know what to tell you. While not perfect RT is a more reliable source the FOX or CNN so why all the crying...

And when the invasion doesn't happen?

Then what?

Will you come back on ATS and apologise for pretending to know more than everyone else?

Let me guess...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Perhaps someone could bring me up to speed.

Issues with Syrian government and their people in the news for months, who knows what's true or not, our media won't tell us. What our media has told us, over and over, is that the government MAY use chemical weapons.

So...members in Syria, who have hidden these WMD's...and for what, 10+ years now according to those who claim they may be Iraqi WMD materials, so now THEY decide to show their aces to the world.

Are we sure of any of this, at all? Are we sure of the truth at all? That rabbit bit could have been filmed anywhere.

So now we saw a flash of supposed chems they may or may not have, suddenly all those angry folks jump on the wagon touting "Bush WAS right! We gotta kill em! All of them! More WAR! Do you see!? See!? We were right!"

I'm no liberal by any means. I just want to understand this issue. Like any other major, or minor events in the world, we no longer live in a world where a spade is a spade. We can't be sure of anything. So it gets my attention when we have a new possible military action on our hands with no proof.

Not that we need any, right? That's been the name of the game for decades.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Yes, the Propaganda is flying....

The Dailysheeple is living up to their name.

"10,000 US-NATO troops mass..."

Meanwhile, If you follow the link it takes you to Blacklisted news which the Dailysheeple misquotes and exaggerates RT
which doesn't say anything about "10,000 Troops"

It does mention

The arrival of the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, one of the 11 US Navy aircraft carriers that has the capacity to hold thousands of men, is now stationed at the coast of Syria, DEBKAfile reports. The aircraft carrier joined the USS Iwo Jima Amphibious Ready Group, which holds about 2,500 Marines.

I suppose the other 7,500 are sailors from the fleet though. I could see that as being a real invasion force if I squint my eyes and plug my ears to reality, being rational and using logic.

Also, If as some are claiming the rebels are the cause of most of the civilian causalities why are all of the massive amounts of refugees not fleeing to Assad's side of the conflict for protection and /or to support him?

tsk tsk tsk...
Eat it up sheeple

edit on 9-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

I was with you up until the end - which is where I think your logic went out the window....

If I live in Syria... And Syria is in civil war... what does "fleeing to Assad's side" mean....

Also, I'd like to see you just 'up & flee' in the middle of a civil war........

As I see it, the refugees are leaving harms way. They are leaving Syria. Nothing in that is indicative of allegiance to either side..

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
From Egypt's example we find that Muslim Brotherhood and Al-Queda type governments are no different from current form of dictatorship in Syria. Only difference is MB and AQ have religious tone while latter has secular. People are always victims in both the cases.

NATO or anyother country has no right to invade a civil war scenario. Assad is not killing people at random. There are gangs of rebels who are fighting his forces and result is killing and destruction inflicted on both the sides.

Why can't rebels wait for mid 2014 for free elections to take place and go from there on. Fighting is for fools and worst when it is on the instigation of external powers.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Since no one has actually linked to RT (Slayer linked Blacklisted News) here is the article that mentions 8000 troops in the Eisenhower task force. Added to the 2500 Marines aboard the Pelaleu thats 10,000.

rt.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

And when the invasion doesn't happen?

Then what?

Will you come back on ATS and apologise for pretending to know more than everyone else?

Let me guess...

Once again you prove reading comprehension is not your strong suite... Why in the world would I need to apologize? I did not say either way if they would invade or not. Some are acting like a carrier with 8 fighter bomber groups is no big deal I merely pointed out that it is, get over yourself

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join