It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad holiday photos.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Okay Yahoo is saying that these are bad holiday photos.

I think Santa should be scared coming down this chimney. I can't believe he let his kid hold a gun. Hopefully it's a water gun.

Is this worse then the Kardashians... You decide. Almost looks like 101 Dalmatians.
I won't knock her only because she's helping the animals and they all look happy.

photos.ellen.warnerbros.com...
edit on 9-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It is not always a bad thing to give a child a gun to hold. I was given my first loaded weapon to hold at age eight, after it was drilled into me how dangerous a badly handled weapon could be.

I have grown up with a great deal of respect for the danger of firearms in the hands of untrained people, and I have never gone on a killing rampage nor committed any gun or any other weapon crime because I was made aware at an early age that all weapons are dangerous, and must always be handled with care, and respect.

I know the anti gun lobby will not support this view, and I await there screeching boilerplates. Weapons can only kill when in the hands of people.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The second one might be a little cheesy but I think it's funny having everyone in dinner wear holding so many puppies. I'm sure their friends in family got a laugh out of it, I'd say that one's a win...

The top one too, I don't see what's bad about it. Again, I bet the family got a laugh out of it. Where was Rambo Santa Clause when I was a kid?
edit on 9-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I bet that none of the ladies with the dogs take one single dog for a walk... But they seem to be a must have...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I looked through the rest of the photos, I can't believe you posted those two out of all of them on here. Those are the only two normal (by that I mean not satirically pitiful) The rest, dear god, the hair, the christmas sweaters and the awkward poses. Oh and don't forget lingerie grandma in the one...
The rest of them remind me of my childhood and everything we all try to forget. I'm surprised the people still had the pictures to submit them, most people burn the evidence of so many different horrible style choices back then all compounded into one day.

Kudos to those that posted them though! I still hide my christmas albums from back then.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yeah, I hope my dad is smart enough not to post our are wacky x-mas photos.

The grandma one was a little cheesy. ROFL... I couldn't stop laughing at that one.
edit on 9-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
It is not always a bad thing to give a child a gun to hold. I was given my first loaded weapon to hold at age eight, after it was drilled into me how dangerous a badly handled weapon could be.

With his father and a firearms instructor standing nearby, an 8-year-old Connecticut boy shot himself in the head with a submachine gun yesterday, killing himself in an accident some say should never have happened

abcnews.go.com...

Boy, 7, Shoots 8-Year-Old Sister By Accident In Philadelphia: Cops

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 9-12-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The first one looks a bit photoshopped. How many people do you know have a minigun, a .50 caliber machine gun and an M16 machine gun with bottom mounted grenade launcher in their possession?
edit on 12/9/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

For the record.. my dad was a cop. He taught me to shoot his service revolver a .38 special at around age 6, at 10 I got my first rifle, a .22 and at 13, he bought me a 9mm and a 20 gauge for dove hunting.
If the pic is true, which I dont believe it is, I dont see a problem.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

If the people in the photo with all the dogs really own that many I hope they can afford to pay for a full time "pooper scooper" to follow them around all day! Otherwise it would be like living in a mine field!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

With his father and a firearms instructor standing nearby, an 8-year-old Connecticut boy shot himself in the head with a submachine gun yesterday, killing himself in an accident some say should never have happened

abcnews.go.com...

Boy, 7, Shoots 8-Year-Old Sister By Accident In Philadelphia: Cops

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 9-12-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

I take your point, but I maintain that when properly supervised children can be taught to respect weapons, and thereby learn responsibility, after all if cars are driven irresponsibly they become lethal weapons.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I take your point, but I maintain that when properly supervised children can be taught to respect weapons, and thereby learn responsibility, after all if cars are driven irresponsibly they become lethal weapons.

the kid in the first story has his father and an instructor standing beside him when he shot himself in the head and died. how much supervision are you talking about.

(just a word of advice. i have heard all the catchphrases of the pro gun people over and over and over. it just gives the impression that all the folk that use them have been brainwashed.)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I didnt read that link but I think I know which story hes talking about.
I think the kid was shooting an uzi, which is a short weapon that will crawl back on you if you arent prepared or strong enough to hold it.
The kid probably wasnt prepared for the recoil and he lost control. In this case, i would hold the father responsible

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Thanks for the laughs!!!
After I finished going thru all of the Christmas ones, I kept going. There was a whole string of '80s shots with AMAZING Gravity-Defying Hairstyles...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by boncho

The first one looks a bit photoshopped. How many people do you know have a minigun, a .50 caliber machine gun and an M16 machine gun with bottom mounted grenade launcher in their possession?

Well, if you read the small print in the first Christmas Card, you will notice "Scottsdale Gun Club"
That probably has something to do with having all these just 'lying around'.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

the kid in the first story has his father and an instructor standing beside him when he shot himself in the head and died. how much supervision are you talking about.

(just a word of advice. i have heard all the catchphrases of the pro gun people over and over and over. it just gives the impression that all the folk that use them have been brainwashed.)

As I said in my reply to MH I have heard all the Boilerplate of the Anti-gun lobby, and they sound like brainwashed trash to me, so I advise you to take your own advice

top topics

join