It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will go to see X-men 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Personally, I'd refused to go see the 1st episode and I dont want to see the 2.
X-men must stay comics characters and I think that seeing them in a realistic movie will kill the myth...
And Alle BERRY in storm is so ugly !

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hey Nans

I'm kinda 50/50 on this?

I liked the 1st one but the second one is got me on a stumper!

Agree with you on the Halle Berry thing....no offence to the lady..but she is just to damn cocky for me!

Ah well, probably will get dragged to see it...its the film called TimeLine i want too see...you know the one about the archaeologu students that go back in time!
(Read the book..its by Micheal Chricton!)

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I loved X-Men since I was a kid, saw the first movei and liked it and I do plan on seeing the second.

Hey I do agree that Halle Berry as Storm was not the best idea.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I haven't seen the first one, do I need to in order for the sequel to make sense? I really dont know anything about the x-men, but all of this hype is making me a little curious. Not much into comic books, was the first movie good?

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
In my opinion it was a pretty good movie. But I'd think you'd have to know who is who and something about X-Men to understand it.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The first one was very good I thought, and no I never read any of the comic books either PA, but I followed it quite well as I'm sure you would

I'd go grab the first one at your nearest video rental store though before watching the 2nd...
Mag~

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I just hope the second one is better than the first.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I saw it yesterday. It is good, I'll give it a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10...

And Halle Berry is very good looking as storm. I don't know where you guys get that from.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
seeing as i have nothin better to do. here's a better question, who's going to see matrix reloaded? i think that's goin to be the best movie of the year.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Im going to go see both of them.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i saw the movie last night and i thought it was absolutly fantastic. i could have gone home happy after the first 10 minutes

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Will definitely be going to see Matrix Reloaded...and want to see that WAAAAAY more than Xmen2...however, I will certainly see the second installment of the X-Men...even though I found the 1st to be quite a disappointment.

The 1st X-Men was just the scene-setter and so didn't really possess any real hold as a stand-alone film in its own right...I did enjoy it though...just think it could have been done a lot better.

For instance, I certainly don't agree with some of the character choices. Hugh Jackman for instance as Wolverine...he does have the right facial features and seemed to have a little bit of the 'wolverine' attitude about him...but certainly didn't have wolverines physical stature. Wolverine is very well muscled and basically built like a brick out-house as they say. Wolverine is THE MAN! Wolverine, the comic character, main strength is not just his healing abilities...but more his outright aggressiveness, his strength, his agro, the ability to just unleash a whole can of whoop whoop on some poor fool. Hugh Jackman couldn't convey that.

Also Anna Pacquin, she may be a fellow NZer, but I thought she makes a terrible Rogue. She would make a good Jubilee...but Rogue? Oh hell no...what was the casting director thinking with that choice

...the other character choices were good I thought...

...what I'd love to see is Michael Clarke Duncan (big black dude of Green Mile) playing Beast...now THAT would rock...Duncan is the ONLY person who could give Beast the respect/aura that character deserves...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Where is the other option...I've already seen X-men 2.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Nightcrawler(thats what i believe his name is) made the movie for X2. As for the matrix it will blow X2 away.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Seen it yesterday. IT was great. Ten times better than the last. I use to collect the comic books so that brought it alive to me. Loved it when i seen characters i loved. Collosus was teh best(the buff metal kid)

You didnt have to see the first one to know bout this one but if you read the comics and seen the first movie it makes it even better. Like Moty i was happy after the first 10 min. I give it a 9/10.

Oh btw i already have my matrix 2 tickets.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I agree with Alien,

Also Anna Pacquin, she may be a fellow NZer, but I thought she makes a terrible Rogue. She would make a good Jubilee...but Rogue? Oh hell no...what was the casting director thinking with that choice

Rouge was my favorite character along with Wolverine.
I only saw the animated cartoon 'X-men", never read the comic. To me Rouge should be a tall voluptous sexy chick with a slight southern drawl. -Jennifer Garner like-
But I'll still be seeing it.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It's better than the first--at least in my opinion. the opening is the best part of the movie the whole theater was silent during it...children included.

the end is kinda messed up you could tell they were setting up for the phoenix saga in x3.

and i too like Halley as Storm can't think of anyone else that should play her plus i think she showed that she wasn't big headed by returning to play the role in the first place--you don't see many best actress ocsar winners playing comic book charaters...you Halley haters have any suggestions on folk that would be good for the part?

definately goin to see the matrix reloaded...that's sure to be hot.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
was nightcrawler always religious/catholic in the comic books???

i dont remember.

[Edited on 4-5-2003 by krossfyter]

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
actually better than the first. I disagree that you need to know a lot about the X-Men to enjoy the film. A buddy helped me fill in the blanks afterwards (he's a comic nut), but not knowing those background facts at the time I was watching, didn't make me enjoy it any less... Good flick, and I loved the way they did Nightcrawler....(not to mention, it was nice to see Rebecca w/o Mystique makeup in one scene and looking hot as hell...
)

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
"was nightcrawler always religious/catholic in the comic books??? "

Yeah I think he has a monestary... Rouge is really his sister and mystique is their mother, they have another brother who is part of Friends of Humanity and he isnt a mutant... well i guess a not a mutant with powers, his father is Sabertooth and he wants to kill mutants...

Whats wrong with the movies? X-men gets so strange anyways with alternate universes and such.. I don't remember what book it's called but They are fighting apocalypse and like everyone dies, huge battles in space, I read it when I was like 8, I remember Cyclops gets killed by Iceman, he encases his head in a block of Ice, and I think wolverine dies to Thor?

top topics

join