It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Disgrace

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
How much longer are we going to take this kind of stuff from our own Government?

Are you going to Write To Congress? I bet not; most likely you will do nothing...same as me, just something else to discuss on ATS I suppose... nothing more, Right?

If you can come up with a reliable plan to stop this kind of sh**, let us know, what can be done???

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Spend 770 Million to help build infrastructure, or trillions destroying it.

I'd rather spend the 770 million.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
obama ?

doesn't congress spend the money ?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
"Vote" with bullets.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I've never cared for foreign aid after the Marshall plan.
Our cities are crumbling at home but we can rebuild mosques and provide internet service and computers to Mali?
What's wrong with this picture?
Kind of makes the "Is Obama a Muslim?" conspiracies look real.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Believe me, I feel and share your sentiment concerning this madness, but I can accurately assure you that writing your corrupt congressman is going to accomplish absolutely nothing.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Hmmm... separation of Church & State...
Unless it's churches in a foreign country?
Because in our own country, if something is funded, it can't preach a religious doctrine. Like schools, for example. No Federal Funding unless you follow the rules. But the rules don't apply beyond our borders.

They're giving money away to entities that do not pay any taxes into our system. And they wonder how to stop the deficit from growing.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Is this a violation of church & state? Regardless, it angers me & I don't care if it an attempt at winning hearts and minds by building up what is important to them. Let them petition the House of Saud or their worshippers.
S&F
I am writing Mitch McConnell today.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hearts and minds...

As for the 770 million? A drop in the bucket compared to the 51 billion we spent this year on the secret, black budget.

This clip, FWIW, is from a local TV station here in Atlanta and it usually isn't like that station to pander to stories of this kind. I guess ratings are down?

~Heff

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
How about sending some money for Flight School Training?

Or was that option just for Saudi's.

edit on 9-12-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

The American taxpayer is always on the low list of priorities when it comes to benefiting foreign interests over domestic interests. People are hurting in this country, and the first thing that should be cut is foreign-aid. We should also have across the board military cuts. The last thing congress should be thinking of is putting the screws to the American taxpayer. Nothing like biting the hand that feeds you.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

I LOVE how this is outrageous in 2012 but no one previously cared that this has been a problem since the world wars.

We have failing infrastructure, failing education, homeless, heartless and apathetic people in America.

But Heyyyy, lets blame Obama for this TOO.

The only positive thing that will come from all the hatred towards Obama is that people are FINALLY taking a look under the covers.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
obama ?

doesn't congress spend the money ?

Congress used to spend money.. When Congress used to pass budgets.. It's been 4 years and counting tho so who spends what isn't quite the same as it's ever been before.
State department spending is Clinton which is Obama. Straight line...and unless Congress wants to defund State in one of these silly stop gap spending bills they've peddled since 2009, then they do what they want to do.

Nice seeing our hard earned money going to help the Religious infrastructure of others overseas when people can't even plant a few modest white crosses on a roadside here for the lost ones of a major accident without being sued right off the "public" land.

I guess that whole separation of Church and State concept loses 100% of it's meaning when these people cross the international border and exit U.S. Airspace. Funny..I didn't think the Constitutional restrictions of the madness of the Federal Government had geographic limits. Learn something new every day.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

My goodness, people will grasp at just about any type of straw to justify their hatred of the man.

Meanwhile, they elect morons to the House and Senate.

Newsflash, people: Stop electing the dittoheads and bible-thumpers and maybe change will come. LOL. The U.S House is a total disgrace at this point.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Looks like giving to charities is redundant, it's like double dipping. The government is already doing it for everyone with everyone's money and deciding for them where it goes. So charities seem nothing more than a "make work" program to syphon off extra money, since with most of them only about 10% goes towards the actual "cause." Funny though, that reminds me of Haiti, allocate billions, send a few million and of the few million sent, 90% is paid to "contractors" of the "charity."

Cheers - Dave
edit on 12/9.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
Believe me, I feel and share your sentiment concerning this madness, but I can accurately assure you that writing your corrupt congressman is going to accomplish absolutely nothing.

..... unless you can cross his palm with more greenbacks or "favors" than his regular crew.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
My goodness, people will grasp at just about any type of straw to justify their hatred of the man.

Meanwhile, they elect morons to the House and Senate.

Newsflash, people: Stop electing the dittoheads and bible-thumpers and maybe change will come. LOL. The U.S House is a total disgrace at this point.

Elections? I dunno what media you are monitoring, but I'm seeing unprecedented amounts of voter fraud over the last decade.

These people may be running this country, but they are definitely not my government. Not even close.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Why do they need rebuilding in the first place?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This video was released last summer. Was this expenditure from 2011? Anyone have an idea of what was spent in 2012?

Complete B.S. Can anyone explain how rebuilding a place of worship puts food on people's plates? We have no business helping with this type of aid. We have huge infrastructure problems in our own country.

We really need to start an audit congress movement!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
reply to post by Shdak

I LOVE how this is outrageous in 2012 but no one previously cared that this has been a problem since the world wars.

We have failing infrastructure, failing education, homeless, heartless and apathetic people in America.

But Heyyyy, lets blame Obama for this TOO.

The only positive thing that will come from all the hatred towards Obama is that people are FINALLY taking a look under the covers.

Oh okay, hatred towards Obama over, he didn't start it, let's just forget this happened and go on as usual. Obviously Obama has no way of stopping it because he didn't start it.. All forgotten now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join