It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyranny: The Slow Path

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It generally starts out with good will. Several years go by and a few things are passed that some, perhaps many, find questionable, but merely questionable is not enough to cry foul. To the next generation it's not questionable, but normal. A few more things are passed that this new generation finds questionable compared to the new normal, but still just questionable. To the next generation this is now normal, a few things are passed they find questionable, but again nothing more than questionable compared to the new normal.

This cycle continues for numerous generations until one day we're living in extreme tyranny and everyone finds it nothing but normal, it's all they've ever known. Even the leaders, they don't realize their tyranny, this is all they've ever known.

Just a little more, just a little bit more oversight that's all. Again and again it's just a little bit more, just a little bit more oversight that's all. Overtime it adds up. King George had not nearly this amount of control over personal lives.
edit on 9-12-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It's mission creep courtesy of creepy people with creepy missions.
Jesuits? dunno, Bankers? definitely!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I think the bankers fell prey to the same thing we all did. "Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it."

Edit: Moreover it's important to note that the bankers did not invent the game, they were merely players in the game we all upheld. I couldn't imagine anyone else dealt their hand would've played it any different. In truth we all had a hand in the sham, there is no denying it. We worked for it, we paid for it, we voted for it, we all did.

Any shmoe can point the finger, can he look in the mirror?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So it just hit me, again. People always want someone to blame, Hitler blamed the followers of Judaism. Looks like the bankers are gonna take the hit on this one, their old friends turned on them?

I suppose it's a dog eat dog world eh?

To be honest a banker, CEO or politician would be welcome in my home, I don't place blame solely on them. However; I don't have a home, they took it away.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Sorry for the brief response earlier; there's much more to be said about incrementalism. I was reflecting back the other day about how people would have reacted 30 or 40 years ago to things happening today. Take Obamacare for instance - 40 years ago that would have meant armed revolt. I kid you not.

I'm over 50 and remember well the attitudes that prevailed in society, not all of them good mind you. It was very anti-gay, overly pro-religious (Christianity anyway) and downright prudish. Tv shows today use every foul word in the book to the point of being ridiculous. You couldn't even say "ass" in 1970. While I applaud the freedom of expression we've gained the loss in our morality seems to be far the worse for the trade off. All these changes happened slowly and there was a time when the UN and Council on Foreign Relations were very dirty words. It almost kept GHWBush from being on the 1980 VP ticket. The PTB really wanted their boy in though and see where we are today.

Keep in mind that "Poppy" Bush was the head of CIA, "special envoy" to China under Nixon, US rep at the UN, Chair of the RNC, Officer of the CFR, VP for 2 terms and President for 1 and has a son who was a 2 term President.. NOBODY else has ever come close to having so many powerful positions. His connections to the Bay of Pigs, the Kennedy Assassination, the Reagan assassination attempt and Iran Contra not to mention the S&L scandal should have resulted in having him tried for treason or at least banished from the country.

I digress but these slow steady changes all happened while that man was in a position of power who has consistently worked to increase the power of the shadow government and it's banking and corporate backers.
edit on 9-12-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

edit on 9-12-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

While I certainly disagree with many of the things the wealthy power holders do and the decisions they make I try to understand the human aspect. It's not the easiest thing in the world from my point of view, I've never experienced anything like what they experience and I realize that the same is true from their point of view. As policy makers they try to legislate for a people they know nothing about, they have no understanding of the lives they have power over.

The life they live is so very different from the life I live, many of them probably never knew what it was like to have a loving and caring parent, raised by paid servants instead. From their early lives they never grew a bond or connection with any other human being, a life in isolation from the beginning. It's easy for them to look and see nothing but numbers.

In their schooling they have little choice but to join a secret society, I imagine it's much like the prisoner who must pick a gang to support for without allegiance they have no protection. In their ivy league schooling they are taught to believe themselves better, smarter and they believe it, have no choice but to believe it. They have no knowledge of life outside of their own, but are taught to believe they have all the knowledge in the world. I look at them and I see frightened children, never given a chance. Never a chance to know love. So much is expected of them and so far to fall if they fail.

I look at them and see some of the most emotionally imprisoned, some of the most emotionally battered people the world has ever known. They isolate themselves from the public, they fear the public, they fear that which they do not understand.

I look and see the judgment that the public casts upon one another, Jerry Springer type for instance, but then I look and see the judgment the 'elite' cast upon one another. Lord they hold each other to the most inhuman of expectations. You must hold your glass of wine properly, must place the proper forks on the proper side of the proper plate. You must have the properly pressed suit with the proper shoes and the properly folded handkerchief. They have so much money it's easy for those with less to assume the elite have more freedom, but I see their prison cells as much smaller.

They've been taught to think themselves better, but I care not what they think I know what I see. Their life... It's own punishment for such arrogance, I wouldn't walk a mile in their shoes for all the money in the world. They never knew humanity, not from the moment they were born.

I might add that although I feel they treat one another with such terror so too does the public treat them in terrible ways. Being in the public eye is probably a horrific life, every move you make scrutinized and criticized. People hate one another for the prison they are born into, the prison of judgment, the elite succumb to this hatred just as anyone else. The punishment for such a crime as judgment, you will bear the weight of hatred from all sides.

Honestly there is no one in this world whose shoes I would walk a mile in. There is no good in this world. There is no good in this world. There is nothing. There is nothing I could think of, no prison, no foreign planet, there is no stretch of the imagination I can think of that would be a worse hell than what is right here on this earth.

I'd have killed myself long ago if it weren't for the obviousness of the truth. Religion was right, hell does exist and is as described. If there is a hell, if there is a satan...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
For the record while it is true I do not find the wealthy any better neither do I find them any worse. I am no better than they. I know where I once was and should it be that I deserve to continue paying for my crimes then so be it.

I know full well what I had a hand in and if my god decides that I have not fully paid for my sins... So... be... it

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot

I'd have killed myself long ago if it weren't for the obviousness of the truth. Religion was right, hell does exist and is as described. If there is a hell, if there is a satan...

Predictability, the property of something or someone to act as expected.

new topics

top topics

join