It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013: The Year of the Comets...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't want to hijack the thread, but does anyone remember seeing a comet in the night sky in the late 90's? I don't think it was a bad omen.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nancyliedersdeaddog

I used zetatalk because I could get a quote from the Kolbrin on it. The Kolbrin is a real book and can be read in its entirety here. It is in a PDF format so I could not copy and paste from it...

thekolbrin.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I used zetatalk because I could get a quote from the Kolbrin on it. The Kolbrin is a real book and can be read in its entirety here. It is in a PDF format so I could not copy and paste from it...

"The Hobbit" is a real book, too, but I wouldn't cite it as being an accurate portrayal of reality. Is the whole purpose of this thread to advertise the Kolbrin Bible?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012

Mother Shipton purportedly died on 1561 but up until 1641, there were really no records of her existence. So when a certain Richard Head surfaced and claimed to be her biographer in 1684, his statements were received rather poorly. Soon enough, it was proven that his biography of Mother Shipton was nothing more than a figment of his imagination.

In the 18th century, another man took advantage of the legend of Mother Shipton and he went by the name of Charles Hindley. He was the editor of 1862 version of her so-called prophecy which made it to print for the first time. Later on, Hindley confessed that it was all fabricated and he made it himself.

Without sufficient evidence or even any trace of her existence, Mother Shipton is nothing but a myth. And a myth can never be used to support a theory or a fact.

That's really cool dude, so you're like 500, 600 years old huh? That's amazing! You know, cuz for you to know that she wasn't around in the 1500's and the subsequent prophecies of hers were just made up by some dude a century later, you'd have to be there. Bc then you'd just be reciting things you don't really know too, and that would put you on level terms with the people you're going against?

People can be made to disappear. From the observable world and from the records of said world. It can happen today so it could sure as hell happen in the 1500's. Heck, history is constantly being rewritten. Sources cherry picked. So you really don't know much. I'm not claiming she and her predictions are real but really, you can't say they're not.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I wonder if a large enough comet, passing close enough to our gravitational field, could exert enough pull to makes volcanoes erupt by pulling magma out towards the crust. Kind of like our moon does to our tides. Interesting theory.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

"The Hobbit" is a real book, too, but I wouldn't cite it as being an accurate portrayal of reality.

Tolkien spent many years researching mythology. The book is steeped in it.. Sometimes it can be difficult separating reality from fiction.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by acteur8
I don't want to hijack the thread, but does anyone remember seeing a comet in the night sky in the late 90's? I don't think it was a bad omen.

Yes, I remember watching a comet from my front porch for a couple of weeks. I think it was Hale/Bop, but I could be mistaken.

Yeah, it was a bad omen. Look where our country is today.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If we're approaching the rift, or gravity plane of the great central star of the galaxy, that some call a black hole, then like the rings of saturn its probably quite littered with debris.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by acteur8

Hey you are not hijacking the thread. I am not saying it is going to be a bad omen. I really do not know. I am seen comets before but the two coming next year and nothing like the ones I have seen in the past. The first one may be visible in the day and the second one may be bright enough to outshine the moon.
In the past people have thought comets omens. If any comets are going to be omens these two are it...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Actually there are a lot of comets we are not aware of. We monitor only a fraction of all the comets in the Solar System so one of them can sneak up on us (Tunguska)
Hope not.

The 'good' thing is that stories from thousands of years ago are talking about the end of mankind in the past but we are still here. I assume those were local events but seemed like the whole world is on fire.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wishful1gnorance

I wonder if a large enough comet, passing close enough to our gravitational field, could exert enough pull to makes volcanoes erupt by pulling magma out towards the crust. Kind of like our moon does to our tides. Interesting theory.

No. Comet nuclei are extremely small and fragile. Their gravitational pull is practically non-existent. In fact, if one strayed too close to the Earth, it is likely that the Earth's gravity would tear it apart! Nevertheless, I can see we are getting set up for another round of Elenin-mania. Who will be the first to claim the recent earthquake in Japan was due to a "cometary alignment?"

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007
reply to post by solargeddon

When does the age of aquarius actually begin ? Just out of interest.

It begins on the 21st of Dec 2012... roughly anyways... at 12:12

I've been hearing beinning dates for the Age of Aquarius as early as 1983, and that was in the early (before then) 1980's. I had never heard a "2012" date until the 2012 hoopla started. Either way, I don't understand why, but it seems we can't pinpoint it exactly, even though it's a celestial measurement. I guess the question is at what degree of the constellation do we consider the age having begun. Anyway, realistically, the date would be "right about now, plus or minus 30 years"

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by wishful1gnorance

No. Comet nuclei are extremely small and fragile. Their gravitational pull is practically non-existent. In fact, if one strayed too close to the Earth, it is likely that the Earth's gravity would tear it apart! Nevertheless, I can see we are getting set up for another round of Elenin-mania. Who will be the first to claim the recent earthquake in Japan was due to a "cometary alignment?"

Well, we are in perfect alignment with the comet right now. Also, my dog is in perfect alignment with your front door, my passenger-side rear brake pads which started squeaking the same day as th earthquake are in perfect alignment with the epicenter of that earthquake. Incidentally, the quake's epicenter was perfectly aligned with the very centernof the HAARP installation.

In other words, as DJW knows, and HOPEFULLY the rest of us, at least anyone who's made it through 6th grade knows, any two points can be connected by a straight line. It takes 3 points to form an "alignment." nevertheless, we'll unfortunately continue to see connections made between events and two objects being "in alignment". Even three in alignment has been shown NOT to have devastating effects. If it did, our population would probably be sitting at around 450, and we'd just be working our way through the stone age. At best.

DJW, sorry to piggyback so much on your post, but it seemed a good chance to expand, with sarcastic allegory, on your point, and hopefully nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand (again.)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
It's interesting. If this is the Age of Aquarius, and Aquarius is called "The Water Carrier", well, a comet, being made of mostly ice, could also be called a "water carrier". Some theories have comets delivering most of the water to supply our oceans.

Now, I don't think this will be an "age of comets"... Comets have always been a part of our reality
What I am proposing, is that, much like how the last 2000 years, the age of pisces, began with Jesus, who's life impacted the entire 2000 year period or "age"... This comet will have a direct impact on how the next 2000 years go.

For those who don't know, the zodiac sign pisces is a fish, which happens to be a symbol of Christianity, and there are famous stories involving Jesus and fish.

Maybe this age will also produce a spiritual teacher?

Try to think of what else a "Water Carrier" and keep an eye out for it cause it should be arriving soon within the next 15- 20 years I guess...

I wonder if people will be studying us 2000 years from now as they try to decipher the meaning of the next age... Wonder what that will be?

I also wanted to throw out there... When all this 2012 hysteria began for me, I came across something that said we were actually skipping past the Age of Aquarius for some reason. I don't know how all that works, but I just remember being bummed out because I am an Aquarius and I thought maybe things might finally start going my way for a change... Now I gotta wait another 22,000 years for my chance again?

Anyway, someone may want to look into that so we know if there is a possibility of it being a different age. What comes after Aquarius?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Why were comets were seen as omens to the peoples of old and why people would take to the hills upon the approach of a comet. I cannot help but wonder if either of these two comets are the return of the dragon that comes when we enter a new age.

or what Mother Shipton refers to as the Dragon..

A fiery dragon will cross the sky
Six times before this earth shall die
Mankind will tremble and frightened be
for the sixth heralds in this prophecy.

For seven days and seven nights
Man will watch this awesome sight.
The tides will rise beyond their ken To bite away the shores and then
The mountains will begin to roar
And earthquakes split the plain to shore

There are many other legends of a object that comes to us from the deep abyss of space when we enter a new age.. Time will tell...

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
What if Dec 21, 2012, is just the beginning marker for this time of comets? Maybe it is the sign on the highway that says, you have entered the age of aquarius, but nothing happens right when you enter the sign.... You only get to the real good stuff when you keep moving, then all of a sudden you're in the center of town before you know it. Maybe these comets are the first signs of aquarius, and maybe it really is the age of the destroyer. The real question is, how far into the age will we make it? If its 2160 years long, will it occur in the first 100 years? Or will it take 1000, or 1500?

Judging by the age of pisces, Christ seems to have been born fairly quickly in the age of pisces. Maybe within the first 30 to 50 years. So perhaps the destroyer will be about the same.

We live in very interesting times and whats to come, we really have no idea, but we do know this, it will be something we've never seen before.
omfg dragons ushering in the age of aquarius?

Revelation 12:16
But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.
I don't subscribe to any religion anymore but those just jumped out at me

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
In the light of recent events I thought I would bump this thread. Today as most of you already know a meteorite hit Russia. Many where injured but no one died. An object was also seen travelling through the sky in Cuba and exploding..

Tonight the comet 'Lemmon will be passing by. It will be just be visible to the naked eye if it is dark enough. If you live in the UK it will cross the tail of the big dipper at about 7.30 tonight. The skies are clear here and I live in the best part of Europe for sky watching. So fingers crossed I might see it...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

EVERY KNOWN METEORITE FALL ON EARTH

This map shows every meteorite fall on Earth that we know about; where scientists have found either meteorites or impact craters. Some of these craters and meteorite fragments date as far back as the year 2,300 BCE. The data for the image is from the US Meteorological Society and does not show places where meteorites might have fallen but no trace has yet been found.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I have heard and read that there will be up to 5 comets but then again, I do not know or have anything to back that up...stories and rumors...

It makes me think of the Hopi story of the Blue and Red Kachinas that will be followed by the Purifier.

It will still be neat that a comet is going to be so bright and easy to see.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Does any one have all the other threads, with different and or newer info to add here?

I've seen a few reports since this was last updated, and was just wondering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join