It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013: The Year of the Comets...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Oh my gosh, I'm so excited about this now!
Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I love things like this and will enjoy watching objects during the day in all of their glory.
I've been waiting for Betelgeuse to blow so I could see it shining during the day and night too but now I don't have to wait for that, I can just watch a comet pass at all hours.
I'm honestly really excited about this, none of this is sarcasm for once and I'm a very sarcastic person.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

The strategy that Wernher Von Braun taught me was that first the Russians are going to be considered to be the enemy. In fact, in 1974, they were the enemy, the identified enemy. We were told that they had "killer satellites". We were told that they were coming to get us and control us-that they were "Commies."

Then terrorists would be identified, and that was soon to follow. We heard a lot about terrorism. Then we were going to identify third-world country "crazies." We now call them Nations of Concern. But he said that would be the third enemy against whom we would build space-based weapons.

The next enemy was asteroids. Now, at this point he kind of chuckled the first time he said it. Asteroids- against asteroids we are going to build space-based weapons.

And the funniest one of all was what he called aliens, extraterrestrials. That would be the final scare. And over and over and over during the four years that I knew him and was giving speeches for him, he would bring up that last card. "And remember Carol, the last card is the alien card. We are going to have to build space-based weapons against aliens and all of it is a lie."

source

Whether Carol Rosin fabricated the words of the late Von Braun --- I find it very fascinating that 2013 may very well be littered with media hype over the comets/astroids of next year.
Time will tell how far the media/government decides to take this upcoming "Threat".

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Greetings ATS.... According to The Wave Series Transcripts, the planet X, or the Anunnaki home world "Nibiru" that Zackariah Sitchen describes is really a comet cluster that is the physical manifestation of an energy wave which, as it passes an area it changes the vibrational frequency.
Earth apparently, is some sort of a convergence point. Thus, expect a realm border crossing, which then creates a pole shift, then a convergence of all linear time lines. A rebooting (balancing) of the matrix that creates a "level playing field"?
www.focusonrecovery.net...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Comets might be a beautiful sight in the sky when they're passing by, but they might be carrying deadly viruses. Maybe even a virus that may kill off most of us some day. Comets might be dangerous for us, even when they don't hit the Earth. Just saying...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Interesting. If its the age of Aquarius... I'm an Aquarius, so I know that Aquarius is commonly known as "The Water Carrier". Isn't a comet essentially "A water carrier"?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Comets might be a beautiful sight in the sky when they're passing by, but they might be carrying deadly viruses. Maybe even a virus that may kill off most of us some day. Comets might be dangerous for us, even when they don't hit the Earth. Just saying...

I think that is probable.

That idea becomes the basis of the next 12 months of doomsday hype.

Not sure if I can go down that road.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Interesting. If its the age of Aquarius... I'm an Aquarius, so I know that Aquarius is commonly known as "The Water Carrier". Isn't a comet essentially "A water carrier"?

Wow... I had never put 2 & 2 together on that one! That's verrrrrrrry interesting.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cartesia

And where is a deadly virus that could wipe out the earth likely to be hiding?

Water in space.

Are you sure you want to put 2 and 2 together?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Because they were ignorant of what they are. We now what they are, where they come from and even how they were made...

Many myths talk about objects crossing the sky with distarous events occurring. Maybe they were not ignorant. Maybe it was us that is ignorant. think they remembered something we have now forget

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoFeelsitKnowsit

One of her prophecies....

And before the race is built anew, a silver serpent comes to view and spew out men of like unknown to mingle with the earth now grown cold from its heat and these men can enlighten the minds of future man to intermingle and show them how to live and love and thus endow. the children with the second sight. a natural thing so that they might grow graceful, humble and when they do the golden age will start anew.

I don't know about you, but I think the second sight refers to the Third Eye.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Government adviser in fight to 'save Earth' against devastating solar storms expected to knock out National Grid in 2013..

A space professor from Oxfordshire is battling 'to save Earth' from a solar storm that experts fear will wreak worldwide chaos next year.
Professor Mike Hapgood, who chairs the Space Environment Impacts Experts Group (SEIEG) and advises the Government on space weather, says solar storms, generated by an outburst from the sun, are set to knock out national power grids and Global Positioning Systems.
He believes magnetic rays from the storm will result in widespread blackouts which will plunge homes and businesses into darkness

www.dailymail.co.uk... html

Looks like next year will be an interesting year for people who like watching the skies..! Myself included...
Make sure you stock up on candles, torches and batteries...!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
What if the comet carries a red dust with the water and as it gets very close to the earth it gives off this red water dust, it would then rain from the skys and the prophesy would be fullfilled. Just a thought?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Mother Shipton purportedly died on 1561 but up until 1641, there were really no records of her existence. So when a certain Richard Head surfaced and claimed to be her biographer in 1684, his statements were received rather poorly. Soon enough, it was proven that his biography of Mother Shipton was nothing more than a figment of his imagination.

In the 18th century, another man took advantage of the legend of Mother Shipton and he went by the name of Charles Hindley. He was the editor of 1862 version of her so-called prophecy which made it to print for the first time. Later on, Hindley confessed that it was all fabricated and he made it himself.

Without sufficient evidence or even any trace of her existence, Mother Shipton is nothing but a myth. And a myth can never be used to support a theory or a fact.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hellbjorn012

I do not know much about the origin of Mother Shipton. But she did seem to predict things like some wars pretty well..

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Either we're passing through a "high traffic area" of space, or we're just more aware of things thanks to the internet. It may be a fantastic year for meteorite hunters. Gotta dust off our metal detectors.....

There are many more "eyes on the skies" these days. There are fleets of spacecraft monitoring the Solar System and a vast network of ground based observers sharing information at the speed of light. Naturally, we are much more aware of interplanetary activity that would have been beyond the ability of our ancestors to perceive.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Many myths talk about objects crossing the sky with distarous events occurring. Maybe they were not ignorant. Maybe it was us that is ignorant. think they remembered something we have now forget

Whenever something disastrous occurs, the superstitious are quick to find something that either explains or predicts it. Kings die all the time, but if a comet happens to be passing by, it is viewed as an "omen." If there is no convenient comet, a large storm, earthquake or even the birth of a mutant farm animal will serve as an "omen."

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

2012 has been a pretty quiet year, everyone was expecting major earthquakes every other day, volcanoes etc etc

NOW that it seems 2012 may pass with the earth as we know it going on, they are just revving up for there next doom n gloom predictions. It always happens when the doomers feel a major doomsday isnt gonna be fulfilled that they placed there bets on.. I seen it dozens of times here its a never ending cycle.

edit on 10-12-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Bud I am not a doom and gloomer. This is the first post I have made on the subject. I am not saying something is going to happen. I really dont know either way. I do find it interesting however and I think it is worthy of discussion.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Bud I am not a doom and gloomer. This is the first post I have made on the subject. I am not saying something is going to happen. I really dont know either way. I do find it interesting however and I think it is worthy of discussion.

It sure is worthy of discussion but why the doomsday prophecy's? Why cant comet sightings and passing's ever be cheerful and upbeat? Getting a chance to see something that maybe hasn't passed around us in hundreds of years.

No its gotta be tied into cataclysm and destruction every single freaking time on ATS, but its your thread so i wont derail it.

Continue on.
edit on 10-12-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Why would anyone use zeta talk as a source? The op seems way to smart and sane for zetatalk but the good thing is if it's talked about on zetatalk then we know it wont happen!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join