It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013: The Year of the Comets...

page: 1,
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Some ancient cultures referred to them as "the Menace of the Universe" and "the Harbinger of Doom." Comets have almost universally been viewed by the ancients as messengers or omens carrying bad news from the gods.
In the midst of our busy lives it's difficult to keep in mind that we reside on a ball that's corkscrewing through space around a ball of gas called our sun, which is also sweeping through our galaxy.
The ancients didn't have distractions like TVs and the Internet. They looked to the sky for clues and guidance for life on Earth, and comets brought mythology of angry gods and instilled fear in them.

www.activistpost.com...

Well it looks like in the year 2013 two big comets are going to pass by us. The first comet, named C/2011 L4 (PANSTARRS) is expected to pass by on 13th of March. It may be bright enough to be seen in the day.

The second comet 2012 S1 (ISON). This in the one I am really looking forward too.. It will be visible from 28th November 2013 and may be visible into the year 2014. This comet has been labelled a once in a civilisation event because it might be outshine the moon in the sky...

Why were comets were seen as omens to the peoples of old and why people would take to the hills upon the approach of a comet. I cannot help but wonder if either of these two comets are the return of the dragon that comes when we enter a new age.

It is said that when we enter a new age. A cleanser comes to wipe the earth afresh.

The Kobrin:

Men forget the days of the Destroyer. Only the wise know where it went and that it will return in its appointed hour. It raged across the Heavens in the days of wrath, and this was it's likeness: It was as a billowing cloud of smoke enwrapped in a ruddy glow, not distinguishable in joint or limb. Its mouth was an abyss from which came flame, smoke and hot cinders.

When ages pass, certain laws operate upon the stars in the Heavens. Their ways change, there is movement and restlessness, they are no longer constant and a great light appears redly in the skies. When blood drops upon the Earth, the Destroyer will appear and mountains will open up and belch forth fire and ashes. Trees will be destroyed and all living things engulfed. Waters will be swallowed up by the land and seas will boil. The Heavens will burn brightly and redly, there will be a copper hue over the face of the land, followed by a day of darkness. A new moon will appear and break up and fall.

www.zetatalk.com...

For those that have not read the Kobrin and would like too.. It can be found here..
thekolbrin.com...

or what Mother Shipton refers to as the Dragon..

A fiery dragon will cross the sky
Six times before this earth shall die
Mankind will tremble and frightened be
for the sixth heralds in this prophecy.

For seven days and seven nights
Man will watch this awesome sight.
The tides will rise beyond their ken To bite away the shores and then
The mountains will begin to roar
And earthquakes split the plain to shore

There are many other legends of a object that comes to us from the deep abyss of space when we enter a new age.. Time will tell...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Awesome thread!

The description of the second comet, fits perfectly. Well if your on the same page as I, check this out.

I was just reading some thing the other night, an Apache prophecy. In which a striking comparison may be drawn between these two subjects. From the source, a quoted sample;

"This, then, is the third sign, the night of the bleeding stars. It will become known throughout the world, for the sky in all lands will be red with the blood of the sky, day and night. It is then, with this sign of the third probable future, that there is no longer hope. Life on the Earth as man has lived it will come to an end, and there can be no turning back, physically or spiritually. It is then, if things are not changed during the second sign, that man will surely know the destruction of the Earth is at hand. It is then that the children of the Earth must run to the wild places and hide. For when the sky bleeds fire, there will be no safety in the world of man."

The third sign

Now, perhaps its me, but is there a chance?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Thank you for Grandfathers Messages of the Possible Futures. It was a good read. The first two have been completed. We can hope the night of the bleeding stars does not happen. But really it does not look like we have changed our ways much. We still destroy each other and our earth around for greed...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I can see why the appearance of comets would have been a harbinger of doom to the ancients, as they had no way of knowing if it would pass, or hit the earth and cause massive devastation.

A relative of mine was born as Halley's Comet passed overhead, and they said that she was an unlucky person, born under an evil omen. This was in the early part of the last century (1919, I think). It didn't help that she was left-handed ,either....

It seems to me that there are a lot more objects in the sky lately, and I'm wondering if it's because we're in a certain position in the universe in which these things are congregated.

There was a thread yesterday about an object headed in our direction, no name and moving fast. I looked up on Spaceweather.com, and it talked about Toutatis 4179, passing close by in a few days. One and the same, or different? I'm not enough of an astronomer to know.

Either we're passing through a "high traffic area" of space, or we're just more aware of things thanks to the internet. It may be a fantastic year for meteorite hunters. Gotta dust off our metal detectors.....

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

It seems to me that there are a lot more objects in the sky lately, and I'm wondering if it's because we're in a certain position in the universe in which these things are congregated.

I was thinking the same and was wondering if stuff is getting pulled out of the oort cloud. My gf saw a fireball punch a hole through the cloud last week. It landed somewhere in the sea...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I've been reading and re-reading and re-re-reading mother shipton's prophecy so much lately.

Very interesting thread. I believe that we will live on into 2013 but the years that follow this year will be filled with turmoil, destruction, hatred and other negative emotions as evil djinns run amok in this world. Everything is becoming increasingly unstable. Can't be afraid, though.

I'm not religious but isn't one of revelations, "Great hailstones shall fall from the sky" Or something. I believe it is a very large possibility. Strange times we are in. I've been seeing some peculiar things in the night skies lately.
edit on 9-12-2012 by WhoFeelsitKnowsit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The Kolbrin is interesting but is it correct? I am very familiar with the passages you mention and have tried to understand them to a tee. As for Mother Shipton, every part of those prophecies are interesting.. I don't know whether Ison is our expected destroyer but it certainly makes you wonder what the hell is if it isn't.
edit on 9-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Some ancient cultures referred to them as "the Menace of the Universe" and "the Harbinger of Doom." Comets have almost universally been viewed by the ancients as messengers or omens carrying bad news from the gods.
Because they were ignorant of what they are. We now what they are, where they come from and even how they were made...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
cool & interesting find OP

i have to say i am myself looking forward to the comet on the Nov. 28th next year...!!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoFeelsitKnowsit

I've been reading and re-reading and re-re-reading mother shipton's prophecy so much lately.

I only started reading Mother Shipton lately.. A lot of it seems spot on..... I hope she is wrong about the return of the dragon though..

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Very good thread, and the possibility of their being a relation to a comet and a dragon is real. I know that we are going to have an interesting 2013 with the comets and some asteroids on their way to closely encounter us. It will make a great year for discussions here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Very interesting. Thank you for sharing. I'll definitely be checking out those links.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CatrionaBeldame

The Kobrin link is deffo worth a read... I thinks anyways..)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What if Dec 21, 2012, is just the beginning marker for this time of comets? Maybe it is the sign on the highway that says, you have entered the age of aquarius, but nothing happens right when you enter the sign.... You only get to the real good stuff when you keep moving, then all of a sudden you're in the center of town before you know it. Maybe these comets are the first signs of aquarius, and maybe it really is the age of the destroyer. The real question is, how far into the age will we make it? If its 2160 years long, will it occur in the first 100 years? Or will it take 1000, or 1500?

Judging by the age of pisces, Christ seems to have been born fairly quickly in the age of pisces. Maybe within the first 30 to 50 years. So perhaps the destroyer will be about the same.

We live in very interesting times and whats to come, we really have no idea, but we do know this, it will be something we've never seen before.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I tend to think if anything is going to happen regarding 2012. It will happpen sometime after the event. I think that the end of December just marks us entering a new age.... When a seed is planted in the ground it does not sprout right away. Things take time to unfold.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Well it looks like in the year 2013 two big comets are going to pass by us. The first comet, named C/2011 L4 (PANSTARRS) is expected to pass by on 13th of March. It may be bright enough to be seen in the day.

Yay, finally a celestial event on my birthday to look forward to

Just hope its not a Friday next year !

When does the age of aquarius actually begin ? Just out of interest.
edit on 9-12-2012 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

When does the age of aquarius actually begin ? Just out of interest.

It begins on the 21st of Dec 2012... roughly anyways... at 12:12

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Your post started off interested then it goes into dragons? Oh yeah im on ATS lol

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Is that actually the case though, because I didn't think it could be determined by an exact date.

I only question because I have read conflicting information on when we enter this age, plus not really hearing much about it with regards to this date.

You would think more people would be discussing the beginning of the age of aquarius, but it seems to be pretty mute ?!

Shame if the 21st really is the beginning, you would think more people would want to make more of the experience.
edit on 9-12-2012 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Had a google on the Apache Prophecy, and its actually quite interesting, thanks for brining it to our attention.

It looks as though the first two signs have well and truely happend....

The First Sign

In his dream, the spirit spoke to Grandfather. "It is during the years of the famine, the first sign, that man will be plagued by a disease, a disease that will sweep the land and terrorize the masses. The white coats [doctors/scientists] will have no answers for the people, and a great cry will arise across the land. The disease will be born of monkeys, drugs and sex. It will destroy man from inside, making common sickness a killing disease. Mankind will bring this disease upon himself as a result of his life, his worship of sex and drugs, and a life away from Nature. This, too, is a part of the first warning; but, again, man will not heed this warning and he will continue to worship the false gods of sex and the unconscious spirit of drugs." [Author's note: This is presumably a reference to AIDS.]

The Second Sign...

The skin of the sky seemed to be torn open like a series of gaping wounds, and through these wounds seeped a liquid that seemed like the oozing of an infection, a great sea of floating garbage, oil and dead fish. It was through one of these wounds that Grandfather saw the floating bodies of dolphins, accompanied by tremendous upheavals of the Earth and violent storms. As he held fast to the trembling Earth, his eyes fell from the sky, and all about him, all at once, was disaster. Piles of garbage reached to the skies, forests lay cut and dying, coastlines were flooded and storms grew more violent and thunderous. With each passing moment, the Earth shook with greater intensity, threatening to tear apart and swallow Grandfather.

The question is how true is the above ?

With the advent of the internet, and lack of being able to pin down a reliable source, was this predicted years ago ? Or is it an elaborate hoax ?

If it is steeped in truth, then we are in trouble....Seriously.

<<   2  3 >>

join