It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baalbek, wrap your mind around that one..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Without a doubt there are enough threads about these giant construction stones at the Baalbek site in Lebanon but anyways I want to show you this YT discussion on the subject.

This YT vid takes you also to other locations in the world with simular construction mysteries. An investigator take you on site at these different locations and tries to explain some of the construction details. It is a if the quality and technology started off at a very high level and has been diminishing over the ages.

What respectable university has the balls to do an extensive study on this matter and come up with some "acceptable" conclusions? Admiting something weird is going on would be a start.

I must say that I did not do an extended search to see if this YT vid has been brought to ATS before. But I just could not resist to show you this info (again) anyway. I, for one, just can not get enough of it.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Do you guys think maybe they knew how to make concrete and pour it into molds?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Did you know that we can check and see if this was the case??

Do you think it has not been tested??

did you know you can see mineral "veins" in natural rock that will not show up in concrete (unless it is desired for aesthetic reasons)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So let me get this right,,,There is the Baalbeck stone, which is a perfect rectangle block with a portion buried, weighing over 200 tons,,did they really pour this into a mold ? If they did then why is it partially buried ? Why isnt it level? Ive often thought of them making molds especially in Perus macchu picchu , the way the blocks are fat and have that look, but Baalbeck ,In my opinion ,the large one wasnt molded, if they even did that at all. I wish I knew how it got there as well as all the other mysteries, but probly never will.
edit on 9-12-2012 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is probably a null question,and i've only done a small search.
why is there always a 200 ton block??
loads of other sizes but always a 200 tonner,i doubt there's any
importance in it,just needed to ask.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
These stones weigh between 800 & 1100 tons. How the hell they lifted or even moved them I just dont know.

Our history becomes more mysterious by the year.

Anyone know how to move or lift a 1000 ton stone thats 70 ft long and 14 ft square?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
nice documentary .thanks for the post.
Wasn't baalbek built as a temple to baal, wasnt he offered child sacrifices? I believe there is some allusions to this in the bible/

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

These stones weigh between 800 & 1100 tons. How the hell they lifted or even moved them I just dont know.

Our history becomes more mysterious by the year.

Anyone know how to move or lift a 1000 ton stone thats 70 ft long and 14 ft square?

Its easy just tie loads of floats (rafts, wood, barges, water sacs/vessels whatever) to the stone and surround the stone with a waterproof wall. Then flood the area with water from the old spring that sat in the Baalbeck temple. The water conduits are still there. Then all you have to do is push the stone. To raise it just use canal locks, sure this has been said before, its so old even the Stonehenge builders used it.

Will

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

lol i attempted to enter lebanon (93 and 95) on two occasions to view baalbeck and the glass beach. one attempt was overland and the other after being assured of entry by the embassy, bought the ticket, stopped at the airport and then instructed to visit the embassy in london whilst located in manchester. the lack of a university letterhead with professoinal credentials, they informed me was their reason to refuse. anyhoo, got back to base and ordered pictures instead. taking stock, the pics were expensive!
f

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by will2learn

I find the "floating stones" extremely unconvincing, to say the least, just to consider the amount of water required to lift such heavy stones, would require a number of technological advances that would be hard to conceal. Such a feat would leave traces, I think.

Regards

Walter

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Haven't watched the video yet, but on the question of these stones being so perfectly cut, I recall either reading or watching a documentary about certain vegetation that, if moistened and applied to certain types of stone, can act as a softener and allow for cutting of precise edges. I believe I even recall them saying that was how they may have fit the stones together, by applying the vegetation then basically sliding the stones over the top and allowing them to essentially form a perfect shelf to sit on. Will look for a link.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Found it....

Softening Stone with Plant Extracts

Amazingly, a recent ethnological discovery has actually shown that some witch-doctors of the
HUANKA tradition remarkably, use no tools in the making of small stone objects, but in fact still
use a chemical solution made from plant extracts to actually soften the stone material!

According to Dr. Davidovits, in a paper that was written by Dr. Davidovits, A. Bonnett and
A.M. Marriote and presented at the 21st International Symposium for Archaeometry at
Brookhaven National Laboratory in New York, USA in 1981:

“The starting stone material (silicate or silico-aluminate) is dissolved by the organic extracts,
and the viscous slurry is then poured into a mould where it hardens. This technique, when
mastered, allows a sort of cement to be made by dissolving rocks; statues which could have been
made by the technique of the pre-incan HUANKA, by dissolution followed by geopolymeric
agglomeration, are found to contain Ca-oxalate in the stone.”

From Earth's Forbidden Secrets

Link is to a pdf of the book part one.....search for the word "softening" in the text and you can read all about it...very interesting stuff. The book is a good read in general, though some references are questionable, but the stone softening technique seems to be validated.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmegoth
reply to post by will2learn

I find the "floating stones" extremely unconvincing, to say the least, just to consider the amount of water required to lift such heavy stones, would require a number of technological advances that would be hard to conceal. Such a feat would leave traces, I think.

Walter

there are 'traces', massive canal systems all over the ancient world, locks aplenty, Baalbeck has the meter wide gutters, so does virtually every ancient site with massive stones.

Steven Meyers does a great job reconstructing the lifting mechanism for Cheops, which was sitting on a great water source. They all knew how to float, even a monkey can use a log as a raft. Are u suggesting the ancient could cut these stones but could not tie a rope

Will

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Found it....

Softening Stone with Plant Extracts

Amazingly, a recent ethnological discovery has actually shown that some witch-doctors of the
HUANKA tradition remarkably, use no tools in the making of small stone objects, but in fact still
use a chemical solution made from plant extracts to actually soften the stone material!

According to Dr. Davidovits, in a paper that was written by Dr. Davidovits, A. Bonnett and
A.M. Marriote and presented at the 21st International Symposium for Archaeometry at
Brookhaven National Laboratory in New York, USA in 1981:

“The starting stone material (silicate or silico-aluminate) is dissolved by the organic extracts,
and the viscous slurry is then poured into a mould where it hardens. This technique, when
mastered, allows a sort of cement to be made by dissolving rocks; statues which could have been
made by the technique of the pre-incan HUANKA, by dissolution followed by geopolymeric
agglomeration, are found to contain Ca-oxalate in the stone.”

From Earth's Forbidden Secrets

Link is to a pdf of the book part one.....search for the word "softening" in the text and you can read all about it...very interesting stuff. The book is a good read in general, though some references are questionable, but the stone softening technique seems to be validated.

These guys are funny, they would need industrial levels of plant production to produce enough resin to soften the stones of the ancient world. They would be doing it just to make the stones look like natural stones again. Why not just cut the things in the first place, it requires less effort and move the big ones with water.

This theory is just Davidovitz wanting to make his geopolymers seem a little more interesting by associating them with Cheops. In reality it is just the cements, clays and fired pots that he is extending to modern levels. ITs ridiculous, only reason its received so much publicity is because the PR is funded by a big cement co,.

Another guy suggested bird spit, I mean how do you collect enough bird spit to melt a rock. These guys are comedians.

Will

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Interesting explanation..but, why go through the trouble in the first place if you cannot lift the damn thing..? Besides the cutting of some of the rocks the lifting part I find more interesting.

Another thing that I would like to know is if these giant blocks at Baalbek are only used for foundation to support walls or also used for the floor area. It could shed some light (if any) on the purpose for using massive weight. I guess it would not be just for artistic reasons.....

The guy in the vid also mentioned that not only lifting the blocks would requier some extraordinairy technology but placing them with the evidential accuracy would also be a problem to solve... in our time that is.

Anyways, I am looking forward to read the book of Enoch again because this guy pops up in many of these cases....there must be something true in what is written.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt
reply to post by zatara

lol i attempted to enter lebanon (93 and 95) on two occasions to view baalbeck and the glass beach. one attempt was overland and the other after being assured of entry by the embassy, bought the ticket, stopped at the airport and then instructed to visit the embassy in london whilst located in manchester. the lack of a university letterhead with professoinal credentials, they informed me was their reason to refuse. anyhoo, got back to base and ordered pictures instead. taking stock, the pics were expensive!
f

Care to share some of these pics with us..I would love to see them. And what is this glass beach about..the left-over of a nuclear blast maybe..any pics of that too?

Thx

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

i've moved several times since the pics, however i will try and find them pls don't hold breath! i do remember seeing similar pics in a few geology books a number of years ago.
f.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Let's face it....the Romans built Baalbeck and they were more than capable.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by midicon

The romans wer ev e rygreat

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
cant you guys admit the hypothesis of sound levitation?

new topics

top topics

join