It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elijah's Sparrows.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
When i was pregnant with my son Elijah 6 years ago,i felt so sick that i spent most days laying down on the couch in my lounge,watching TV.One day a pair of Sparrows pitched up by the lounge window-pecking at the window,staring in at us,trying to get in,by the looks of it.For hours each day,for months on end.My whole family found this utterly charming,maybe even a bit puzzling.
After he was born,they stopped pecking and trying to get in,but they stayed,making a nest in our wall,the outer side of a ventilation brick was broken,and when the mining company had all the employees' homes renovated,i made sure contractors kept that broken ventbrick as is.
Yesterday afternoon,i walked into the lounge,to the loud chirping and singing of sparrows,i think they had their own bebbehs recently

Such a small thing,at the same time such a joy.Just thought i'd share.One sometimes overlooks the simplest,smallest beauties and wonderments of life-i was in a saddish frame of mind,depressed re a family-in-law matter,and i just felt my heart really,really cheered by the sounds of Elijah's sparrows and their descendants.
Btw,there's a belief,Judaic/Israelite,if memory serves,that Sparrows bring the souls of the unborn from the Guff.
Ive always loved sparrows,since reading a wonderful children's book about sparrows by writer W.A.Hickey,when i was a young child,this plain "boring" little breed of bird always had a special place in my heart.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I used to work on the norfolk broads with a very keen bird watcher, I was a very keen fisherman.
Some of my fav moments were just taking in the pleasure of it all as I fished. With my friends knowledge to explain the subtlties I hadn't noticed before.

Yeah some things simply are simply beautiful.

edit on 9-12-2012 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
There was a movie in the 80's called The Seventh Sign that used sparrows in this way. You might enjoy it, although I don't remember it being particularly good.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Sparrows are my favourite of all the birds.. If I come back as a bird I want to be a sparrow...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
What a charming story. I love birds, I think your sparrows were trying to tell you something, although I couldn't say what. lol Does your son have an affinity for birds? I love what you named your son too. Elijah meaning "the Lord is my God" in Hebrew.

"To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony." -- William Henry Channing (1810-1884)

www.myfavoriteezines.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Such a small thing,at the same time such a joy.Just thought i'd share. One sometimes overlooks the simplest,smallest beauties and wonderments of life...

beautiful - thank you for sharing that

The building where I live has hundreds of sparrows that live inside the ivy that covers several of the outside walls

You can hear them all start twittering in there around dawn before they start emerging for the day - and then in the evening they start gathering just outside it, singing up a storm as they come back for the night. The singing reduces back to this low murmuring kind of twitter as they enter the ivy and it all goes quiet just before it starts to get really dark

Simple - lovely - one of my favorite things too

They're just starting up now - as I write this

:-)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

Yes,with Demi Moore,i recall that flic,she died so that her baby could live,something about the Guff being empty,and through her dying,somehow it became full of souls again.I quite enjoyed that one at the time,actually,sad/beautiful ending.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

We have amazing bird life here too,glorious colors.I specially like the African Pied Wagtail,a l'il white and black bird.Had a charming happening with one of them too,about a year ago.My kids and i were in the car,the parking lot of the grocery store,the hubby quickly nipped in for bread+catfood or whatever.This lil Wagtail flew down to the bonnet of our car,and came and sat on the other side of the windscreen and Stared at me,so intently,right at me.If some one passed right by the car,it flew up for those few seconds,and came right back to staring at me.Me+the kids were enchanted.This went on for about 5-10 minutes,till some one walked past the car and hubby returned just then,too.A really nice experience,lovely lil bird type this,also.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

On the rare occasions im in the lounge at night,if there's a movie i particularly want to watch,its sooo nice to hear them rustling about+the occasional chirp-just something so comforting about it.They are just the dearest l'il things :-)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Hii :-) i think its me they're drawn to,my son's a dog and cat person,he's never showed much interest in birdlife.I can be sitting outside anytime,anywhere,and in a few minutes,a bird will pitch up and alight very close to me in a tree,or even on the ground.Birds just seem to really like me,for some reason.Some say they are the messengers of heaven.I take their presence as a blessing on me when it happens,i have a very intimate relationship with the Earth,with the soil itself,nature,and the sky,of course.I dont Worship the Earth,in a pagan or any religious sense,its a more natural shamanistic way,a completely individualistic and intuitive way of relating to our Mother as an actual living being/entity with her/its own very distinct awareness and sentience.Just a natural relationship,like with my children.Thank you for the compliment of my son's name.It was chosen because Elijah was a great prophet,and i had a sort of fore-knowing that it would suit.Indeed,for a 6yr old,he has in the past 1+half years come up with astounding yet simple theories on the nature of reality and our collective origins-things he did Not hear from us.Also,he's good at telepathy,and he inherited some of his dad's abilities to see into the spiritworld.So yeah:-D that turned out to be a not unsuitable name.Bless you.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Oh and i forgot to say,thank you for the link,i really enjoyed reading those.Some very wise words there, indeed:-)

new topics

top topics

join