It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quadriplegic Man Robbed of iPhone He Used to Communicate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There was a story in news a year or two ago here where a group or teenagers beat a blind guy with his own cane then robbed him of his disability check.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I just had my car broken into twice in the past several months to steal my handicap tag. Apparently they have black market value. who knew?

Some people are screwed up. That is all there is too it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Can't speak for the US but over here in blighty the local supermarkets tend to have about 4 parent & child parking spaces compared to about 400 for disabled vehicles! There is your black market.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I have only seen one of those in the US ever, the parent and child. Lord I wish there were more of them.
We need to catch on to that.

As for the handicap tag, some of it is local, in my city you get free meter parking if you are handicap.

Only recenlty, has the Department of Motor Vehicles allowed the police department to tap into their handicap portion of their computer, so hopefully they will start busting more people.

It is to the point where most places, the handicap parking is filled up, especially at walmart *rolls eyes*

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

A police officer here in Pennsylvania told me that a space in a parking lot can be painted with a handicap symbol and be blue in color... but, if there is no sign that says that the space is for 'handicapped only' AND have the fines for illegally parking in the space listed ON THE SIGN, they can't write them a ticket!

I have taken notice, because I like to look at WHO is parking in the handicapped spots, and there are many parking lots with marked spaces, but no signs.

That is freaking looney. I really wonder about our lawmakers sometimes.

edit on 10-12-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

Originally posted by unphased

Originally posted by andy06shake
They will steal the milk out your tea these days. Time was even a thief had some honor! I hope they catch the sod and cut the hands off him!

edit on 9-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

Shari'a law would have the same punishment...................

hope you're not one of ATS's outspoken opponents of "creeping shari'a"
edit on 9-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

Im talking Glasgow law, never mind Sharia! Hope you are not one of these racist anti-muslim trolls! LoL
edit on 9-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

Close! I'm actually just a musim..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by unphased

"Close! I'm actually just a musim.."

Technically you are a Human being, first and foremost.

It takes all sorts to make this world. If i was to sum up my religious ideologies i would have to say im a Protestant that tends to lean more toward the Buddhist belief system.

The thieving little swine still deserves atleast a few broken fingers IMHO!

edit on 11-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I just had my car broken into twice in the past several months to steal my handicap tag. Apparently they have black market value. who knew?

Some people are screwed up. That is all there is too it.

Everybody wants to borrow my handicap sign. Saying stuff like " you're so lucky you get to park close, can i use it to go to a sporting event or concert". Why on earth would I lend it out? I could just slap them in the face when they say I'm lucky. Sure hope mine isn't stolen. That's awful people would do that just to park closer.

Last week my pain medication was stolen out of my purse and I was robbed in the hospital when I had my bag on my bed and my back was turned, sitting in my wheelchair. I lost all my ID, my phone, money, etc. . Things I needed to communicate and for accessibility reasons. These thieves go into hospitals stealing from patients. The main doors aren't locked until 11 pm. Anybody can just walk in.

I've been robbed so many times in the past year from people who take advantage of the less advantaged. It's really cruel.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Kids these days...can't believe the fate of the planet lies in the hands of these types of bone bags. I know there are kids out there doing great things, but they seem to be few and far between. BUMMER.

At least this kid will have a future career as a bench warmer for the State Pen. or working in a nursing home (thievery runs wild in those places).

Hopefully they can locate this little turd and throw the book at him! Can't they activate the phones GPS (sorry if that's been brought up already)?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

A police officer here in Pennsylvania told me that a space in a parking lot can be painted with a handicap symbol and be blue in color... but, if there is no sign that says that the space is for 'handicapped only' AND have the fines for illegally parking in the space listed ON THE SIGN, they can't write them a ticket!

I have taken notice, because I like to look at WHO is parking in the handicapped spots, and there are many parking lots with marked spaces, but no signs.

That is freaking looney. I really wonder about our lawmakers sometimes.

edit on 10-12-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

The spots we park in have signs as well as the blue paint. My sign has a permit number assigned to me. If I forget my sign, we don't park in the handicap spots. Don't want to get towed.

I imagine with the Xmas shopping parking squeeze, everybody wants one.
I keep saying don't leave shopping bags on display to attract thieves, but never thought they might just want a sign. Unfortunately it can't be hidden. It's not a sticker, it hangs on the mirror.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Truly a shame what goes on today, I would certainly love to run into this cockroach of the human scum

I had this posted to my FB page and it dose work.

(How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone? )
To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following Digits on your phone
*#06#
A 15-digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe.
If your phone is stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

edit on 11/12/2012 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join