It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quadriplegic Man Robbed of iPhone He Used to Communicate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Quadriplegic Man Robbed of iPhone He Used to Communicate

www.nbcnewyork.com

A quadriplegic man with cerebral palsy is missing the phone that gave him a voice when a teenager stole it off his wheelchair, he says.

William Washington, 38, is unable to walk, use his hands or talk, and he could only watch as the phone was taken right off the tray of his wheelchair in the lobby of his Staten Island apartment building Nov. 8. Washington was on the iPhone at the time using a special pointer to type a message that would be spoken with voice technology. According to police, a teenager grabbed it and ran.

Washington described feeling helpless and "scarred." Without his i
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
What in the what is going on. Im so sick of this. Every time I hear of a story that I think cant get topped in cruelty, this happens.

And yet, the victim in this shows the TRUE nature of a great human being. He said he wasnt mad, he found out he still was able to have a voice to the world. Truly inspiring!!!

www.nbcnewyork.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
They will steal the milk out your tea these days. Time was even a thief had some honor! I hope they catch the sod and cut the hands off him!

edit on 9-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I worked with mentally challenged & disabled for many years, they get robbed frequently, because they are easy targets. These stories are always ridiculous.

How much further down can we lower the bar on these types of crimes as a species?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Merry Christmas, quadriplegic person!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This is obviously a sad story.

But.

My mind immediately turned to; what kind of person steals from a quadriplegic man?

SS
edit on 053131p://am3101 by Spike Spiegle because: My

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yes easy targets.

It truly is cruel to take a device or aid that a disabled person relies on, simply because they're missing that function in their body.
These thieves have so much more than the person they stole from. That's what makes me angry. They don't realize it. It's the ultimate act of selfishness.
edit on 9-12-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I would not promote violence, but if I needed to help this youngster by punching him in his throat, then I would try to be that helpful person.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
This is obviously a sad story.

But.

My mind immediately turned to; what kind of person steals from a quadriplegic man?

SS
edit on 053131p://am3101 by Spike Spiegle because: My
The kind of person that our society seems to be turning out today.

I don't know if it is just my age showing or what, but I don't remember this kind of trash existing in the numbers that they seem to be now, compared to when I was younger.
edit on 9-12-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Disgust is what comes to mind.
2nd

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Penalties for those who victimize the handicapped, the elderly, and children should be so severe that it would be almost unthinkable for these subhuman pieces of crap to prey on said helpless people.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'll never get why some threads are moved and some aren't.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I think if there was a way, I'd buy the guy a new iphone, but my funds are very low right now

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is why these types of devices need a kill switch so they can never be activated, (except by the owner), even with a new card in them. They wouldn't be such a stolen item if that was the case. I feel terrible for that man, there are some really messed up people.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
They will steal the milk out your tea these days. Time was even a thief had some honor! I hope they catch the sod and cut the hands off him!

Shari'a law would have the same punishment...................

hope you're not one of ATS's outspoken opponents of "creeping shari'a"
edit on 9-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Unfortunately this is 2012... Quadriplegic individuals are still in need of much help and care, and now security... and a lot of kids are just a damn ridiculous problem..

Once upon a time, people didn't get uncomfortable when a 16 year old came around.. smh

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased

Originally posted by andy06shake

Shari'a law would have the same punishment...................

hope you're not one of ATS's outspoken opponents of "creeping shari'a"
edit on 9-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

Im talking Glasgow law, never mind Sharia! Hope you are not one of these racist anti-muslim trolls! LoL

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I bet some will come up with a new phone for this person. There are still some good folks out there.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I agree some good samaritan out there thats not quite financially destitute yet will step up and sort the poor dude out with a new phone.

STEP UP APPLE do something good for once!
edit on 10-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

You would like to think that what goes around comes around. I don't like wishing ill on others but in this case, hopefully something really #ty will happen to the teenager concerned.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join