It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AutoZone Worker Saves Boss From Armed Robber, Gets Fired

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
Bit silly if you ask me. He was much more likely to have gotten shot because he pulled a gun.

Perhaps he should have waited until an innocent person got killed first...

I'm never shopping at AutoZone again. It's pretty clear they could care less about their employees safety. On the other hand, I carry, so I guess it would be up to me to keep myself and other from getting killed.

The owner of the local place where I buy Gold and Silver, he carries openly in his store. That's legal in Texas (to carry openly in your place of business). The local postage store owner carries in his store as well.

Neither have ever been robbed. Probably never will be. Gee, wonder why?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I can legally bring my gun to work and leave it in my vehicle.

I can carry my gun to my office, as long as it's concealed. It does me no good in my car.

Take a look at this video. If an active shooter comes into your workplace, you'd be glad someone like me was there. Otherwise, your fate is to hide while your co-workes get slaughtered. Then when the shooter finds you, you're forced to defend yourself with a fire extinguisher and a chair. Like I always say, "never bring a fire extinguisher and a chair to a ginfight".

This video was produced by the City of Houston. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Notice at the 20 second mark. The building's guard is unarmed.

Then notice at the 59 second mark. That sign on the door is a Texas "30.06" sign. The only legal sign in Texas that can keep someone from carrying in a building (unless it's a school). A lot of good it did to keep the shooter from coming in.

Watch the video. Watch the sheep get slaughtered and run and bleat in panic. All becuase of that sign. No guns. Makes it safe, you know....

Then watch the second video. And watch as a Real Citizen mans up and defends his life and the lives of others.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 9-12-2012 by davjan4 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
but the "right" thing is a matter of personal perspective.

The "right" thing in this case had been decided long before the robber walked through the door.

Autozone had discussed the issue of armed robberies and decided that they never wanted a shootout in the store to occur, and that employees were to follow certain instructions to ensure maximum safety of people, even if that meant loss of Autozone property and/or revenue.

This gunslinger said "to hell with that"!

You're outside of your mind. Have you never seen a robber walk in, demand the money, have it promptly handed to him and then shoot the person who handed it to him?

This happens more than you would think. Anytime someone pulls a firearm it should be treated with respect.

The employee did the proper thing, by not allowing the robber the opportunity to feel as if he could just blast.

The robber knew if I shoot, there will be return fire... This was not about protecting another mans money, but protecting another mans life.

Just because nobody got killed doesn't mean that nobody would have had the employee not grabbed his piece.

In other words, if he followed the autozone directive, somebody might have been dead.

In reality, what happened, happened... nobody was hurt. It's impossible to say if it happened another way nobody still would have been hurt.
edit on 9-12-2012 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Laykilla

That's my point exactly.

The human factor within corporate policy. it's non existent.

Very well said.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laykilla
You're outside of your mind.
The employee did the proper thing, by not allowing the robber the opportunity to feel as if he could just blast.

Let me clarify then.
The issue is this thread is not whether the employee had a gun or not. I really personally couldnt care one way or the other.
The issue here is Autozone firing the guy. Thats what this thread, and the outrage, is all about.

Many companies create many stupid rules. I know the one I works for certainly does, and many of us wonder who in management had come up with that moronic rule. But we follow them knowing that if we dont, we get fired.
The "right" thing to do, is accept you follow the rules, or be fired.

This guy stepped above the rules (and you may choose to call then stupid rules), and got fired.
What is "proper" in society is not always "proper" in the employ of a company.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join