It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AGE OLD question? WHERE IS and who is ACTUALLY talking to God, aka Source Entity or Origin

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I know that you have a lot of crazy ideas with little to no coherency. And I know that you keep ducking in and out of pretending to know anything about being divine, then use riddles as a smokescreen while you swiftly withdraw to the realm of obscurity, and then claim that we're just too slow to catch answers that you guarantee are floating invisibly in the air, if we could just stop thinking and accept what you are telling us.

Yes, I have been keeping up with your game quite well. And honestly, I haven't learned much.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Some people I like to talk to with riddles.

Tell me. What answers are you looking for?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Dear LittleByLittle,

What a wonderfully eclectic selection of songs. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

As are you. It would appear you are attempting to elevate your status in relation to the rest of mankind. Not a wise move.

The challenge clearly stated that they had to find a source of light, which does not come from stars, and cannot be found on earth, asteroids, or meteorites. I was fully in the clear to respond the way that I did, because the "inner light" of spiritual ascendance is a human trait, found only in humans, and only on earth. Which means that it fails to fulfill the regulations of my challenge.

As for the rest, they're all empty phrases. You try to judge my actions, words, and self-confidence by your own measure. That is not a "wise move," because you know so very little about me. Your own bias, and preconceived opinions, are bound to shade your interpretation. Please try to see me for who I reveal myself to be, not who you wish I was.

My, my, we ARE condescending, aren't we?

If you say so. I like to call it honesty. If you'd rather a world of sugar-coated lies, and empty platitudes which make you feel better, be my guest. That's not my world though.

Perhaps you should return when you are better prepared to carry a civilized conversation instead of attacking people because you misunderstand the point they're trying to make

There was no point. Vet does not understand paganism, mythology, or the evolution of religious symbolism and ritual. Instead of making an honest effort to learn, which either of us could happily help them with, they choose instead to throw half-formed mockeries my way.

When playing with children one cannot always be civil, for civility is not necessarily a quality they possess.

fail to understand their humor when they try to lighten the subject

I joked about too, took the name-calling in good-humor. But if Vet is just trying to troll, then perhaps they should go and find someplace where their inannities will be more welcomed. Say, Meme Base, or Reddit, or 4chan.

If they wished to understand WHERE the source is, and WHY it isn't talking, then they should have paid attention, because I was trying to answer both of those questions.

Oh well. I guess some people just cannot handle cold, honest, frankness.

The world isn't kind, and neither am I.

I also like the way you jump back and forth between the New Age love-woo spirituality, where everybody should be kind, courteous, and act with civility... and your hard-edge "everyone would look for a truth they're comfortable with, before accepting objective reality" stance as you belittle Christians and other New Age spiritualists on this very thread. Must be quite a feat to do that.

I still think you're a swell person though!

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 9/12/12 by Wandering Scribe because: added the paragraph in italics

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Who you reveal yourself to be is also a creation no different than any other's.

I do not try to see who I am because I cannot be seen. I only can create what I see.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

* shrugs *

Psychology, psychotherapy, sociology, neurology... all of them are quickly unraveling the developmental curve of the personality, of consciousness, and what motivates and moves us.

I am nothing more than the mind behind my actions. When I understand my mind, my motivations, I understand myself.

Maybe you think that's condescending, or arrogant, but I frankly don't care.

I'm not a Christian, I have no delusions that I am a sinner who is pathetic and unworthy. I am a confident, capable human being fully in control of myself.

If you don't like that, go ask your Creator to take care of everything for you.

I don't mind.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

You are the creator. The creations are, at best, approximations, of what you are, but not really at all. The creations always change, but what you are stays the same. The changing creations come from the unchanging creator. You are not what you believe yourself to be because you create the beliefs. You are the one behind all eyes, watching. I don't know what I am except that I create from myself.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I am god.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by winterkill

Do you admit the possibility of people deluding themselves into believing "God" is talking to them? Do you know how many people are convinced "God" is talking to them and they go on a murder spree?

How do you know? How can you tell it isn't just your desperation talking, or it isn't just your pride and conviction given personality and voice inside your head? It has happened before.

Its what is being heard that allows one to identify whether there is any divinity to their experience.

Anything is possible, its actually quite highly probable that those hearing God speak to them and instructing to do anything are deluding themselves or using this as an excuse to do anything.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

How to heal our world. And I'm not looking for mumbo jumo "trust our lord in all ways" bullcrap. I mean a REAL answer.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The source is right behind what you think you are. It is the one that is watching all that arises.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Your own bias, and preconceived opinions, are bound to shade your interpretation. Please try to see me for who I reveal myself to be, not who you wish I was.

Perhaps who you reveal yourself to be is who you wish you were, much like many of the people who speak for "God". That's the whole reason why we're questioning it right now.

If you say so. I like to call it honesty. If you'd rather a world of sugar-coated lies, and empty platitudes which make you feel better, be my guest. That's not my world though.

So apparently, your world is devoid of manners. I get it.

There was no point. Vet does not understand paganism, mythology, or the evolution of religious symbolism and ritual. Instead of making an honest effort to learn, which either of us could happily help them with, they choose instead to throw half-formed mockeries my way.

When playing with children one cannot always be civil, for civility is not necessarily a quality they possess.

If you do not show civility at all times, how can you expect them to? Be who you want them to be. Lead by example. Or is that too great a task for you?

I joked about too, took the name-calling in good-humor. But if Vet is just trying to troll, then perhaps they should go and find someplace where their inannities will be more welcomed. Say, Meme Base, or Reddit, or 4chan.

I think you're both at fault in that matter, and both of you need to be more open and less resistant to that which you don't want to hear. You come here to read one thing in particular - you're right, "God" is right, the Bible is right, blah blah blah. You won't find that here all the time. Half the time, you'll find people defending the rights of Satanists and saying that Christianity needs to be removed from schools.

Freedom of opinions here. If we have to listen to your rubbish, you get to listen to ours.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

How to heal our world. And I'm not looking for mumbo jumo "trust our lord in all ways" bullcrap. I mean a REAL answer.

Heal your own hatred and then the world will no longer need to be healed.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Heal your own hatred and then the world will no longer need to be healed.

I don't harbor hatred. I harbor disappointment. The people of this world have become so obsessed with perfection that they have forgotten the beauty of imperfection. Many times, it is not the end result, but the journey to it that shows us the most. Which wouldn't be a problem, if we didn't consistently misinterpret such lessons and signs as proof that we must be perfect.

Our search for perfection is a painful journey, and we learn nothing from it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by vethumanbeing

You don't know how to read. My apologies, I thought you did. Come back when you learn to read and we'll talk more then.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 10-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

daer ot wog wonk t"nod uoY. You'r right, it would be gelpped dull if you'd quote me.
edit on 10-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: at a loss for words

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
I am known by a million names. So what am I?

Insect specie type. But they won't get it. You Rule The Planet TOTALLY . OOPS this might be going off topic???! Hey kudos to whomever is responsible for having the MODERATORS or 2 or 3 from having this thread taken from the gray area to "Religious" --at least its not in a dumpster somewere in Detroit. My only thankyou is
it was'nt stuffed into the super stuffy Philosophy catagory-MIND NUMMING masterbation..

Hey, anyone up for a rousing discussion of Slyia Plath--Move us to the non-existant "Suicidal Poets' catagory?
Nothing like being buried.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

God, is that you? I'm sitting here and finally you've shown up; and unfortunatetly to speak to somebody else. Not disapointed though, just glad your here.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
Where are they? Source Entity and Origin? Why have we been left alone for so long? Why the awful lingering silence and where are their mouthpieces? Is there no one in existance that speaks to them for them (other than the papal which is not viable) and can let the humble simple dumbed down human know its fate?
edit on 9-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: expand a simple concept into smithereen type purportions thus imploding itself into oblivion

He is within his people, who are his temples. To speak to him all we need do is look inside ourselves and pray. When you speak to us you speak to him. You do not need a priest to speak to him, for all his people are his priests. He has never left us alone, he's always been here.

LONEWOLF! thankyou for bringing me back into this thread with my original "Cry For Humanites Sake".
I was becoming really worried that I'd totally disapeared behind the curtain and the chorus (ding dong the witch is dead).

Yup, he is within the temple human, and they keep forgetting to wash the floors.

Maybe its a blessing this thread now sits in the backwater-nothing like being spanked for being so well, ridiculousy not current RELIGIOUS THREAD HO HUM except that DEC>21, 2012 has decended upon ATS with a great incurable infection- cured one 22nd.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I am assuming right now in your life you are 'on the fence' when it comes to the question of 'god' lately.
I find you are asking a lot of questions and are becoming knowledgeable in this subject.
In one post(s) you seem to confirm your believe, then another post(s) seems to question your beliefs, and you are also questioning others about their perceptions.

Be careful though, this path leads first to agnosticism, then leads to atheism.
It happened to me!
Actually reading the bible also leads to atheism.

Those damn 'isms'!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
Where are they? Source Entity and Origin? Why have we been left alone for so long? Why the awful lingering silence and where are their mouthpieces? Is there no one in existance that speaks to them for them (other than the papal which is not viable) and can let the humble simple dumbed down human know its fate?
edit on 9-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: expand a simple concept into smithereen type purportions thus imploding itself into oblivion

God cannot be found within the creation. The creation is not the truth because it is a creation– a fabrication. Therefore, the truth is not the creation. The truth is absolute. The creator is the truth because the creation comes from the creator. So if you are looking for the truth within a lie, you are wasting your time, so to speak.

The truth is not the sought, it is the seeker. I am what is; observing and creating from myself what is not. We are one creator/observer. We are behind all eyes. We cannot be know, but can know. The creation is at best, but not quite, an approximate representation of what we are, but it is always changing while we remain unchanged. Therefore we are greater than the sum of our parts.

You cannot know what you are.

You just validated something for me; and it turns upon itself in this way; If we a God's creation or call it a Sock Monkey or Furrbie if that makes you more comfortable "not sweating the armpits"; IT wants needs all of our individual experiences good or bad in order to DEFINE KNOW ITSELF BETTER which is why this is a FREE WILL planet. Hey if one day you can be an axe murderer, another a lieing evangelist and maybe in the same day swindle/bilk hundreds out of their lifetime retirements, why not? Getting the job done as in millions act and are your information go to library.
edit on 10-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: It makes me a better person

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join