It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AGE OLD question? WHERE IS and who is ACTUALLY talking to God, aka Source Entity or Origin

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Since we're on the subject of free will:

In matters of omniscience and omnipotence, there are only two choices:

1. There is an opportunity at some point along a particular timeline. "God" prevents it.

2. There is an opportunity at some point along a particular timeline. "God" allows it.

At any given moment in any given timeline in any given place, both choices belong to "God" and "God" alone. Any illusion of choice in our lives results from his having made one of the two choices above. Nothing can happen unless one of those two choices is made.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
*Who gave this power over to an entity that refuses to show itself and must be followed faith driven.

In this sense, free will is an illusion for every single creature and object that isn't "God". All choices pass through his screening process before we are ever aware of the opportunity to make those choices, but we think we have free will because we can't miss a choice we never had. And "God", knowing this, is laughing all the while.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
*If you refuse to accept the concept of overlord you do not have to wear the resulting shackles.

I look at it like a circle of dots. If you see the whole circle, you can choose one at random and count all the way around until you reach it again. But if you only see a small portion of it at a time, twenty dots become an infinite number because your perception leads you to believe that there is still more dots to be followed. Because of your limited perception, you remain ignorant of the reality of the circle, and you chase yourself in circles for your entire existence, because you never realize you're tracing the same path. Now say a loop extends from that circle, leading back around to it. You follow that loop and you believe you've found an entirely new circle. Sometimes, it changes color just to sustain that illusion. But it's still the same circle.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________*I prefer to see it as a Mobius strip with no limitation, just a back and around again and again to pick up information you might have missed the first ten thousand times surfing its beautiful curves.

That's called the illusion of free will. You see it everywhere, if only you can peek outside the little box of your limited perception. It's possible, but you have to be willing to accept what you find. If you don't want answers, don't ask questions.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________*You have to decide for yourself what distinguishes reality from illusion. You can have both you can play and change your mind or not. No one has to be under anothers will. That is not the Law.

Nice insight.
edit on 9-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: Script size is way too large, anyway of fixing it?

edit on 9-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: good luck reading this without binoculars

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Can you separate your posts from the quoted section, for the benefit of those observing? Thanks. I'll wait until that's corrected before I reply. I know that must have seemed much more convenient, but it's extremely confusing for the less agile eyes in this forum.
edit on 9-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I have explained this several ways but I'll give free will another go. I see free will as sort of a choose your own ending book. You see each choice you make takes you down a different path. But each path has already been written. In this way we all are free to make whatever choices we want but each choice follows its own subsequent path. Thus allowing us to take any number of paths while still being on the path that is best for our learning and understanding.

Often times bad things happen to us because, whether we like it or not or even agree with it, God's plan allows others use of their free will to interfere with our free will. If you want more control over this try doing his will instead of the things you desire to do.
edit on 9-12-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I don't think you understood my post here:

As stated in that post, under the assumption that the Bible can be taken as entirely accurate, the reason you believe in free will is because you are never aware of opportunities that are removed before you can find them.

The full argument is listed in the link. I highly advise you read it before replying to this post.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Can you separate your posts from the quoted section, for the benefit of those observing? Thanks. I'll wait until that's corrected before I reply. I know that must have seemed much more convenient, but it's extremely confusing for the less agile eyes in this forum.

cannot do as that particular is very long and if you have a better way for one to respond to paragraphs I'd be the first to herald you. no binoculars I guess............

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

cannot do as that particular is very long and if you have a better way for one to respond to paragraphs I'd be the first to herald you. no binoculars I guess............

And learning to do it properly for the sake of those who have bad eyes just isn't worth your time and energy, is that it?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You'll know when God speaks to you
1. It will require change
2. It will not be what you wanted to do
3. It will make you more
4. It will not break his law

( watch how many replies I get of that LOL)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

And learning to do it properly for the sake of those who have bad eyes just isn't worth your time and energy, is that it?

Really? I would be happy to have some help here and any help would greatly appreciated.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill
3. It will make you more

Enough said. Hang tough there; this type of content tends to bring out the worst or the best in human nature; its the unknown-who the F am I factor and who exactly is in charge most don't realize they have free will.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The topic of this thread is the middleman between common folk and the deities they try to communicate with. If you have problems with your posts, contact a moderator using the "contact us" link at the very bottom of the page.

So as to not go any further off topic, who here really believes that a man would be strong enough to resist the power of having divine authority? By which I mean, having the word of a god on your side, in the eyes of the people?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Do you admit the possibility of people deluding themselves into believing "God" is talking to them? Do you know how many people are convinced "God" is talking to them and they go on a murder spree?

How do you know? How can you tell it isn't just your desperation talking, or it isn't just your pride and conviction given personality and voice inside your head? It has happened before.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I don't think you understood my post here:

As stated in that post, under the assumption that the Bible can be taken as entirely accurate, the reason you believe in free will is because you are never aware of opportunities that are removed before you can find them.

The full argument is listed in the link. I highly advise you read it before replying to this post.

Actually I did read your post and understand you completely. I don't agree with you but I do understand you. As someone who believes in a rather literal interpretation of the bible I was trying to correct you.

God allows everything, if he did not why would there be so much evil in the world?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The topic of this thread is the middleman between common folk and the deities they try to communicate with. If you have problems with your posts, contact a moderator using the "contact us" link at the very bottom of the page.

So as to not go any further off topic, who here really believes that a man would be strong enough to resist the power of having divine authority? By which I mean, having the word of a god on your side, in the eyes of the
people?

Well; actually I have no problem with the content of my posts considering I started this thread as OP. I will look into the "contact us" link AT THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PAGE to see where all of this confusion lies.

Please, lets go way off topic because ITS OK WITH ME as the generator of all of this. No ordinary Man has the unique ability to resist the Divine; first of all as having no education other than practical has no insight that may have been available to it unless very wealthy or had a family friend with stellar connections and great riches; or a lot of sheep to trade for the privilage of going to Alexandria. It all depends on if you believe something like this: a silver salamander spoke to someone and it was the word of God; believed (no kidding) and I suppose in the eyes of the people to be true. Is there a moderator or 3 in the house?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

As someone who doesn't believe in the Bible much at all, I don't have anything further to say to you. If you read and understood that post and still don't agree, then there's really not a whole lot more to discuss.

Either the Bible is inaccurate and we have free will, or the Bible is accurate and free will is a myth. There's nothing else to it.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

As someone who doesn't believe in the Bible much at all, I don't have anything further to say to you. If you read and understood that post and still don't agree, then there's really not a whole lot more to discuss.

Either the Bible is inaccurate and we have free will, or the Bible is accurate and free will is a myth. There's nothing else to it.

If you believe the bible says you don't have free will than you don't understand what you are reading. Again I believe in a litteral interpretaion of the bible and it clearly states that we have been given free will. No where in the bible is this challenged. When God has interfered with man's free will it makes the history books. Noha's flood, Christ. When God steps in he really knows how to do it with a bang.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Here is a link to another post about free will i made if your intereasted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

I have explained this several ways but I'll give free will another go. I see free will as sort of a choose your own ending book. You see each choice you make takes you down a different path. But each path has already been written. In this way we all are free to make whatever choices we want but each choice follows its own subsequent path. Thus allowing us to take any number of paths while still being on the path that is best for our learning and understanding.

Often times bad things happen to us because, whether we like it or not or even agree with it, God's plan allows others use of their free will to interfere with our free will. If you want more control over this try doing his will instead of the things you desire to do.

Free will allows you to chose your own path; the act of decision making even if 2 or 3 different outcomes will open an opportunity and the ability to change your mind. The path choosing is your destiny or Karmic payback or at least it used to be subsequently resulting in a learned or "soul progression experience". All things that you have to re-live are connected to past karmic inconsistancy-pay backs. This is not what is happenning now. Way beyond this very old thought pattern of the eye for an eye. As I see it whatever is the most comfortable, natural and secure method you use to contact 'god" or your higher self is a good thing. Stop thinking so much.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Not really thinking just believing and understanding the bible. What you are saying is very close to what Christ is saying. Judgement for your actions is today. Call it Karma if you would like I prefer to call it learning how to love and why.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Not really thinking just believing and understanding the bible.

Yeah, I think we all know that already. Although I'm a little confused at how you can understand without thinking.

What you are saying is very close to what Christ is saying. Judgement for your actions is today. Call it Karma if you would like I prefer to call it learning how to love and why.

I don't know how throwing people into a lake of fire for all of eternity teaches them to love. I don't know how ANY form of punishment teaches them to love. If you want someone to love, you SHOW them love. You show them how you express love, and they learn by example. They begin to connect that emotion to the world around them.

You don't teach love by giving pain. That's a sadistic way of doing things.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill
3. It will make you more

God did speak to me on at least two occasions.

It did require change, but I sensed that God waited expectantly to see what I would do.

It was not what I wanted to do.

It did make me more, much more.

It did not break His law.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join