It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AGE OLD question? WHERE IS and who is ACTUALLY talking to God, aka Source Entity or Origin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I make no excuses for anyone for are we not the same as our creators as in equally responsible for our own periodic slips into insanity?

We didn't design the nature of the human race. This "God" person did. Whatever we do, we are most likely acting according to our nature, as predesignated by "God" before we were ever born or even thought of. And since he is the predesignator, it falls to him to take responsibility for what his creations have done. If a soldier murders an innocent civilian because that's what his orders are, who answers for that? The military, and ultimately, the President.

Should this "God" be any different? No matter how you look at it, everything that exists sprang from his hand. That includes both good and evil. Now, if that good and evil somehow mixes together and destruction begins to bloom in the resultant maelstrom, who is responsible for that? The creations, or the creator? Of the two, which one was the enabler? Which one was the designer? Which one provided the opportunity of existence and allowed it to spiral out of control despite being fully capable of stopping the problem in its tracks?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

I really hope I'm "stalker person Webster Spell champ." If I am, I'd have to officially award you, because that would be one of the most interesting names anyone has ever given me.

Why do you think a deity has to be behind human biology, evolution, or development? Why couldn't a species of divinities develop alongside humans, only composed of a different source material other than carbon, or physical cells?

Who's to say the gods aren't just as perplexed by human biology as humans themselves are?
____________________________________________________________________________________________
DING DING DING*****

You ARE "Stalker Person Webster Spell Champ" Congratulations! Hey I'd like to hear more on the name thingy variation. Deities, really! are they that smart or are they mopping up after the real deals came in and actually worked for their (insert something)? I'm ahead of your question and not paying attention. I always thought a silicon based life form could be very interesting; and why not YES to all of your queries? Heck yes Lets Do It no Hydras though, and I really draw the line at Harpies.

The Gods fell in love with the human perplexing as that is to be believed, none the less bred with the best and hey could it be some of us are hybrids. Now the fun part--who the F are/were they and where are they hiding?

~

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The gods you speak of came and left, these gods were mere beings from elsewhere out there. Because of their advanced technology, the inhabitants of Earth thought they must be gods.
(as ancient alien theorists contend)

To some the thought of alien influence in humanity is fanciful thinking, but if you ask me it is much more believable than a divine 'god' and there is also much more evidence, or should I say 'IS evidence' as opposed to 'NO evidence'
We have cave paintings of strange beings for crying out loud!
God? NOTHING!

So, the 'gods' are not talking to us simply because they have not yet returned, and people that claim to be talking to god are talking to themselves.

All you have to do is replace 'god' with 'ancient aliens' in the bible and all of a sudden it all makes sense.
Elohim=aliens

It's a big Universe, we are not alone.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I'm ahead of your question and not paying attention

I'm well aware that you're not paying attention. I'm just having fun. While I'd like to say you're ignorant of history, anthropology, cultural evolution, mythology, and philosophy... I've met people who are much, much, much less enlightened in those subjects than you appear to be.

At least you correctly misidentified two creatures from the same culture as gods. That puts you miles ahead of some people.

Now if only you'd learn your history, and that the very questions you're asking, and the God they involve... is all based upon and drawn up from, the gods I'm talking about... probably too much to hope for though.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I make no excuses for anyone for are we not the same as our creators as in equally responsible for our own periodic slips into insanity?

We didn't design the nature of the human race. This "God" person did. Whatever we do, we are most likely acting according to our nature, as predesignated by "God" before we were ever born or even thought of. And since he is the predesignator, it falls to him to take responsibility for what his creations have done. If a soldier murders an innocent civilian because that's what his orders are, who answers for that? The military, and ultimately, the President.

Should this "God" be any different? No matter how you look at it, everything that exists sprang from his hand. That includes both good and evil. Now, if that good and evil somehow mixes together and destruction begins to bloom in the resultant maelstrom, who is responsible for that? The creations, or the creator? Of the two, which one was the enabler? Which one was the designer? Which one provided the opportunity of existence and allowed it to spiral out of control despite being fully capable of stopping the problem in its tracks?

You are forgetting this is a "Free Will Setup" Not John Stewart Mill's essay On Liberty (if I've got that wrong feel free to rip out my throat). Yup my question-who is this 'god person' and why is it in exile. Everything you say asks my question-EXPLAIN YOURSELF to us so as to better understand you. In a free will environment good and evil duke it out everything is allowed because the ulitmate goal is for an information exchange-you humans do the dirty work while the "god" icon sucks it up and says to itself- 'whoa, that was just out there' I certainly learned not to home invade, kill and rape some kids, murder the Mom beat the husband half to death with his own baseball bat and set the house on fire (at least not without a sure thing backup plan). Ouch those guys got the death penalty. This is the thing, Someone did not Stop Someone Else before everything escalated; as in all information is good information regardless of human emotional casualties. You are asking my questions and you'd better stop it or else I will make you take this thread as your own. Could use a breather. I notice, some people post an OP and disapear.
edit on 9-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
The gods you speak of came and left, these gods were mere beings from elsewhere out there. Because of their advanced technology, the inhabitants of Earth thought they must be gods.
(as ancient alien theorists contend)

To some the thought of alien influence in humanity is fanciful thinking, but if you ask me it is much more believable than a divine 'god' and there is also much more evidence, or should I say 'IS evidence' as opposed to 'NO evidence'
We have cave paintings of strange beings for crying out loud!
God? NOTHING!

So, the 'gods' are not talking to us simply because they have not yet returned, and people that claim to be talking to god are talking to themselves.
All you have to do is replace 'god' with 'ancient aliens' in the bible and all of a sudden it all makes sense.
Elohim=aliens

It's a big Universe, we are not alone.

What if I told you nothing you say is untrue? Of course there have been many visitations, manipulations of human DNA the question is who are they and I'd love to get a real Devil and Daniel Webster senario dialoge going with them (do you have any inroads; you could tell them I really want some answers; if you have any influence at all). Appreciated.
edit on 9-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: jumped the gun

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Can you elaborate more on what you mean?

I imagine at some point IT would show up and not as an "HI, I'm Here" Jesus postcard sent from southeast asia;
via the Greek Islands, or as a "Bless you I am Zarathustra (Buddah) and am taking care of the situation" from somewhere off the coast of name any; sent as a message in a bottle to Madagascar lizards.

You tell me? Any idea where God (human nomenclaiture identifier) resides and why It refuses to talk? Seriously I'm serious.

Have you been searching?

Where have you been looking?

Who are you waiting for?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I'm ahead of your question and not paying attention

I'm well aware that you're not paying attention. I'm just having fun. While I'd like to say you're ignorant of history, anthropology, cultural evolution, mythology, and philosophy... I've met people who are much, much, much less enlightened in those subjects than you appear to be.

At least you correctly misidentified two creatures from the same culture as gods. That puts you miles ahead of some people.

Now if only you'd learn your history, and that the very questions you're asking, and the God they involve... is all based upon and drawn up from, the gods I'm talking about... probably too much to hope for though.

~ Wandering Scribe

ONLY TWO? You must be kidding. I could of sworn I gave you enough misinformation to keep you busy for weeks; long after this thread died. I never called a creature a God. I know the difference. Why are you hanging out with people whom are much, much, much less enlightened in subjects than you are? The mythological Hydra had a God? I thought its sole purpose was to thwart Jason and his Argonauts in the quest for the golden fleece and provide a good box office return to a studio in LA.
edit on 9-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: because this individual is (fill in the blank)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

I imagine at some point IT would show up and not as an "HI, I'm Here" Jesus postcard sent from southeast asia;
via the Greek Islands, or as a "Bless you I am Zarathustra (Buddah) and am taking care of the situation" from somewhere off the coast of name any; sent as a message in a bottle to Madagascar lizards.

You tell me? Any idea where God (human nomenclaiture identifier) resides and why It refuses to talk? Seriously I'm serious.

Have you been searching?

Who are you waiting for?

My thoughts exactly-can you help?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Since we're on the subject of free will:

In matters of omniscience and omnipotence, there are only two choices:

1. There is an opportunity at some point along a particular timeline. "God" prevents it.

2. There is an opportunity at some point along a particular timeline. "God" allows it.

At any given moment in any given timeline in any given place, both choices belong to "God" and "God" alone. Any illusion of choice in our lives results from his having made one of the two choices above. Nothing can happen unless one of those two choices is made.

In this sense, free will is an illusion for every single creature and object that isn't "God". All choices pass through his screening process before we are ever aware of the opportunity to make those choices, but we think we have free will because we can't miss a choice we never had. And "God", knowing this, is laughing all the while.

I look at it like a circle of dots. If you see the whole circle, you can choose one at random and count all the way around until you reach it again. But if you only see a small portion of it at a time, twenty dots become an infinite number because your perception leads you to believe that there is still more dots to be followed. Because of your limited perception, you remain ignorant of the reality of the circle, and you chase yourself in circles for your entire existence, because you never realize you're tracing the same path. Now say a loop extends from that circle, leading back around to it. You follow that loop and you believe you've found an entirely new circle. Sometimes, it changes color just to sustain that illusion. But it's still the same circle.

That's called the illusion of free will. You see it everywhere, if only you can peek outside the little box of your limited perception. It's possible, but you have to be willing to accept what you find. If you don't want answers, don't ask questions.

And most people don't want answers anymore. They just want reassurance because they've lost faith in the answers. They want a pillow to cry on and a song to help them sleep. That's all.

I posted this to another thread, but it applies here as well, in this current discussion. I'll be interested to see your response.
edit on 9-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Where are they? Source Entity and Origin? Why have we been left alone for so long? Why the awful lingering silence and where are their mouthpieces? Is there no one in existance that speaks to them for them (other than the papal which is not viable) and can let the humble simple dumbed down human know its fate?
edit on 9-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: expand a simple concept into smithereen type purportions thus imploding itself into oblivion

A Great Question and A Great Thread - Vethumanbeing !

You have hit the nail on the head with your very timely questions about the Deafening Silence of " God "

And not just in our " Era " but Ever since " Jesus left the earth and said I'll Be Back ! " Even the angels are quoted as saying to the people, " Why stand you here gazing into Heaven you men of Galilee ? " " This Same Jesus shall so Come Again in Like Manner ! "

The questions you have raised vethumanbeing are very serious and very common sense questions that no doubt weigh heavy on the minds of all belivers and non-believers alike. Although everyone replying to your very easy to understand questions are giving the best and most intellectual replies and answers I have read in quite awhile. Most replies are still the " pat " generic and politically correct answers that everyone has already read and expects.

There are many many honest and serious questions about Why " God " is remaining silent for Thousands of Years !

Oh Yes, the Answers that are always given are easy to understand, if " You Are God " - But, if you are just a human being living on this planet earth, the " So Called Answers " are - Not Really Answers At All !

Like someone has already mentioned in an earlier reply on this thread - " We can all make Excuses for God "

But then of course the next Obvious Question is - Why would " God " need any excuses or Anyone To SPEAK FOR HIM ???

Everyone has already noticed how that all down through History there are Endless Kings and Clergy and now in our present day endless Political Leaders that want to " Stand In and Speak For God " !

Doesn't matter if it's the Pope in the Vatican, or any one of the Endless TV Evangelist's, They " All Say " that they are Speaking for God, and that They Know " God's Will "

Just give them Your Money and Your Allegiance !!!

My 2 cents, I know - but are we not " All still standing around world wide and gazing into heaven " ???

Have we not all " World-Wide " watched as our Fathers and Great Grand Fathers and Great Grand Mothers of All of the Generations that have gone before us do this exact same thing that we are doing right now today ???

Are " We " all of the peoples of the Earth going to just continue on with this " Mindless Status Quo ? "

Is this going to be " Our Generations Legacy " that we all leave behind when We All Die Too ???

I don't know what everyone else in the world thinks about this subject and these very serous but obvious questions that the Op has raised about " God's Silence ", but I can't help but think the Exact Same Thing, and I Agree with the Op 100% in the very obvious and timely questions raised in this thread.

Is it not " High Time " on this earth that " This Generation " get's some " Real Answers " for once ???

These answers we seek in this thread are more important than all of the economy or anything else in this world in our present age and time that we all live.

Or - -

Are we as men and women of this world going to keep on listening to all of the most recent " Self Proclaimed " High Priest's and all of the most recent Popular political leaders and movie star's... ???

edit on 12/9/2012 by chrisb9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Have you been searching?

Who are you waiting for?

My thoughts exactly-can you help?

I can, I think I can, I believe I can, I know I can, I will,

I take it the answer is yes to my first question, could you give me an idea of where you've been searching?

It matters not in which direction one travels, so please confess to where your mind has taken you in your search.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
double post

edit on 9-12-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Some men do talk with God, as for the rest, we can all 'talk' with God, when we talk it may seem one-sided but it isn't, the thing is, God has a method, he can do all things but you have to adhere to his protocols. He can and will answer yes or no questions from anyone in the entire universe simply by that person asking him silently in their mind, he knows when you are not sincere though and his protocol involves you being utmost-sincere, you can B.S. yourself, you can B.S. others, but there is no fooling the Creator of the universe, he knows all things, yes or no question, that's the limit to mere mortals that aren't chosen to be his personal spokesmen, if you are his personal spokesmen I bet the talks are still limited, but they are worthy to have actual conversations with God in which he can and will give elaborate detailed answers.

Who are these spokesmen of God? The answer wouldn't be believed, and everyone claims it's their guy, so you really have to find out for yourself but you can always ask Him a yes or no question to find out for sure.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

He told me to stop smoking once and another time he told me that something I was waiting for, would have to wait even longer.

I speak to him all the time tho

edit on 9-12-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Where are they? Source Entity and Origin? Why have we been left alone for so long? Why the awful lingering silence and where are their mouthpieces? Is there no one in existance that speaks to them for them (other than the papal which is not viable) and can let the humble simple dumbed down human know its fate?
edit on 9-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: expand a simple concept into smithereen type purportions thus imploding itself into oblivion

I am Christian and I can tell you God is here, he never left. We have rejected him he has not rejected us.

There are many questions that you could ask that I may be able to help with but the answer to many more questions can only be found when you personally seek the truth. I can show you the door and tell you how to knock. But you have to knock and enter for yourself. Only God knows the heart of a man and only he knows when you are ready to receive and learn from the Holy Spirit.

I can tell you things like, in order to truly feel love you must first give love. You can only receive the joy of love based on the proportionate amount of love you give. The reason why relationships fail today is we are all looking for someone to love us. When the reality is we should be looking for someone to love. And our love should be unconditional. If one gives unconditional love, than they will always feel love in return. If not from the person that you love than from the father because you have done as he instructed.

You see I could go into great detail about the subject above and many other subjects on the spirit but to truly understand you must learn from the Holy Spirit. This is the fathers design.

Many Christians will make the claims I make because they have what I call a moment of joy, but not a full conversion. Yes they may have felt God, and thus know him, but they have yet to do what his son commanded so although they know him they simply cannot fully understand. They simply parrot the lines that they learn at church. You must test every prophet; you will be able to know if they speak the truth by their fruit.

On a website like ATS it may be difficult to know if I am indeed someone who speaks with God, and allows God to speak through me. There are many examples of what is meant by fruit. Here on ATS you have my words, and you are free to browse through my previous posts if that helps you. In person you could see my beautiful family and loving children so that along with my words you will know that I believe that the spirit of Christ is in me. Then it becomes up to you to decide if you believe what I believe and if you want to know the love that I know.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Some men do talk with God, as for the rest, we can all 'talk' with God, when we talk it may seem one-sided but it isn't, the thing is, God has a method, he can do all things but you have to adhere to his protocols. He can and will answer yes or no questions from anyone in the entire universe simply by that person asking him silently in their mind, he knows when you are not sincere though and his protocol involves you being utmost-sincere, you can B.S. yourself, you can B.S. others, but there is no fooling the Creator of the universe, he knows all things, yes or no question, that's the limit to mere mortals that aren't chosen to be his personal spokesmen, if you are his personal spokesmen I bet the talks are still limited, but they are worthy to have actual conversations with God in which he can and will give elaborate detailed answers.

Who are these spokesmen of God? The answer wouldn't be believed, and everyone claims it's their guy, so you really have to find out for yourself but you can always ask Him a yes or no question to find out for sure.

The person who asks the question must at least believe in the possibility of receiving an answer. If one is not open to the possibility that they can receive an answer, even if they were to receive the answer, it may not be received or it may be perceived as something coming from their own consciousness. Thus nullifying the effect that could be achieved when you realize that you indeed did receive instruction from the lord.

One more thing. I do believe that God communicates with me and gives me wisdom. However; I would not say that I am a spokesman for God. What I would say is that I have learned to get out of the way and let the Holy Spirit speak through me. It is amazing how many things I have taught my children or told other people that I had not truly known myself.

Many of the lessons I have taught people don't become completely clear until something in my life forces me to make a decision. Then I can go back to what I have told someone else and apply it to my life. I think this happens so that I know for certain that the wisdom did not come from me thus it does not belong to me. It is this knowledge that keeps me humble. Because my wisdom does not belong to me you will never find me with my hand out on Sunday Morning because what I have I have no right to profit from.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
To: Strato got it

I wanted to answer this but its too soon.
edit on 9-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: Im not ready

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

reply to post by randomname

Funny, I don't recall the existence of God and the mathematical physics behind gravity being interrelated in any conceivable way. I had, until now, believed that the entire world understood that "intelligent falling" was a joke, meant to mock the "intelligent design" community. I guess P.T. Barnum was right though...

If you're really looking to "stick it" to the scientific community though, I've got a much easier way than delving into quantum mechanics in search of the graviton and it's mathematical proof.

Stars.

According to Genesis, which is God's account of His creating the Universe, the first day He made light. Then, on the fourth day, He made the sun. All you have to do is find the light out there in space which does not originate from a star; and then prove it has no origin whatsoever. No intense mathematics involved!

I'll go look for the graviton, you go look for non-solar light, without an identifiable source, which is not found on any planet, asteroid, or meteor in the Universe. We'll meet back here to see who completed their task first.

And go!

I found the light, it is in me. And you may not be able to see it because you live in the darkness, with eyes that cannot see and ears that cannot hear. If you would seek the light you will also find it. And many people do see the light in me.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by AQuestion

People ask to talk to God. Really, what price tag are you actually willing to pay for such a privilege?

Why should talking to my father be a privilege? Talking to a parent should never be a privilege. You brought it into this world, you're responsible for its education and upbringing. If you're not capable of training your creations, THEN DON'T CREATE THEM.

But apparently, that isn't how "God" sees it. Or rather, people are content to keep making excuses for him. I've seen men and women persecute their father straight to the grave for less. People disgust me.

This is curious- what price tag is there actually to talk to (insert god name here)? (stalker person Webster Spell champ I'm waiting for you) seriously, why a privilege? Where did that notion first rear its head? I would imagine one would have to identify who it is that will fess up to the calamity of the human genome. Any takers out there? as to the wow factor of 'look at how we let the populace totally destroy its civilizations over and over again'. I make no excuses for anyone for are we not the same as our creators as in equally responsible for our own periodic slips into insanity?

The Catholic Church is responsible for spreading the idea that it is a privilege to talk to God. They teach that the church is the only authority and the Pope is mankind's direct link to God. This however is not true. God is the only authority on God and he gives his wisdom, through the Holy Spirit, to all who truly seek him and love him.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join