It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AGE OLD question? WHERE IS and who is ACTUALLY talking to God, aka Source Entity or Origin

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

What I find abhorrent about the New Age is that it is trivial nonsense. Instead of seeking communion with the divine in any of its many manifested forms, or attempting to understand the powerful archetypes within oneself, or upon the tree; the New Age instead settles for vague definitions, of obscure forces, without definite outlines, or features.

First of all, alekaite seems to be an uncommon term. I am having difficulty finding anything on it.

Also, you have a very poor understanding of New Age. Perhaps that's due to the number of idiots you find yourself arguing with on the subject - perhaps you should discuss the matter with more educated people, instead of looking for the broadest brush you can find. Honestly, you're a little insulting with your ignorance. Make an effort to at least SOUND like you've done your homework.

The ancient world was alive with mystery, power, and meaning. The New Age doesn't even scratch the surface,

Neither does Christianity, but you seem to have forgotten that New Age has made significant progress compared to Judaic faiths. After all, it isn't even "new". A number of members on here can prove exactly how ignorant you are on that particular subject. Shall I give them a call?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

] The ancient world was alive with mystery, power, and meaning. The New Age doesn't even scratch the surface,

Neither does Christianity, but you seem to have forgotten that New Age has made significant progress compared to Judaic faiths. After all, it isn't even "new". A number of members on here can prove exactly how ignorant you are on that particular subject. Shall I give them a call?

Arrogance is the byproduct of a self realized Intellect; inflated, and true to itself only (someone needs to slip on a perverbial banana peel). New Age would be termed that in any culture any continent any time period if defined a revolutional way of forward thinking; new paradium, new resonance; new awareness, could be worse though, it could be called 'FLOWER POWER AGE'' confusing everything with the 60s (a bow to aroma therapists).

edit on 6-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: none

edit on 6-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

reply to post by DwindlingHope

To be an Alekaite is not about doctrines, or stead-fast beliefs. We're focused on the individual, and the two halves of their spiritual nature. You won't find any churches or meetings for Alekai, as we don't believe in large communal gatherings, or any type of special treatment. And you won't find websites about us, because we cannot lay out any type of "beliefs" or "tenets" to the faith in an orderly manner like Christians, Buddhists, or Jews can.

What I can do is give you a little bit of background on how an individual Alekaite might arrive at his or her current spiritual setting. It won't be the same for everyone mind you, I'm using myself as the following example.

The first thing we do is encourage the study of ancestry. This can be done personally, through a family archivist, or with the help of ancestry websites and businesses. The goal is for the Alekaite to learn their roots. For example, my own roots are planted in Germany, France, Poland, Mexico, and the Aztec Empire. Once a good portion of the ancestry is understood, the faiths and beliefs of those people are put on the table. For me, this includes Teutonic Paganism from Germany, Romano-Gaulish Celtic beliefs from France, Slavic beliefs from Poland, Roman Catholicism from a later period in all of those lands, and Olmec, Toltec, and Aztec from my Mesoamerican ancestry.

The Alekaite then begins their study of these cultures and their beliefs, finding what rings true to them. This is sometimes called a "Blood Memory," although many of us find that terminology to be a little bleak. The goal is to give ourselves a foundation. The Alekaite acquires some new spiritual beliefs, rites and ceremonies of emotional and mental poignancy, and obviously a closer connection to his or her family and their history. For myself, I embraced my Celtic roots, since they coincided with experiences I had had as a child (and in later life). The Druids (what little is known of them) also greatly interested me. In short, the whole overlapped world's approach to ancient Celtic belief, along with their values were all very important to me.

While the Alekaite continues exploring, and practicing, the religions and faiths of their fathers, they also begin to study other beliefs, looking for a direction to move towards. The Alekai believe in growth. In my case, Sumerian Polytheism and Egyptian Henotheism became exceptionally interesting to me. Their cultural values, their epic mythology, their cosmological view of the relationships between man and god. Everything about it mystified, but inspired me. So, the second process, what some call the "Soul Affinity" had opened up for me. I began to research and study the historical beliefs of Sumer, Mesopotamia, and Egypt. Not conspiracy works, mind you, but those of A.E. Wallis Budge, Samuel Noah Kramer, and other anthropologists who presented a purely scientific model of the cultures, without unnecessary speculation.

The final process then is to marry the "Blood Memory" and "Soul Affinity" together into a "Tree of Life," which can be, but does not necessarily have to be, based on the Qabalistic Tree of Life. The "Tree of Life" motif exists in Mesopotamia, Egypt, Jewish, Ugaritic, Anatolian, Greek, Slavic, Christian, Celtic, Norse, and Native American beliefs. So, as members of the Alekai, we felt that it was universal enough to be used without directly tying us to any particular religion or faith.

The "Tree" then serves to arrange archetypes, deities, spiritual forces, and psychological associations all into a workable system which we can utilize daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly as the individual feels necessary. It also organizes mythology, rites and rituals, our personality, and individualized goals out before us so we can keep track of our progress as both individuals, and part of the whole.

The system, being extremely personal, is why we do not go around putting up websites, or trying to organized community worship. We come together to share a collective faith, made up of thousands of individual interpretations. We learn from each other. What I feel toward the Celts may only be a portion of their real depth, and I may learn entirely new things concerning them from another Alekaite who's "Blood Memory," or "Soul Affinity" touches on them. Likewise, I may present an unnoticed interpretation of a myth, a god, or an experience to someone and it will be the piece they needed to make sense of something. In the end though, we all mature and grow on our own; aided by, but not because of, our communal beliefs.

That is the best brief description I can give within the 5000 character limit on ATS.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

HORUS
ATTIS
MITHRA
DIONYSUS
KRISHNA
JESUS

The list of pagan deities with Christ-like attributes and overlaps (including the Astro-theological solstice birth occasionally) actually looks something like this:

Inanna (5000 BCE)
Dumuzi (3500 BCE)
Osiris (3000 BCE)
Baal (2000 BCE)
Teshub (1800 BCE)
Dionysus (1500 BCE)
Persephone (1200 BCE)
Odin (750 BCE)
Attis (500 BCE)
Mithra (400 BCE)
Krishna (300 BCE)
Adonis (200 BCE)

Those are the ones of which the cults, myths, and practices I am familiar with. Wikipedia, under "Dying and Rising" gods, or god's of "Life-Death-Rebirth" also have extensive pages covering even more. The reason being that in West Asia the Equinoxes were important solar dates. They marked the return of the crops, the coming of inclement weather. the return of the sun to prominence, and the start of the sowing of fields. Dying-and-Rising gods are a part of every agricultural religion.

Additionally, there is no actual Egyptian references to Horus being born of a Virgin, or being born on the 25th of December. He was born through sex between Isis and the resurrected Osiris. Zeitgeist got it wrong.

Also, I don't have to "subscribe" to Wikipedia. There's nothing wrong with Wikipedia. It is a reliable resource.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Adonis (200 BCE)

You mean the Christian Adonai is actually based on a pagan deity?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

HORUS
ATTIS
MITHRA
DIONYSUS
KRISHNA
JESUS

The list of pagan deities with Christ-like attributes and overlaps (including the Astro-theological solstice birth occasionally) actually looks something like this:

Inanna (5000 BCE)
Dumuzi (3500 BCE)
Osiris (3000 BCE)
Baal (2000 BCE)
Teshub (1800 BCE)
Dionysus (1500 BCE)
Persephone (1200 BCE)
Odin (750 BCE)
Attis (500 BCE)
Mithra (400 BCE)
Krishna (300 BCE)
Adonis (200 BCE)

Those are the ones of which the cults, myths, and practices I am familiar with. Wikipedia, under "Dying and Rising" gods, or god's of "Life-Death-Rebirth" also have extensive pages covering even more. The reason being that in West Asia the Equinoxes were important solar dates. They marked the return of the crops, the coming of inclement weather. the return of the sun to prominence, and the start of the sowing of fields. Dying-and-Rising gods are a part of every agricultural religion.

Additionally, there is no actual Egyptian references to Horus being born of a Virgin, or being born on the 25th of December. He was born through sex between Isis and the resurrected Osiris. Zeitgeist got it wrong.

Also, I don't have to "subscribe" to Wikipedia. There's nothing wrong with Wikipedia. It is a reliable resource.

~ Wandering Scribe

You are definately my go to person for all things needing clarification on the microscopic scale.

You nitpicker. So Sun God Egypt Horus 3000 b.c. did not battle the darkness, Set. No stuggle between day and night? EVERY 24 HOURS. Sun lost to the dark Dark lost to the Sun. Horus was born on Dec 25th. If Isis was not a virgin birth thats news to me. His disiples were the 12 constellations; as did perform miracles. What else was he called? The Lamb of God, The Good Shepherd. Crucified after being betrayed for 20 pieces of gold. What is your point? A star in the east, Sirius appeared to show the way to his birthplace and the three kings found it (those being the 3 on Orions belt) on Dec 24th.

If you have a bookcase sans- "Library" you would'nt need the quick fix as you'd actually read in context what you are trying to reference. Wikipedia is a very long arm of the "lets dumb everyone down" INSECT MOVEMENT (finally at last exposed) How many legs does the "wikipedia" have?

Seriously, Your comments most illuminating.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Alekeite?? Within my vocabulary this is actually called an Alocate, or an initiate of a specific belief system.
Kudos to your 4998 characters so as to not be able to respond in entirety to your exhaustive yet nicely researched? missive, I always learn something from you. So you agree there are some that are more aware than others regarding their blood ties to past events or talents or, DNA? or potencial or...

In short, you mean because I am Scottish, English and of Maya blood lines; thereby Druidal I am a Wiccan Natural Servant (without even trying). CANDLES PLEASE.
edit on 10-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: Lets pin something down even though its of a gaseous nature

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Maybe he meant "acolyte"...it isn't hard to misspell that word if you can't trace your lineage back to the original Grammar Nazis. Although I must say, I have never seen anyone get so creative with a seven-letter word. It literally cannot be located on Google. Although maybe now it can be, because it's been established as a recorded error on this website, the majority of which is available to any related Google search. But before that development, I'm fairly certain that word was nonexistent.

Good job. He's invented an idea.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Maybe he meant "acolyte"...it isn't hard to misspell that word if you can't trace your lineage back to the original Grammar Nazis. Although I must say, I have never seen anyone get so creative with a seven-letter word. It literally cannot be located on Google. Although maybe now it can be, because it's been established as a recorded error on this website, the majority of which is available to any related Google search. But before that development, I'm fairly certain that word was nonexistent.

You know what? after all of the twisting and turning sleepless minute YOU ARE CORRECT. That is the spelling! I just try to phoneticallly sound it out (no eubonics) but this one was hard and Websters was of no help. I cannot tell you how gratified I feel right now. He invented an idea (needs a word to describe it) and has told me 'there is no word invented' WRONG he invented it and told a small untruth about a belief system non-existing (sort of like I invented the Qumran Plaid wearing STOICS circa 1100AD in Scotland) and it took two other smarter than the average bears to grasp it and run. Inventive-over the top A Make Believe Belief System. How much FUN IS THAT.

edit on 11-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: It gets better every minute

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

ALEKAITE? A brand new word involving a BELIEF SYSTEM he's invented and now has to DEFEND, JUSTIFY, and take slings and arrows for.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

ALEKAITE? A brand new word involving a BELIEF SYSTEM he's invented and now has to DEFEND, JUSTIFY, and take slings and arrows for.

His 'seed' sounds like my description of thoughts that form life extending or life affecting, carried-on "karma".
edit on 13-1-2013 by bowtomonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

His 'seed' sounds like my description of thoughts that form life extending or life affecting, carried-on "karma".
edit on 13-1-2013 by bowtomonkey because: (no reason given)

I suppose it is a wait and seed. '"AfterInfinity" pinned it to a wall and if I were to take a belief system made up I might run with it for its outside of the box left field mentality.
edit on 14-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: no

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Yes.

The pagan deities, Adonis (from Greco-Roman mythology) and Baāl (from Levantine mythology) were both individual figures before the Jewish and Christians came.

In order to help assimilate the deities into their worship, the terms "adonai" and "baal" came to mean "Lord," instead of referring back to the deities which they originally implied.

Adonis can be traced back to Attis, the Phrygian dying-and-rising god which I also mentioned. Just as Baāl can be linked to Hadad, who was originally the Sumerian/Babylonian deity Iškur/Adad.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No, the term is Alekaite, from the over-arching system known as Alekai, which stems from the phrase alech hai. Not acolyte, or alocate. An Alekaite can be an acolyte, but we don't have a hierarchical structure, so no one necessarily serves anyone else, unless they wish to.

Vet is a prime example of why we've done our best to keep the system off of websites and the internet though. He is the exact type of person who reads, but does not understand, and then twists out of proportion the goal of the system.

As for me having "made it up," I didn't. I was brought to it by another member who helped me begin the journey. There are, also, at least two other Alekaites on ATS that I am aware of as well. Possibly more, as we have no centralized "Church" which keeps a tabulation of all the members.

Had you bothered to digest the entirety of my post, you'd have seen that the Blood Memory is only the first step of the process. By being Scottish and English you do have ties to Druid heritage. But that does not mean you need to embrace it. Thanks for not paying attention.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Horus was born of the union between Isis and Osiris, when Osiris was resurrected by her after she collected his 14 severed limbs from along the Nile. The god Thoth magically constructed his penis, out of gold (a solar metal), which allowed Osiris to impregnate Isis. So no, Horus was not born of a virgin. He was the savior-child of Osiris and Isis. A messianic figure born out of the Queen of Heaven and the King of the Dead.

As for the role of Horus, he did not fight the evil Set in a clash of night/day. He fought Set, his uncle, for the right to kingship. Set believed in Osiris' death that he was the heir to the throne. Egyptian royalty dictated that Horus, being Osiris son, was the rightful heir. Their conflict was over who deserved to be Pharaoh. Horus eventually won, overcoming his uncle by emasculating him and poisoning his seed. When Horus became the symbolic Pharaoh it represented the union of Upper and Lower Egypt into a single country, no longer divided in half.

The ubiquitous theme of light/dark, night/day is fulfilled by Rē in the sun bark making his nightly journey through the Underworld, where Apep, the personification of non-existence, attempts to swallow him every night. Rē, aided by a handful of beings (Sekhmet, Set, etc) is able to subdue the serpent nightly though, allowing him to return to life, reborn as Khepri, the morning sun.

Horus did not have disciples, as the Egyptians did not have the 12 constellations of the Zodiac until the Ptolemaic period, when they were under the authority of Greek rulers. The zodiac is not from Egypt.

Not that you actually care.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Thank you for your highly instructive narratives regarding the history of popular mythologies and your own spiritual path. The journey you described, as a general theme, seems to share startling parallels with the path I've found myself on. It's interesting; as much as I try to define my spirituality, I find it does not need to be defined.

This seems to be an ideal the Alekai cling to. I admire that.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Thank you for your highly instructive narratives regarding the history of popular mythologies and your own spiritual path. The journey you described, as a general theme, seems to share startling parallels with the path I've found myself on. It's interesting; as much as I try to define my spirituality, I find it does not need to be defined.

This seems to be an ideal the Alekai cling to. I admire that.

I have to admire the pluck (goose feathers?) of expoused ideas. Who is doing the plucking and why so long to come clean (boiled)? They are instructive; however for me generally, a personal truth does not have to be defended. It is a known unto itself, thereby pure.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

No, the term is Alekaite, from the over-arching system known as Alekai, which stems from the phrase alech hai. Not acolyte, or alocate. An Alekaite can be an acolyte, but we don't have a hierarchical structure, so no one necessarily serves anyone else, unless they wish to.

Vet is a prime example of why we've done our best to keep the system off of websites and the internet though. He is the exact type of person who reads, but does not understand, and then twists out of proportion the goal of the system.

As for me having "made it up," I didn't. I was brought to it by another member who helped me begin the journey. There are, also, at least two other Alekaites on ATS that I am aware of as well. Possibly more, as we have no centralized "Church" which keeps a tabulation of all the members.

Had you bothered to digest the entirety of my post, you'd have seen that the Blood Memory is only the first step of the process. By being Scottish and English you do have ties to Druid heritage. But that does not mean you need to embrace it. Thanks for not paying attention.

~ Wandering Scribe

Hey now, I am not trying to expose dismantle ridicule any thoughtforms; welcome to all Alekaites and if only two are subscribees to ATS (first knoweledge of) why not contribute? Blood memory, that would be the crystaline nature of my DNA residing in such. I embrace all that I was not made aware of--so, reason for the commentary.
Question for you; I do not have the mitochondrial Marker for Eve, that being the marker for any inbreeding. Blood studies in the 80's Genetics dept. determined I am not of a creature/human describing the tomes Creationism or Darwinism. What do you make of that? Genetics and Anthropology Univ. of AZ combined to produce the study.

Why is the term Alekaite/belief system one that no one has heard of other than its band of three? Why not explose it to populace (potentially replace others, ie. religions corrupt) and do a favor major to mankind?

Do not have a choice as to Wiccan-born one as it is and without realizing it practice it. Disconcerting sometimes.
edit on 15-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: Do not stack the cairns in places you don't want to block energy

edit on 15-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: Just thinking

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't understand that post at all.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't understand that post at all.

Its almost as if a dreaming oracle/savant is knocking at the front door; and I do not know if its yesterday or tomorrow? When to answer?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join