It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vast Majority Want Our Nation and Freedoms Back—What’s The Real Obstacle?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

Our government isn't in charge of our government.
Others are.
Ask JFK.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
One of America's main problems is that the budget has been hijacked by hucksters in the military industrial complex. These people, while asserting that they are America's protectors, don't care in the least about the average American and would gladly put him in a cardboard box in tent city to make a buck.

When you think defense industry, think insurance salesman. It'll keep your head straight and you will read all the fine print very carefully.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The #1 problem that we have is LEADERSHIP. Who out there is qualified and trustworthy enough to lead us back to the glory that, WAS ONCE, AMERICA? Who, who, out there can lead us? Does such a person exist?
Will they accept the task? Will they have the GUTS to do what must be done? We need a leader!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pistolerooo

In all serious aside from my clamoring to be made supreme World Leader, it's not just about who's President.
The entire system is flawed.

Politics as a whole is a pathway for many toward wealth and power. There's a certain degree of responsibility attached to a life of politics, but, as a whole the game is more about covering one's own tail, and getting elected/re-elected, making friends with other more powerful people, and ensuring people with money donate toward your future.

The only times that fixing anything that's broken ever really seems to get addressed is when it becomes a media talking point.

The Occupy movement, for instance, was HUGE with demonstrations flashing up all over the planet, but, in Mainstream Media, it was very rarely if ever mentioned, less really discussed.
The issues brought up, as a result, were dismissed as the grumblings of drug deluded hippies and students.
Eventually it all went away, for the most part, and the politicians could continue going on with the business of trying to get elected/re-elected, and gaining favor with those more power or more wealthy.

There are a few honest folks in politics, sure, but, the climate is so business-as-usual, politicking, accruing and asking for favors, and other sorts of greasing the wheels of government machinations that getting anything worthwhile done to any effect, much less fixing anything that's actually wrong without getting some corporate sponsored government puppet on any side of the aisle all up in a panties twisting tizzy is near impossible.

Even if something, whatever righteous cause someone might have gets some air-time, and even gets passed onto law, by the time it does, the whole thing has been compromised, re-re-re-re-re-engineered, committee'd, think tanked, accessorized, omnibussed, cut, clipped, circumcised, augmented, added to, morphed, warped, altered and changed that when it is law, it's barely more than lip service to the spirit of the original design, and all the extra concessions, biases, and favoritisms built into the final product go toward causing or compounding more problems elsewhere while some few profit.

Government is broken.

We need a simple do or die God-Empress/Emperor of the highest attention to altruism.
No arguing. No favors to the people that already live in privilege. Just "This is decreed and it will be so".

Unfortunately, anyone entirely altruistic, sane, and of sound intelligence will never hold any such power, at least not until we're well past singularity when it comes to AI, and we find ourselves under the care, guidance, and control of machines infinitely more intelligent than ourselves.

Thus, at best, all we can really do is wait for either aliens, or wait for the day when/if we can make machines smart enough to make smarter machines that make even smarter machines, that eventually take over and mind us like the children we are.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Another defense industry related comment is that Americans have an absurd notion in their heads that large portions of the rest of the world are out to get them. If America were a person, that person with that idea would be under psychiatric care.

People around the world who hate America do so because America will not play fair with them and will not stop meddling in their affairs. That being said, the America haters don't want to get America, they want America to get out of their hair. That's all.

They don't want American contractors building schools for them in Afghanistan or Iraq. They want them to get the eff out of their countries. Full stop.

America cannot get out of those countries because the American ideal way of life cannot deal with limitations of any sort on resources. For the rest of the world, this is like sharing the swimming pool with a pirhana.

America is a psychotic country, led by psychotic kleptomaniacs. People around the world are getting fed up with it. I don't just mean peons in Central America or Indochina who have had family members murdered through the machinations of America, I mean everybody, even your accomplices, like my own country Canada.

America, straighten up and fly right.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Here I agree with your ideas, and starred you. There may be some differences in how this would play out for I wouldn't have money involved and hence the super rich would not be in the equation. It would go Venus system version that is similiar.

But however the base ideas were, absolute power corrupts absolutely. So every position would need to be a co-position, teamwork position. No one leader, but a group, half men and women who have to get along, and not really all that interested in parties to begin with, unless there are so many that no 2 or 3 get dominance, and so one party doesnt get elected, those teams sharing positions shouldn't be 1 party, they should only legally be allowed to be chosen from average citizens and have no ties to masons, to royalty, to big business or law. I'd rather see, teachers, child care workers, nurses, and ordinary folk.

In addition, I would see instead of a senate or balance to the elected power, would see groups of citizens, well educated, nothing hidden or buried, they would know that the cost of 1 homeless person in services and policing far outweighed social provisions. And there would high standards of living, full equality for all. And the watchdog the other shared positions.

I just don't believe in any form of singular power.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The thing that holds us back is the separation and division they have provided for the human race. So that we never do the right thing, and form councils of citizens, and citizen groups in every town and region, that educates, empowers the poor and gives voices to the homeless,and stands up to city concil, excercies its muscles and will not tolerate this crapola.

The election and voting is a joke. You cannot believe for one minute that your one moment to do anything is that pole every few years.

We need to work together all the time.

And the problem is, it has to be inclusive to all groups. That means no more disrespect to the single mother with the kids on assistance or food stamps,no more putting down, the minorities, or the homeless, it has to be inclusive and understanding/respect for all.

It has to be about equality.

And, there is another big problem. People have no time. They are overworked and underpaid for the most part, and worn out with dysfunctional abandoned children who needed a solid home, a big farm, and parents time and love. Not video games and gangs.

When people are worn out at the end of the day, they need to baby themselves and rest, and if they have anything left over they need to treat their kids or family to something pleasant.

They keep people so busy and stressed which is the only way they can survive, how on earth can they take the time to form those groups.

Its easier and gives more peace of mind to blame victims, believe the lies and spend their little bit of left over energy on family.

This is done by intent by the world's mismanagers.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The real obstacle: A failed two party system where each party merely represents either the left or right butt cheek forgetting that they are nothing but one azz in total.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I can't tell you how stoked I was upon reading your assessment of our aggregate intelligence, and our ability to perceive the flaws in our governing system. I agree completely. We are, by and large, bright enough to smell a serious rat.

I think there are several simple reasons we all find it so difficult to know where to begin to redress those flaws:

1. We have families, jobs, and hardships that come first, and most of our mental capacity is dedicated to keeping on top of our own lives.

2. As flawed as it is, we depend on our government to educate our children, maintain our civic infrastructure, subsidize the care of our elderly, keep our farmers from going bankrupt, etc. If the functioning of our governing body were interrupted, even if only for the time it took to restructure it, I think many of us doubt our ability to take up the slack in those areas.

3. Institutions have an inertia that is proportionate to their size, and our government is truly massive.

I propose tackling the problem right at point two up there^. I know it wouldn't be easy, but we need to be directly involved in and responsible for education, caring for vulnerable citizens, food production, and local government. Starve the system by depriving it of dependents.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Keep telling yourself that, I'm happy with you guys 'thinking' your the majority. Clearly your not. Have a good one, on whatever planet you live on.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

What is the real reason the hundreds of millions of people in this country cannot effect the change needed to preserve or reinstate the rights, freedoms, and future we should have a sovereign right to? Personally, I don’t know which theory is most likely or realistic. Can you guys explain the most likely reason you believe we may never gain our rightful control of our lives?

Cant we just agree that we would never really agree on anything fully. Or at least lets disagree on the things we agree to disagree with. Or maybe we can even disagree on the things we agree with. Its a start you know, and somewhere along the line were bound to get somewhere along that line. I would make myself supreme overlord and fix this all up in jiffy, but its just to much work and ain't nothing in this world worth all that headache, well that and none of you would survive it, trust me I know myself. So I gotz another plan, make all of you work to fix your own dam problems. But before all that, one must be aware of the problems, after all how can you fix a problem if you do not even know you have one. Like duh.

What is the real reason the hundreds of millions of people in this country cannot effect the change needed to preserve or reinstate the rights, freedoms, and future we should have a sovereign right to?

The problem and the real obstacle is manifold, so the solution would have to be that much more, do not be surprised when one thing or one way or one party or one government or one supposed solution does not work. It was never meant to, and it is silly to think otherwise.

Personally, I don’t know which theory is most likely or realistic. Can you guys explain the most likely reason you believe we may never gain our rightful control of our lives?

Its all been said before I don't think it needs to be repeated. And if people do not know, then look it up. But the gist of it is, that when you agree to become a cog in a machine that is exactly what you will get even the act of voting is but a function of that put into action. Its not that you do not have control of your life's, its more along the lines that everybody has control of there life's. They just chose to give that control over to others or the machinations of society, special interest groups, or even other entities, so as you see everybody has rightful control and with that control they chose to give it away. The world is the way it is because everybody cumulatively and over time chose it to be this way, if they so choose then they can choose another way.

Just remember actions speak louder then words, and so you could have all your spiffy presidents or ceo's or leaders or whoever and really they could say and even scream from the top of mountains for years on end about there virtues of this or that, but always there actions will dictate what they really want. And so it is with people, you could say this or that till your blue in the face, it may help and it may even be necessary in the process. But in the end its what you do, not what you say that matters. And it just so happens that the majority of people went and did give up the rightful control they had over themselves and there life's to others they acted upon that. There actions spoke much more strongly then there words, and they got if albeit not what they wanted, they got what they chose to act upon based on what they thought they wanted. You see the system does work, and people do change and make it so. And what you see today is what everybody wanted and acted upon to make it so, and yes even inaction or doing nothing is just another form of action.

Whats that saying...."The only thing evil men need to triumph is for good men to do nothing" I think its a bit simplistic because things are much more complicated then good or evil and much more confusing. But that saying is in effect correct.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join