It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gotta Love MUSE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Their new album "The Second Law" just rocks..

Here is a taster... Unsustainable

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I love Muse, have listened to these guys for years, have all their Albums, good stuff.

Quote from Time is running out:

“I think I'm drowning Asphyxiated I wanna break this spell That you've created You're something beautiful A contradiction I wanna play the game I want the friction You will be the death of me You will be the death of me”

Can't say enough good things about Muse, thanks for posting.

SS

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I didn't like the album at first.. My favorites were always Origin of Symmetry and Showbiz..

I like it a lot now though.. Muse is amazing.

There is a version on youtube of the whole album that is re-ordered.. I like that version better.. I feel like the original order starts of strong with Supremecy, but then has sort of a hole in the middle.. The re-ordered one starts with The 2nd Law Isolated System.. I just feels better that way..

www.youtube.com...

In any case I love Muse!
edit on 12/9/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Even if we could create energy from nothing, our growth would still be unsustainable. In fact if we had access to endless amounts of electrical energy our growth and dismantling of the planet would become even faster and even more unsustainable.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Humanity is only sustainable as a nature culture, or as one total communism..

This is the root cause of the New World Order..

Muse's beautiful sadness on this album fits our current situation to a T.. I'll just enjoy it while it lasts.

I never invested in this system anyway. Somewhere between being born and my 3rd grade teacher reading us a time magazine article about peak oil, I decided never to participate in this current culture. I always knew that you cannot live like this.. Maybe my math centered mind always knew that if you use energy to spread energy you lose energy...

whether powerful people are behind the scenes trying to salvage some dystopian future, or whether we are all just running in circles with no plan, this won't last much longer..

Heh..

oh and happy holidays everyone!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

That sucked!

No wait, that was an emotional response. Let me think about it for a minute.

That sucked!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

you're as funny as a wet sock..

No seriously..

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Awesome to some.. Maximum suckage to others..

I love MUSE.. They dont just make crappy jingles, they create rock art with a message.. Im sure Matt Belamy has an account here as most of his work has a conspiracy angle or is against the system.. One song even says "when zeta's fill the skies, its our leaders in disguise..

I find that song awesome.. And played live is something else! They are by far the best live group in the world..

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by jiggerj

I find that song awesome.. And played live is something else! They are by far the best live group in the world..

I ruined all future concerts for my girl. I took her to her first concert not too long ago. It was muse...

It was the most intense show I have ever been to. Now we don't even want to go to any other show.. We'll just have to see Muse again haha..

MUSE - Origins of Symmetry

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by jiggerj

Awesome to some.. Maximum suckage to others..

I love MUSE.. They dont just make crappy jingles, they create rock art with a message.. Im sure Matt Belamy has an account here as most of his work has a conspiracy angle or is against the system.. One song even says "when zeta's fill the skies, its our leaders in disguise..

It could very well be my headphones. Every now and then I check out American Idol and Xfactor on youtube. Sometimes the performances are perfect, but other times I see the judges do a standing ovation for performers than sounded WAY off key to me.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

It could very well be my headphones. Every now and then I check out American Idol and Xfactor on youtube. Sometimes the performances are perfect, but other times I see the judges do a standing ovation for performers than sounded WAY off key to me.

See, there's your problem.. You watch American Idol and Xfactor, whatever that second one is, I am assuming similar show??

Haha Yuck..

This song is on I think the second guitar hero?? I was at a friends house and he was playing it, on this song.. This is how I discovered Muse.. Ahh man, My life could have used muse way back in the day..

"How can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."

"no one is going to take me alive,
the time has come to make things right
you and I must fight for our rights,
you and I must fight to survive."

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

This is the first song on the New Album MUSE - The 2nd Law: Supremacy.
Very James Bond-esque..

"Wake to see - your true emancipation is a fantasy.
Policies have risen up and overcome the brave.

Greatness dies, unsung and lost, invisible to history.
Embedded spies brainwashing our children to be mean.

You don't have long,
I am on to you
The time, it has come to destroy...

Your supremacy"

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Let the awesomeness continue

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

That's one of my favorites, all though they are all kind of my favorites haha..

After finding out about muse I went to the store to buy an album.. I still like CDs by the way cause I'm just old like that.. I randomly picked one not knowing anything about which ones were which..

I had picked Showbiz..

Here is the track on Showbiz called... Showbiz..

Here's one of the comments:

ThatDamnTeen 5 months ago
And god said, "let there be Muse"...

haha, And it was Good. And then God rested..

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

edit on 9-12-2012 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
These guys are starting to sound very "Queen" like

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Great thread, love MUSE! Went to see them in Paris a couple months ago...was the second time I've seen them play, and it conformed my initial thoughts that indeed they are the best live band I have ever seen! They really are good live, I mean for a trio the sound they create is just awesome, not to mention the song writing and musicality of their stuff, so diverse!

Has anyone read Matt Bellamy's autobiography? Apparently theres some stuff in there about Aliens and conspiracy as he is into all that type of thing, I mean listen to the song 'Uprising'...They shot lazers into space in code when they played at wembley, and another cool thing at Paris, a huge pyramid was behind the band, then when uprising came on the pyramid turned upside down, very symbolic!

new topics

top topics

join