It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Hard-Core Christian Right Conservatives! Here's How Backwards You Really Are!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I said views, meaning based off their religion, not forcing me to join their religion.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Very well-written. The OP is showing a simple cause-and-effect relationship. I remember when I was little, my parents let me drink a little wine at some meals, and sometimes a beer. This, done by many parents, allows their kids to learn moderation and not be affected by a crazy drive to get endlessly wasted once they are out of their parents' house.

I imagine (oh wait know) it must be similar with sex ed. Although people should be free to practice their own religion, that doesn't make it effective.
edit on 9-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Russia has more incidences of teen pregnancy per 1000 (101.7) and Bulgaria is .3 less than the US (83.3). Do you think their problem stems from the right wing conservative Christians as well?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Very well-written. The OP is showing a simple cause-and-effect relationship.

One that has a speculative relationship nonetheless, but if it fits your view of the world I guess it was "very well-written". It was skewed to fit the narrative of the OPs assertion that "hard-core Christian right conservatives" is the cause of teen pregnancy. There is no direct cause and effect going on. It may be a factor and lead to it, but the issue isn't that simple, no matter how people want to play it.

I imagine (oh wait know) it must be similar with sex ed. Although people should be free to practice their own religion, that doesn't make it effective.
edit on 9-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

It could be and it could not be. Many more factors other than religious teaching go into this equation. Take for instance a study cited by Teenhelp.com:

-- 82 percent feel that teens should not be sexually active.
-- 73 percent feel that being a virgin should not be embarrassing
-- 58 percent feel that high-school age teens should not be sexually active
-- Fewer than one half of teens in high school have had sex

Those are interesting numbers and obviously we cannot discern their upbringing to make a correlation; just like the OP cannot. Just because you agree with the premise doesn't make it correct. Even the link I provided leads to an article discussing teen pregnancy and religion. They go so far to say that "Many studies suggest that the link between teenage pregnancy and religion indicate that religious teens are having sex more often than non-religious teens." While it very well may be true, why not link or cite those studies? If there are many, it shouldn't be hard to do so.

I have a hard time seeing how the OP is well-written sense it is steeped in ideology and religious baiting.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

Don't have sex until marriage. Outlaw abortion. Problem solved.

For me, it's a complete turn off to know a woman wants to bed me and we aren't married. It actually sort of grosses me out, but whatever.
edit on 9-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions

Originally posted by ShotGunRum
Christians just want to control people. That's all religion is about; control.

Wrong. Christianity is all about choices, love, and respect of yourself, god, and others.

The BIG problem with all religions underlined and now lower case as it deserves because MAN created god!!!

You don't need religion to love, and have respect for yourself and others that's what religion tries to claim a monopoly on.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Don't have sex until marriage. Outlaw abortion.

Problem solved.

Sure would be nice if problems like these could be solved or controlled so easily. However, social issues just don't seem to operate or malfunction in such a simple manner.

Maybe we should just force children to get married when they are like 10 years old and this whole marriage out of wedlock thing could be sidestepped all together!!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Naw.

If you think you're old enough to have sex. Then you are old enough to get out of my house and get a job and finish going to High School.

It is easy to control. It's my rules or the highway.

---------------------

There is no they are going to do it any way bull either. Try it. See if it was worth it.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The Sexual Health Thermometer published by the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) shows that 113,00 people had themselves tested for STDs in 2011, an increase of eight percent compared to the year before.

This is from your article. Do you think that the reason the diagnoses has gone up is because of more people getting themselves tested?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Don't have sex until marriage. Outlaw abortion. Problem solved.

For me, it's a complete turn off to know a woman wants to bed me and we aren't married. It actually sort of grosses me out, but whatever.

Reality being the biggest problem to that solution.
It is a good thing that we do not usually solve problems in the real world in that manner.

Preventing sex before marriage is impossible.
Outlawing abortions is technically possible but realistically speaking not very likely to happen.

Making abortions illegal while the fact remains that sex before marriage is impossible to control or enforce will then drive woman and young girls to go to shady underground places for the abortion creating a whole new illegal market that can take advantage of them or to have a child for which they cannot provide a proper upbringing or worse.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I'm guessing you aren't a parent? If you are, I'm speechless.

And if you are a parent and you advocate the repression of your young then you are a terrible parent.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

reply to post by ShotGunRum

Perhaps, but I don't need religion to tell me that promoting teenage sex is piss poor parenting. It is irresponsible and disgusting...and I don't care what a YouTube video says about the Netherlands and their teenage sex culture.

How is teenage sex a bad thing? Honestly, I'm sure you were a teenager a one point.
It's half of what they want to do!
But to teach them that sex is wrong until you are 18, and keep them away from the
protection to keep them from having children when they are not ready is asking for trouble.

Your methods of parenting are the reason why teen pregnancy is a problem in this country.

I'm curious. Do you have teenagers of your own? Are they pregnant or have gotten someone pregnant?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Wow awesome post there Milo. S&F for you. very informative. I know there was some variation but did'nt know it was so severe! I'm not surprised in the least though! America land of the truely ignorant and ass backwards!
I would bet that the right wing conservatives are also more prone to abuse, alcohol and bigotry! They are socially like a 3rd world country!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Christians just want to control people. That's all religion is about; control.

I don't mean to sound like a religious zealot but i believe It has been used as a controlling mechanism though its Purpose was supposed to bring us closer togeather! It's just unfortunate that many unscrupulous men have used scripture as a means to an end! I believe, but not in any church just the love of Jesus Christ, the sacrifices he made and that one day he will reign judgement on the wickedness of men! On that day may the good Lord have mercy on those that used religion to further their ends, cause they will suffer unrelenting torment!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I'm guessing you aren't a parent? If you are, I'm speechless.

I'm guessing you're an ignorant parent who understands nothing about psychology. Put in place strict rules and children are just more tempted to break those rules. Treat them like independent individuals who own their body and they will act like intelligent independent individuals. The data speaks for its self. Not to mention your opinion is heavily biased because it's the result of decades of western indoctrination to make you view sex in a certain way. If a teenager is feeling sexual urges, and their body is ready for sex, then there's nothing wrong with it, and who are you to say nature must be wrong?
edit on 9/12/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

reply to post by mOjOm

Naw.

If you think you're old enough to have sex. Then you are old enough to get out of my house and get a job and finish going to High School.

It is easy to control. It's my rules or the highway.

---------------------

There is no they are going to do it any way bull either. Try it. See if it was worth it.

I think if I were your kid I'd be having sex before marriage just to get out of your house...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
"Hard-core Christian Right Conservatives" don't produce the occult tv and films that promote sex, drugs, violence and such which push it's new liberal morality onto the population, resulting in the vast majority of these 'unwanted' pregnancies.

"Hard-core Christian Right Conservatives' aren't the ones who defined these babies as 'unwanted'.

"Hard-core Christian Conservatives" don't push the killing of a baby as the solution to unwanted pregnancy nor did they legalise this murder.

"Hard-core Christian Conservatives" had absolutely zero to do with glorifying sex, the sexual revolution, nor the legalisation of baby killing.

"Hard-core Christian Conservatives" fight the same fight as Jesus - preaching the Word of Truth that the world does not want to hear. Likewise the preaching that the consequences of choosing evil leads to death, and thus abortion always follow heathenism and paganism because the fruit of the glorification of free sex must be disposed of in some manner. The sexual revolution was glorified in America, and within a decade the demand to make baby killing legal saw it's fulfillment.

"Hard-core Conservative Christians" will steadfastly follow the law of God written in their heart which is clear - abortion is murder, the deliberate taking of innocent life. They will also teach their children that glorifying sex and letting it's strong passions consume your every waking moment is nothing more than how many in Israel were led astray over the years.

"Hard-core Christian Conservatives" didn't introduce the sexual revolution, nor demand the right to butcher the unborn, nor produce any of the media that glorifies sex above God, nor teach the nation's children that a baby is a mass of cells and expendable. But yet OP, you blame them for the high incidence of abortion and teenage pregnancy in our lands. I don't think you understand just how illogical you sound. In fact, you simply want to rid this planet of the voice of Truth because it reminds you of just how evil it truly is. Put the blame where blame lies - with the people convinced that having free sex is so desirable that they justify any and all reasoning to uphold the killing of innocent babies which allows them to stay wallowing in a lifestyle whereby their sexual lusts can still be fulfilled.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

reply to post by beezzer

And religious nutcases are in power in this country. They try to force their religious views on everyone else.
I do dare ask, what person in power has influenced you or forced you to join a certain religion? Many have expressed their beliefs, but I have yet to run across one that has forced me........

Actually he is quite correct when he says they try and force their religious views onto us! And all those congressmen and legitimate rape and all those nutty views they have! Saying a woman has the ability to
shut her body down and she should'nt be allowed to have an abortion, If a woman has been drinking she should not be allowed to charge a man with rape and that is just the tip of the iceberg! I'm not so keen on abortion
but if a woman is raped she should not have to be reminded of her attacker every time she sees her baby!
There is tons of stuff on ATS, so if anyones interested do a search on legitimate rape, conservative congressmen on rape anything to this effect!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I was 17 when i got pregnant, therefore i had a teenage pregnancy. I do not regret having my baby one little bit , but , i was taught nothing about sex by my parents. With them it wasn't a subject we talked about, when i got my period i thought i was bleeding to death!
If people are more open about sex, teenage preganancy's wouldn't occur so much . Kids would have the knowledge to prevent them.A little bit of knowledge goes a long way , i talk to my kids about sex, an im still not a grandmother now my daughter is 21, they are waiting for the right time to have kids .

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Basically, (according to the OP) conservative christians shouldn't be allowed to raise their children according to their religious beliefs.

These parents should raise their children in a state-sponsored secular humanist fashion.

Did I get it right?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join