It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Fears of Terrorism Hide Real Biological Attack, Assault on Voting Rights

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
UPDATE

�60% of Americans Have or Are at Risk for High Blood Pressure�
content.health.msn.com...

High blood pressure linked to severe brain lesions. "White matter lesions in the brain that are associated with stroke and dementia are commonly seen in people with unstable blood pressure, European investigators report."
www.heartcenteronline.com...

RE: �High blood pressure causes �cognitive decline� and dementia in young people as well as old�
www.medscape.com...
www.healthfinder.gov...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
"The World Health Organization, the British and American Medical Associations, and several other groups have expressed concern that if the "antibiotic resistant marker genes" used in GM foods got transferred to bacteria, it could create super-diseases that are immune to antibiotics.59-60 More worrisome is that the "promoter" used inside GM foods could get transferred to bacteria or internal organs. Promoters act like a light switches, permanently turning on genes that might otherwise be switched off. Scientists believe that this might create unpredictable health effects, including the potentially pre-cancerous cell growth found in the animal feeding studies mentioned above.37"

seedsofdeception.com...

Think about who controls agriculture in this country, who develops and promotes food with all kinds of modifications. And isn't the whole explosion of obesity rather recent? Sick as it may seem, I really like big macs and fries and always had them for my Friday junk food treat. I've read enough about agribusiness to actually quit eating fast food, and for me that's a sacrifice.

Also, read a book called Fateful Harvest, about a town in Quincy, WA who's farms were a legal dumping ground for all kinds of toxic waste. It was called fertilizer and put all over crops for human and animal consuption. That has got to add up in our bodies and wreak all kinds of biological havoc.

whyfiles.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saerlaith

Could genetically modified foods have something to do with it?

Great references Saerlaith. Thanks.

...Yes, I think GM foods play a role. But one of the mistakes people tend to make is to look for old-science direct cause-and-effect relationships. ...The world is much more complicated.

The most successful research - and real understanding - results from investigating multiple 'factors' that contribute to a situation (ie., a disease, event, etc). ...Everything has an 'ecology' and interrelatedness - and the situation we see is often just one aspect of numerous processes that we are able to identify. Meaning there's always more to the story...

Have you ever studied complex adaptive systems? ...It's a pretty hot topic in the computer world, but REALLY important to natural sciences like biology, geophysics, and ecology...

PS. Sorry I took so long to get back to you. Dealing with personal limitations. LOL.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

...now the University of Pennsylvania Alzheimer's Disease Center has established an arm for �Developing Practical Guidelines for Voting by Persons with Dementia.� The guidelines look beyond dementia to other mental disorders and competencies.

UPDATE

After further consideration and research, I have concluded that the U of Penn may actually be working to PREVENT abuse of this situation. However, it remains a significant problem with over 60% of Americans at risk - and subject to episodic and chronically degenerative mental dysfunction.

As long as the short and long term effects of this epidemic are denied and the public remains uniformed on the related issues, we are subject to manipulation. Whether we like it or not, and whether we choose to recognize the facts or not, this issue is being addressed medically and legally - and our voting rights are at risk.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The gist of the argument is economic:

Global Bill for Alzheimer's Nears Quarter-Trillion Dollars

The estimated total worldwide cost of caring for people with Alzheimer's disease and dementia now tops $248 billion U.S annually, researchers said Sunday.

That estimate, based on a worldwide prevalence estimate of nearly 28 million people with Alzheimer's and dementia, includes a newly determined figure of $92 billion for informal care costs. That amount was combined with an earlier estimate of $156 billion earmarked for direct care costs.

Informal care refers to patient care provided at no cost, usually by family members and friends. Direct (or formal) care refers to paid professional health care services, such as treatment, ongoing daily care, and housing. ..."Dementia care is a mix of professional care and family care giving, and this mix is not uniform throughout the world," researcher Dr. Anders Wimo, of the Stockholm Gerontology Research Center and Aging Research Center at Karolinska Institute, said in a prepared statement. ..."Nevertheless, it is obvious that worldwide costs are substantial, and the expected increase of elderly people, especially the anticipated rapid increase in developing countries, presents a great challenge for social and health care systems," he added.

...And that's without counting the expected increase in Alzheimer's and dementia cases resulting from diabetes.

Studies Link Diabetes to Risk of Alzheimer’s

Several new studies suggest that diabetes increases the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, adding to a store of evidence that links the disorders. The studies involve only Type 2 diabetes, the most common type, which is usually related to obesity. ...The connection raises an ominous prospect: that increases in diabetes, a major concern in the United States and worldwide, may worsen the rising toll from Alzheimer’s. The findings also add dementia to the cloud of threats that already hang over people with diabetes, including heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, blindness and amputations.

“Alzheimer’s is going to swamp the health-care system,” said Dr. John C. Morris, a neurology professor at Washington University in St. Louis, and an advisor to the Alzheimer’s Association. ...In the past decade, several large studies found that, compared to healthy people of the same age and sex, those with Type 2 diabetes were twice as likely to develop Alzheimer’s. The reason is not known, but researchers initially suspected that cardiovascular problems caused by diabetes might contribute to dementia by blocking blood flow to the brain or causing strokes.

More recently, though, scientists have begun to think that the diseases are connected in other ways as well. In both, destructive deposits of amyloid, a type of protein, build up: in the brain in Alzheimer’s, in the pancreas in Type 2 diabetes. ...About 20 million people in the United States have Type 2 diabetes. The number has doubled in the past two decades. Another 41 million are “pre-diabetic,” with blood sugar rising toward the diabetic level. Diabetes rates are expected to increase because rates of obesity are rising, and epidemiologists predict that one in three American children born in 2000 will eventually develop Type 2.

Worldwide, diabetes is also on the rise, increasing to 230 million cases from 30 million in the past 20 years.

All together now, Let's blame the victims!

Even though it is patently obvious that all these diseases are not just related, they are infectious - and being spread by the food and drug industries, at least. Alzheimer's, dementia, diabetes and obesity obviously are symptoms of a common underlying prion-related disease.

But hey. Let's keep it simple. Let's just solve the problem - not by curing disease or removing the cause - but by taking away everyone's voting rights and dismantling democracy.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
err, I must agree with sofi's premise here. There is so significant evidence to support FMD as an outbreak from a manmade mistake. There is much data of prion infection.

As for the voting rights.........There are many whom should not be allowed to vote because they are insane.........yer about 50%

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Just to let you know, I didnt read this whole post.. Just the 1st part.

You know I dont care if they take away our rights or give everyone even animals the right to vote. You know why.. Because its all rigged. So I dont think it matters what they do. As long as we allow them to make up numbers then its no big deal to me.. For that matter anyone else.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
err, I must agree with sofi's premise here. There is so significant evidence to support FMD as an outbreak from a manmade mistake. There is much data of prion infection.

...AND that each "distinct" disease simply is a new prion strain that developed on exposure to different cells, or with environmental changes (like temperature shifts).

As for the voting rights.........There are many whom should not be allowed to vote because they are insane.........yer about 50%

But seriously - nearly 100% of the US population has FMD by adulthood, according to autopsy studies. This means ALL of our rights are on the line here. Not to mention our democracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join