It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Fears of Terrorism Hide Real Biological Attack, Assault on Voting Rights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The US is under biological attack � by an epidemic disease called fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD). The solution? Take away victims� voting rights. Why? Because FMD causes high blood pressure. Which causes �cognitive decline� and dementia in young people not just the old, says a new study in November's issue of Hypertension. Meanwhile, the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) published a recommendation saying voters should take a �standardized mental competency test� � those who fail will lose their right to vote.

www.medscape.com
�High blood pressure is likely to cause cognitive decline in young people as well as old, �dementia is growing fast into one of the principal causes of major disability and mortality," Drs. Staessen and Birkenhager write. ��Public research bodies, regulators, and the pharmaceutical industry should no longer remain indifferent, but take up the gauntlet. Quo usque tandem abutere patientia nostra?�

(Rough translation: Where is this cover-up going and do you really think we�re going to back you up all the way?)� �
NOTE: Medscape is a respected medical journal; registration is free.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

JAMA�s piece on voting competency was basically a trial balloon. It flew, and now the University of Pennsylvania Alzheimer's Disease Center has established an arm for �Developing Practical Guidelines for Voting by Persons with Dementia.� The guidelines look beyond dementia to other mental disorders and competencies.

Over one third of Americans adults are diagnosed with high blood pressure � many more suffer without diagnosis or treatment. Now, high blood pressure is becoming widespread in children and youth. The �metabolic syndrome� also is reported as common in teens; it is a cluster of disorders associated with obesity, diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure. All of these illnesses lead to memory and concentration problems, mood and other disorders and eventually, dementia.

Underlying the high blood pressure epidemic is the fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD) epidemic. FMD causes high blood pressure, the metabolic syndrome and a broad range of seemingly unrelated diseases and disorders.

Over 3.5 million new cases of FMD in adults were reported in the USA in 2003 alone, and FMD is not required to be reported. The disease is chronically progressive and until recently, usually took decades to become disabling or life threatening. Younger patients now are being diagnosed more and more often.

FMD can be acquired, sporadic or transmitted congenitally. Congenital transmission often includes genetic mutations. The disease is infectious but likely not contagious. As it progresses and spreads through the body inside lymph and blood vessel walls, FMD damages the immune, nervous and hormonal systems, and the metabolism � as well as slowly destroying vessel walls, tissues and organs. Eventually, FMD results in stroke, heart attack, ruptured aneurysms, arterial dissection or kidney failure. Victims often are disabled before death, mentally as well as physically.

Disease progression is accelerated by many medications and exposure to common contaminants in food, air and water.

FMD�s spread could be curbed with more effective decontamination, sterilization and filtering processes in the food, health and water management industries. Progression could be delayed or halted with proper controls on drug approvals, and environmental and industrial clean-ups to remove chemical and other triggers. Stem cell therapy promises treatment for people with advanced stages or mutated forms of the disease.

None of these measures to prevent and treat FMD are supported or approved. Instead, current policies blame the victims and promote �Personal Responsibility in Health� legislation. In fact, many people cannot afford doctors visits, treatment or drug costs. So the machine pushes �mental competency tests� for voters.

Victims are cut loose and slated for disfranchisement. They will lose their right to vote along with their health, function and lives.

]Related News Links:

www.healthfinder.gov...
health.discovery.com
www.uphs.upenn.edu
maillist.linuxmednews.org
www.heartcenteronline.com...
www.who.int...

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.atsnn.com...
www.atsnn.com...
www.atsnn.com...

[edit on 24-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I don't know, sounds like another attempt to cut out a section of the voting public.

If this flies, I feel i will be used to prevent people from voting against what those in power want-scary stuff.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Not just a section, but a section that is probably paying an arm and a leg for medical care and perscription drugs, one of Kerrys main points of leverage.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The size of the affected 'section' is huge - well over 50%. ...so not just attacking voting rights here - the ol' boys are restructuring democracy, and down-sizing. LOL.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
The US has been under biological attack since Bush became President � but not by bioterrorists. A disease called fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD) went epidemic in the late 1990�s,

Now this is a misleading topic.....first of all who was president in the 1990s? Was it Bush?..... No, it was Clinton until the elections in 2000.....

i don't know much about that site, you have to become a member..and I mistrust giving any information to a site I do not know at all.

I don't even know how this news was accepted, being so misleading and obviously biased trying to blame the Bush administration when it was not in office of something that "supposedly", which I am doubting even thou it's supposed to have happened under Clinton....

[edit on 24-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Maudib - FYI - Medscape is a respected professional medical journal. You have nothing to fear there.

Also FYI - FMD first appeared in the early 1900's, following the first mass vaccinations in the USA. It was officially recognized in 1938, after it was found to be transmitted congenitally (Leadbetter and Burkland). ...The disease has been spreading and mutating since, but took a major leap at the end of the 1990's following the release of COX-2 inhibitors and the removal of pollution controls. ...What appears to have happened is that new drugs and greater environmental contamination radically speeded disease progression in infected victims.

...The main issue here is the lack of action and failure to respond to a serious situation. ...Ie., why focus on possible but not present bioterrorist threats when there is a rampant epidemic already decimating the nation. ...And why not work to prevent disease spread and progression, and find better treatments? ....and WHY work instead to disenfranchise victims, instead of helping them?

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Also FYI - FMD first appeared in the early 1900's, following the first mass vaccinations in the USA. It was officially recognized in 1938, after it was found to be transmitted congenitally (Leadbetter and Burkland). ...The disease has been spreading and mutating since, but took a major leap at the end of the 1990's following the release of COX-2 inhibitors and the removal of pollution controls. ...

...The main issue here is the lack of action and failure to respond to a serious situation. ...Ie., why focus on possible but not present bioterrorist threats when there is a rampant epidemic already decimating the nation. ...And why not work to prevent disease spread and progression, and find better treatments? ....and WHY work instead to disenfranchise victims, instead of helping them?

Once again, the supposed mutation happened at the end of the 1990's...so it started happening under Clinton's watch....the article is still misleading....and if this is true, something is probably being done about it, they wouldn't be telling the public but would be working on it without creating more panic, we have enough panic to deal with at the moment. Is better to deal with something like this, if it is true..., without people going into a panic state and making riots on the streets.

BTW, this is all starting to sound too much like a "Resident Evil, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 8 Days" type scenario...

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Also Maudib - the stats on high blood pressure are very well known - and not at all in question.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Also Maudib - the stats on high blood pressure are very well known - and not at all in question.

Yeah, a lot more adults, and also younger people, are a lot more obese now than ever before....
what are one of the problems obesity causes?

---edited to correct gramatic error---

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Mutations have been ongoing - what happened at the end of the 1990's was an incredible spike in sudden progression. The mutation angle is another story entirely - wanna talk about the actin protein, bird flu, new strains of rabies, West Nile virus etc?

RE: Your advice to lie back, relax, enjoy it - and let the big boys make the important decisions. You mean smart, capable, committed advisors like Kenneth Lay and Merck's Gilmartin. I don't think so.

I have faith in humanity, but I don't think those guys are actually human. Would rather trust the unwashed masses.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Obesity is linked to fibroblast mutations (the stem cells for connective tissue, including fat cells) - again, basic cause is infectious, progression is triggered by exposure to chemical and other contaminants. ...congenital transmission often includes mutations in (maternal) mitochondrial RNA.

...check the Environmental Health Perspectives links for updates on environmental causes/triggers for obesity.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Mutations have been ongoing - what happened at the end of the 1990's was an incredible spike in sudden progression. The mutation angle is another story entirely - wanna talk about the actin protein, bird flu, new strains of rabies, West Nile virus etc?

I have faith in humanity, but I don't think those guys are actually human. Would rather trust the unwashed masses.

You are still trying to avoid the truth that the thread is misleading....

That first, second, exactly what can people do with this kind of information? Are the regular people on the streets going to find a cure? Why didn't the Clinton administration make this public either?....

BTW, what about obesity...it causes high blood preassure, and there is a rise on obese people in the States that never happened before.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The articles you are giving don't seem to say the main cause of high blood preassure, and the main problem obesity causes is high blood pressure as well as diabetes among other problems.

Overweight and Obesity
Obesity Trends
U.S. Obesity Trends 1985 to 2002
BMI > 30, or ~ 30 lbs. overweight for 5'4" woman

During the past 20 years there has been a dramatic increase in obesity in the United States. In 1985 only a few states were participating in CDC's Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) and providing obesity data. In 1991, four states were reporting obesity prevalence rates of 15�19 percent and no states reported rates at or above 20 percent. In 2002, 18 states have obesity prevalence rates of 15�19 percent; 29 states have rates of 20�24 percent; and 3 states have rates over 25 percent.

Excerpted from.
www.cdc.gov...

Is the government also guilty of the rise in obesity in the States?

----Edited to change wrong statement on the article not mentioning obesity---

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
i see you finally edited the misleading "blame the Bush administration" part....
BTW, I wasn't trying to downplay "part" of the original thread....what was misleading is the obvious bias you put on the article saying the bush administration was at fault when this started before the Bush administration... The rise in high blood preassure in the US has a lot to do with "obesity," not only FMD.

There is something people can do about obesity.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
...I did my edit before I came online - trying to make the piece better. Posted it before I read your crit - or I might have left it. FYI - Nader is the only candidate I know who even talks about epidemic disease as an issue - and you know how popular he is with the voting electorate...

RE: Clinton Bush culpability. ...The reports regarding COX-2 inhibitors like Vioxx started rolling in after Bush was in power - and it looks like his administration helped protect old family friend Merck, Vioxx manufacturer. Also, Bush dismantled numerous pollution controls, and his administration does not enforce most that are left. ,,,all of these things accelerate progression.
You'll love this one:
www.atsnn.com...

RE: Obesity - the "Personal Responsibility in Health" spin is the largest pile of manure I've ever tripped over. ...We're talking infectious origins here, and multifactorial triggers. And corporate culpability. For an update on the causes of obesity from your government, check out:
ehp.niehs.nih.gov...

Let me know when you're done, and I'll find you some links on the metabolic syndrome.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

...I did my edit before I came online - trying to make the piece better. Posted it before I read your crit - or I might have left it. FYI - Nader is the only candidate I know who even talks about epidemic disease as an issue - and you know how popular he is with the voting electorate...

RE: Clinton Bush culpability. ...The reports regarding COX-2 inhibitors like Vioxx started rolling in after Bush was in power - and it looks like his administration helped protect old family friend Merck, Vioxx manufacturer. Also, Bush dismantled numerous pollution controls, and his administration does not enforce most that are left. ,,,all of these things accelerate progression.
You'll love this one:
www.atsnn.com...

RE: Obesity - the "Personal Responsibility in Health" spin is the largest pile of manure I've ever tripped over. ...We're talking infectious origins here, and multifactorial triggers. And corporate culpability. For an update on the causes of obesity from your government, check out:
ehp.niehs.nih.gov...

Let me know when you're done, and I'll find you some links on the metabolic syndrome.

Did you even read that this is happening in other countries also? so it's the US once more the sole contributor and the cause of this?

Soficrow, I am not going to say that there are no unscrupulous pharmaceutical executives who would do almost anything for money...but your blame on "two" administrations ( first in one administration and now on two....)over something that is happening all over the world seems obvious...

And you might have left misleading information? First who are you? are you a mod? i don't see you listed as a reporter... and how can you post some misleading info and say you would have left it knowing it was misleading?.....

You see...the problem I have with this is the "voter's are being targetted to get this infectious dissease and Bush is behind it"....so are only democrats and liberals being affected by this?

There are other problems happening like fish mutating which I reported, yet i don't place the blame on Bush's administration....it is a blame that goes to everyone involved if they knew these were the results...and its something that has been happening for sometime and didn't just appear these last 4 years...... the bias in your post is obvious...i am still trying to figure out how you not being a reporter, or a mod...unless you are using another name, can make a report , and with misleading information......

Originally only your name appeared as the poster and only editor, now Banshee's name is showing.

[edit on 25-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
...Yes Maudib - all the "modern" diseases are epidemic world wide. ...but this article is about Bush policies to deal with the epidemics in the USA during his tenure. Specifically, what is needed but has NOT been done:

1 - curbing the spread - ie., more effective decontamination, sterilization and filtering processes in the food, health and water management industries.

2- measures to delayor halt progression - ie., proper controls on drug approvals, and environmental and industrial clean-ups to remove chemical and other triggers.

3 - better treatments, if not a cure - ie., Stem cell therapy promises treatment for people with advanced stages or mutated forms of the disease.

MOST important - the article identifies a movement to disenfranchise sick people, instead of helping them. ...How about we talk about that?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Let's see...how long has this been happening using info taken from another country.....

Service de Chirurgie Thoracique et Cardio-Vasculaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Montpellier, France.

Fifty-eight patients underwent 72 operations for symptomatic fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD) between 1970 and 1986. There were 35 females and 23 males aged between 36 and 76 years (average 56). Among the 72 operated on lesions (11 bilateral) FMD stenotic lesions (string of beads, tubular, focal) were isolated (32) or associated with elongation (tortuosity, coiling, kink) in 24 cases, FDM aneurysms (7), and dissecting pseudoaneurysms (9).

Excerpted from.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

As you can see this has been happening for sometime...

[edit on 25-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The FMD epidemic went waayyyy out of control under Bush - due to his actions, inaction and failure to respond. Bush is the Commander-in-Chief. He is responsible for what happens under his watch. So let's talk about Bush.

1 - Bush did not regulate sterilization and decontamination procedures for newly identified microbes - so food, health and water industries spread FMD and a host of new mutations.

2 - Bush removed existent pollution controls - so his buddies are free to release contaminants that cause the disease to progress rapidly.

3 - Bush did not respond to reports that COX-2 inhibitors like Vioxx shut down the body's immune response to FMD, but instead protected the Merck corporation (old family friends) - so people got sucked into paying for triggers that cause the disease to spread rapidly, when they thought they were getting good medicine.

...Now it looks like Bush and his buddies are going to solve the epidemic problem by taking away victims' voting rights. ...and you support this?

[edit on 25-10-2004 by soficrow]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This issue is incredibly important - to me personally, and to the world. It's been buried - because it's complicated; the science is hard to understand; it's invisible and quiet and doesn't ignite to make a big loud bang.

So I'm bumping it. Maybe I'm not supposed to do that but I have to - I've spent the last 2 years learning the basics of anatomy, molecular biology, genetics, proteomics and more, just so I could understand this f***ing disease. And what I've learned has knocked me on my butt, over and over again. And what I see happening, out of view in plain sight, scares the pants off of me. ...Not because of the biology, which is admittedly a bit horrifying, but more the policies.

...This epidemic is killing half the people it hits, and slowly destroying the rest. I know because I did the research - and I'm one of them. I was diagnosed in 1990 - had an angioplasty, at the age of 38 - was told FMD is incurable and would progress but would be treatable. It was the latest, hottest disease at the time. All the interns were talking about it.

But today - FMD has disappeared. Most doctors claim they've never heard of it. and people die. or get disabled before they hit 45 or 55 and lose their homes or go bankrupt. I'm one of the lucky ones - I know what I'm dealing with - most people don't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join