It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsayers await the end of the world

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Dear karen61560,

There are always some crazies who will believe anything; but, truthfully very few people actually believe the world is ending in December, not even the Mayans believe it. Let us just consider ATS, how many people here believe the world is going to end and how many make fun of them for it?

What most people should no is that the currencies are going to crash. What we know is that the IMF is promoting the idea of hyperinflating all the currencies and one time and then crashing them. The Chicago Plan Revisited. Funny how there is so much media about the doomsdayers and so little about the real coming catastrophe, maybe it is just a bit of misdirection.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
People are making jokes about the upcoming apocalypse like there is no tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
People are making jokes about the upcoming apocalypse like there is no tomorrow.

Best one yet.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The world can't come to an end on Dec. 21, 2012. My daughter and grandson are coming on the 23rd. Don't want to miss that. Have not seen my daughter and grandson for 6 months so we better not go poof !!!! LOL

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dfsjr51

Im expecting a baby girl in April.

It would really suck to miss that.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dfsjr51

Well said, we still have much to live for...you, I and ATS

Into 2013 with the swiftness of a Ninja I say!

Swaaa.

SS

edit on 083131p://pm3146 by Spike Spiegle because: edit

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dfsjr51

The Bible states that there will be a 7 year Tribulation and wrath . There will also be a 1000 year here on earth where Jesus reigns here . That's 1007 years . Now if you watch Ancient Aliens there is also a convergence of events about this time . We may be starting some really scary times . The Bible prophesy has some really big things about to happen . The Ezekiel 38 war with Russia and the Arabs is about to let loose . The Temple will be built in Jerusalem and the Mark of the Beast / Global Government will soon be reality .It's going to happen quickly when it does .

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Many of you will be disappointed. The world isn't ending in a poof, but at the hands of Mega Mayan. Mega Mayan will ride to earth atop a Jaguar.

The thing about Mega Mayan is he is 300-ft. tall. While conventional biology state such a land creature would be structural mis-match, you are precluding that this is December 21st and he is magick.

Our mortal weapons are useless against him. Compared to dangers that is the irradiated vaccum of space our nuclear devices are harmless.

He will also bring about the mind shift that many people are predicting. Being 300-ft. tall what he voids is a noxious and intoxicating blend of salvia and marijuana.

Now you are all alerted to Mega Mayan.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23
Pole shifts don't make Earth spin, at least, they haven't in any research of the past. If they do, then there is no known geologic record. Pole shifts are magnetic pole reversals. The Earth's magnetic field weakens, then shuts down briefly as it begins to go the other way. At least, that's what all of the knowledge, evidence, and research shows. During the time we're lacking a field, we would want to take care to avoid massive solar flares, and i'm guessing our toilets might flush the other way when it flips.

That's right, they don't have any research of the past to prove it or disprove it. It is and remains an UNKNOWN !

Now, Earth WILL cross the Galactic Equator on Dec 21, 2012, just like it does twice every year. As far as crossing the galactic plane. Well, who cares if we cross it on Dec 21st? We'll be long-dead. We're currently an estimated 75-100 LIGHT-years away from the Galactic Plane, so in order for us to make it there by Dec 21st, Earth would have to travel a Bre minimum 1,950 times the speed of light.

Again, you are WRONG! Go back and re read what I stated. The Galactic Plane of the Milky Way Galaxy. DUH!
And, we are on the OUTSIDE EDGE of the Milky Way, not in it.

So before you start deriding people for "not doing their homework" and acting all high-and-mighty with this alleged knowledge yoy have which runs contrary to everything we know about physics, and requires everyone on the planet with a telescope to be in on some grand conspiracy hiding the approach of Nibiru which, according to your thinking, should be more visible than Pluto by now, being larger and only a couple weeks out from entering our solar system.

No, I get to point out that YOU are wrong. Thank you for that opportunity. And yes, our PHYSICS are not always RIGHT either ! Well, actually, you must come out of your man cave sometime or pop your head out of the sand and start taking a good look around you. Things are coming to light DAILY about a good many things we have not known about.

Sl ignore the truth and make fun of those who use at least SOME semblance of thinking, rather than just humping on any impossible-without-magic crackpot idea you read all you want. I just hope you're not disappointed when Earth doesn't disintegrate when it begins it's 2000x Light-Speed maneuver to get to the Galactic Plane by 12/21 (and that's the minimum speed if the jump to 2000x^e starts right now.
edit on 12/9/2012 by dogstar23 because: couplebof bad typos. "what" almost looked like an attempt to avoid sensors. my phone is stupid.

Little boys have no respect for their Elders. You need to be taken out behind the wood shed for a lesson in manners and respect.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Dear Spike Spiegle,

I don't think many people actually believe the world will end this year. How many people do you personally know that actually believe the world ends this month, I don't know one. Seems more about telling the masses that people believe it then there are actually people who do.

What I have noticed the past few weeks is that people who I know from different "circles" are beginning to blurt out statements pertaining to the "end of the world" which makes me realize that many of them have deliberated the significance of 12/21/12 ( for God knows how long)...even if they are admitting to it at "the eleventh hour." They appear to have a need to talk about it...strange, yet predictable.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by elrem48

Dear elrem48,

It is not surprising that people are talking about it when it is in every tv show, movie and news cast; but, that doesn't mean people actually believe it. I see no evidence of the average person caring in the least. Sure we have bunkers being made; but, many of those are for the wealthy who rightly believe the economy is going to crash. Here is what science does believe, one day the world as we know it will be drastically changed due to the sun going into supernova or an asteroid hitting the earth; but, we have no reason to believe either of those things will happen tomorrow. Just because the world does not end this year does not mean that we should not concern ourselves with volcanoes, solar flares or magnetic pole shifts because those things will continue to happen.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Yes I agree it is "everywhere" ( the end of the world), although sometimes mentioned quite discreetly. However, if some of these people are similar to me, then the meaning and possibility of this happening is not "lost" on them...they just might accept whatever the future may bring...that is how I feel about it. I do not talk about this randomly to just anyone, and I am at peace because I DO KNOW that I would be wasting precious time worrying about something that theoretically could happen, and if it does... I and you, probably wouldn't be around to debate it after the fact. Therefore, what's the point of wasting my days worrying, since that will not hinder the outcome? People think alike on many scenarios, and I tend to believe that alot of us DO entertain the the idea of the "end" of something... except reality of our "real lives" smacks us in the face over and over as work, school, sickness, being impoverished, exhaustion, war and anything else we can come up with overides our ability to actually have time to ponder the possibility of the world ending!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
does ANYONE actually believe "The cosmos will cease to exist"?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
If the world was to end then why are people prepping? If it's ending then obviously you aren't going to survive.

The Mayan's never predicted the end of the world. Fact. Wish people wouldn't be so gullible because this affects kids more than it does adults and that's something that shouldn't be happening! We shouldn't be scaring kids with these fantasies just so they can make a quick buck.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I remember in college... me and my friends gave a big party at wednesday night because one of "end of world" day prophecy... it was fantastic party and everybody was loling in the next day classes .

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It's our Christmas work party on the 21st, looking forward to that, hopefully the world doesn't end until shortly after, I will be terribly terribly drunk anyway.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

It doesn't come to an abrupt halt. Out year doesn't abruptly end in June. The Mayan Long count might end 5000+ AD for all we know.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
We can excuse a lot of our doings to - the world will end soon anyway - even if we know nothing like that will happen. Just allowing yourself to do whatever you want.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I want something to happen, something out of the ordinary.
Don't you too? admit it. I am kinda bored of this way of living.

I am ready for a huge change.
Now they say, change starts from within..
and I agree, a part of change starts from within.
But not all of it.

And I am afraid this change from the outside may not happen.
I hope it does happen.

But for now, I just sit back and try to enjoy the ride.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

and welcome back to another update...

Thank you all for the " thought provoking posts
" and intellectual debate so far, it's been a blast

- Is the world going to "end " Dino savant

- Indeed...

- Marty, your thoughts on the matter?

I could not have worded it any better myself, a big thank you to Dino savant, Mr McFly and ATS

11 days to go...

SS
edit on 103131p://am3138 by Spike Spiegle because: can't spell

edit on 103131p://am3132 by Spike Spiegle because: 11

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join