It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio Commercial on ESPN for FEMA gave me the chills.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If you read my post history you will see Im not an alarmist, quite the oposite. I also know it means nothing. About ten minutes ago on my way home from grabbing milkfor the house, im listening to ESPN radio, and i hear. "Do you have a disaster preparation kit. Get one today. This message is brought to you hy FEMA." Nice timing, lol. Way to freak a guy out after spending too much time on ATS.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Just a coincidence......or is it?!?!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by otie1
Just a coincidence......or is it?!?!

Not even...just instilling fear in people...the usual...what they do best.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

what state do you live in.
would be nice to know if it's a local station commercial or a network one.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
With all the crazy weather and whatnot going on, its stupid not to have a kit ready for anytime u might have to quickly leave your house. I wouldn't read into it too much.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by Vaedur

what state do you live in.
would be nice to know if it's a local station commercial or a network one.

New York. Upstate. I thought about all the NY floods and Sandy and whatnot. Just wierd I got goosebumps

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

reason i asked, here in fl. they play those kinda of commercials all the time.
but we have hurricanes a lot more than ny.

i bet you'll start hearing them more and more now.

edit on 8-12-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
the thing i've noticed the past few years is.. 1, the comment mentioned already that instilling fear like it's their job and 2, my main point.. instilling fear equates to us spending money we don't really have on nonperishable food, water.. etc.. "disaster kits". think about it.. no matter what's going on.. even if it's a bad storm on the horizon all you'll hear on your local news is.. "GET TO THE STORE FAST AND BUY SUPPLIES NOW" ha in any case it's good to have supplies for the "just in case" scenario. scaring others is money in the bank, for "them". stimulate the economy in any way possible. a lot of people are aware of this tactic but there's a lot more on their way to the store right now with shopping carts full of canned food and bottled water.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
They just want you to buy their disaster kits so that you can be flagged as a potential terrorist by TPTB and rounded up quicker when TSHTF.

Oh yeah, PORK! SNOW! CLOUD! Look, I'm already ahead of you. Better get preparin'.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
w it's a good idea as seeing most people can't got 24 hours without electricty without going into a complete panic

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Government websites have had the Prepare campaign going for the last year,preparedness tips on every GOV website. Have you seen the FEMA commercial where the people seem to lose gravity and then grab their bug out bag and leave, very chilling after being on here.

Thank you
bg

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I kept having this dream over and over last night. Some kind of Doom for the east coast and it had to do with the Hudson river. It also caused a minor earthquake on the New Madrid fault also. In the dream is was so clear that it has something to do with the "Hudson" river. Sounds weird, I know...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollumi
I kept having this dream over and over last night. Some kind of Doom for the east coast and it had to do with the Hudson river. It also caused a minor earthquake on the New Madrid fault also. In the dream is was so clear that it has something to do with the "Hudson" river. Sounds weird, I know...

Not wierd to me, i belive this is caused by spending too much time here, I call it ATS syndrome, yeah not a very original name. That's why things like that message bug me, i'm predispositioned to assume the worst and then talk myself down.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I fail to see how telling you to get a disaster kit is a problem. Everyone should have one.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I fail to see how telling you to get a disaster kit is a problem. Everyone should have one.

It's not a problem. The thread is more about my irrational physical response from reading too much ATS (goosebumps) to the commercial.

You are correct nixie nox

new topics

top topics

join