It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I just made a huge mistake?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by adnachiel21
reply to post by davethebear

No need to be nasty, it is in the computer help forum after all.And 250 $ is not a fortune for a piece of technology, not compared to an Apple product, which I despise.

Hmm.. Well it's an Allwinner chip, 1.2ghz (overclocked from 1ghz) with 1gb ram, from memorey I think 8gb internal?

It's pretty much the same specs internally as my Eken t10a. My eken is 10.1" however, but I don't get it - 10.1 inches but smaller actual space than the ipad.

But I paid $180 aud for mine, a few months ago. The Allwinner chip is surprisingly still supported by the mod/firmware community, there are a few cyanogenmod versions for the various screen sized allwinner chipsets. IF you're into that..

If not, you don't need to worry.

As long as you have Market (if not, you may need to root and side install it) and if you have problems with the tablet and market refusing you apps, get the Allwinnermod app, it lets you fake the tablet details to market to a similar specced tablet that DOES get all the goodies.

You - I think - have 10 point capacative touch. I'd test that. See if when the power is connected and you touch the screen on various places, see if with slightly more finger area pressed, it responds by flickering along a 'row' with false positive presses.

Mine does that if it's near full power and on charge. OR if near low power and unplugged. Suffice to say I's absolutely annoying but I think I'm in a small minority.

Otherwise, I surf the web, email, listen to tunein radio, read, watch videos, etc on mine.

I didn't see what gpu your tablet has. Mine has the mali 400. decent but certainly not going to get you playing fully rendered 3d games. I'd assume you'd have the same. a simple hardware info add can tell you more..

good choice, but I can understand your fear with the no name.

I did that a long time ago, bricked the first tablet I had in less than a week, had no idea what to do. worked out I could splice the batteries together and get more time. ha.

Pretty much impossible to brick the allwinner models, livesuite (as long as you get the usb drivers in windows installed ok) fixes any failed firmware dumps.

Probly more info than you need, or care about

11am, must be time for bed.
edit on 8-12-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Thank you wino, though I have to admit I understand about a third of everything you wrote, I appreciate the time you took.I'm not into technology but I'm in the process of learning, also I recently bought a laptop only for the purpose of playing Skyrim(I've played Oblivion before and it was the best god damn game).You see I hate dumping a lot of money on stuff that will become obsolete only a year from now, new things are constantly coming up.Yes I fear because it's no name, but if it's not working properly I'll just return it and ask for a refund or another one.But playing around with my tablet I realize that technology makes me really happy and that is so shallow

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

No, I'm not from Russia, Macedonia actually.What does a Russian tablet look like?I imagine something equivalent to what Lada is in cars.

I suppose it looks like a Quart QP

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Today my sister decided to surprise me with an early birthday present (my birthday will be on the 21-st).We went to an electronics store and she asked me whether I like a PC tablet for my birthday.Of course I wanted one, long story short my choice came down between Asus Nexus and Quart QP 970.I chose the Quart although I have heard all about the Nexus, but the Nexus had a 7 inch display and the Quart 9.7 and because I will mainly use it for reading books I chose the Quart.The problem is I can't find the Quart tablet anywhere on the internet except on the site of the store I bought it from.Does anyone have this kind of tablet, why I can't find reviews for it anywhere? The tablet is working great so far but I'm kind of worried.
edit on 8-12-2012 by adnachiel21 because: (no reason given)

It looks like it's sold only in Serbia and Macedonia. I found AMC in Macedonia and it appears to be marketed/made by 'Royal Hardware Creations - Macedonia'.

Im guessing you bought it from here? www.amc.com.mk...

Having said that, the internal parts of the Quart appear to be ok.

This Serbian site lists AMC as the tablet maker: pcpractic.rs... (види пред последна линија под 'опис')

Што значи си купила Македонски производ (на АМЦ компанија) кој е најверојатно составен во Кина по препорачка на АМЦ - што не е многу различно од иПад или Нексус ... Hе сум видел Quart, али спрема други Кинески производи, единствената разлика *може* да биде во квалитетот на производот. Едноставно помалите компании неможат да си дозволат да вложуваат големи средства во екстремен квалитет, итн ...

Поздрав!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join