It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Needs a Break?...I Could Use a KRISPY KREME or 2 or 20...How About You?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

KRISPY KREMES ARE AWESOME!!!!

What I wouldn't give for a Krispy Kreme doughnut...wow I loves those things. They are just awesome when they come off the conveyor and they have that HOT NOW sign blinking, letting you know to get them while they are fresh.

When I was in high school we used to have a student store where we sold them every morning, the Krispy Kreme guy would deliver us 60 dozen and we would sell out every day. We funded every trip we ever had from the sale of Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

I live somewhere that I cannot get them and it drives me crazy. If I could have them Fed Ex them to me I would, but it wouldn't be the same. I crave them all the time and I have really fond memories about being with my kid or my Dad and going to get them at midnight on a whim, some locations were 24 hours because they furnished satellite stores and schools, so that was awesome.

Anyone who can go get some have a few for me will you please...

The old store...

The sign...

The conveyor...

The selection...

Something to drink it down, care to share...

For the coffee lovers...

krispykreme.com... the location nearest you.

Man, torture, I gained 20 pounds just looking...Which doughnut is your favorite? Mine is the white creme filled with chocolate frosting...but I would have to have a few of the original to top it off.

Happy sugar overload!

BAW33

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

My heart breaks for you...so, here ya go.....

The Real Recipe for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

If you love Krispy Kreme doughnuts just as much as the rest of the world, but you don't live near one, or you just want to make your very own. Then here is a nearly exact replica of the original Krispy Kreme doughnut recipe.

There is one warning that comes along with this great recipe, you'll be asked to make them for every one of your friends and family for years to come. Once people find out you are capable of making your own Krispy Kreme doughnuts (taste a-likes), they'll be knocking your door down for doughnuts every day.
voices.yahoo.com...

Des

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

LOL. Thanks Des, I have this recipe already, not the same but thank you dear.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

LOL. Thanks Des, I have this recipe already, not the same but thank you dear.

It only tastes the same if you use peanut oil to fry them in. Give it a try....

Des

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yeah but what's your favorite and did my thread make you want to run out and get one?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Krispy Kreme. Founded in Winston Salem N.C. I was born and raised in Greensboro N.C. a stones throw from Winston. We had a Krispy Kreme here in Greensboro, with all the trimmings. The window where you could watch the douhgnut process from start to EAT! You could get them straight from the conveyor machine. Sweet Jesus they would melt in your mouth.

Then Krispy Kreme went all corporate and went public and it's sorta went down a little. Closed the store I mentioned and opened a new one futher down the road. No window, No watching and salivating all over yourself while you waited. I mean at some times they would have to mop up the floor where I had been standing!!LOL

I stopped there allmost everyday on my way home from work. I can help you out with your doughnut fix if you need it. Have you ever heard of a soda called Cheerwine? I think it's only sold in the southeast USA. Let me know if you need my assistance in getting you those sweet, sticky, melt in your mouth , little rounds of goodness. OYM1262. Best ones are the regular glazed ones straight from the conveyor.
edit on 8-12-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

About 2 blocks from where I live there is a (Top-Pot) doughnut shop. Three months ago I went in and approached the manager and asked if they would like to donate to the apartment building I live in.

I negotiated with the Top-Pot management; and the management of the apartment building I live in...and now for the past 2 months and continuing...twice a week I go and get free, fresh doughnuts, apple fritters, maple bars etc.

This time...it paid off...to open my big mouth!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
You just tortured a pregnant woman with food she can't have

I use to live in Daytona Beach and they had a Krispy Kreme and it was the original building. It was in the worst location too but I am sure that back when it was built the location wasn't as built up as it is now. It's on a major intersection so it's hard to get in and out of but don't be fooled true Krispy Kreme fans will make it in there no matter what!

I use to have to drive by it every morning before work and the smell called me almost every morning. It was soooo yummy. Just one glazed and a regular milk and I was good to go.

Now I live where there isn't one and right now I could eat a box of those!!
edit on 12/8/2012 by mblahnikluver because: bad spelling due to thoughts of donuts

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Yeah but what's your favorite and did my thread make you want to run out and get one?

Oh Sweetie...I had some of my favs last week. A little Mom and Pop Doughnut shop in a little mountain town about 37 twisty miles from my home. The BEST doughnuts in the galaxy! If you get there at 6am, when the doors open. you get them still hot and cooling down. The whole place is heady with the smells of sweet dough, yeast, warm chocolate.and cinnamon.......sigh.....

Best if eaten within 15 mins of being made and placed on the trays in the front of the shop.

Nice thread Sweet Pea....

Des

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

They should have a delivery service like pizza places...they could charge a delivery fee and have minimum orders...no brainer. If I was the president of Krispy Kreme done deal. How far along are you? Congrats, and positive energy for a wonderful experience.

BAW33

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Yeah but ever had a Krispy Kreme? and which would be your favorite?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You'd like a Krispy Kreme you say?

Well ok....

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Have you ever heard of a soda called Cheerwine?

No, and what is the significance? I live far away, and you would not be able to help me, but the offer is sweet. I am glad you share my fondness for them, next time you have one think of me and my drooling face, lol.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Not that way, but thanks, what would be your favorite? Have you ever had one?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
You just tortured a pregnant woman with food she can't have

I use to live in Daytona Beach and they had a Krispy Kreme and it was the original building. It was in the worst location too but I am sure that back when it was built the location wasn't as built up as it is now. It's on a major intersection so it's hard to get in and out of but don't be fooled true Krispy Kreme fans will make it in there no matter what!

Yeah, I've been to that one before!! But, I know this is not the tread to say it, there is a local donut shop where I live that would make Krispy Kreme look like soylent green.

You've never had a better donut. Period.

Adams Donut's, Greenfield, MA

no I don't work there...
edit on 8/12/12 by JAK because: Code/page distortion correction.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jough626

If you know this is not thread to say it then why say it?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Krispy Kreme.
Once I start,I can't stop.
I grew up with Krispy Kreme and we have a unique relationship.
But a relationship with limits.
Once or twice a week and not too many.

And now,because of your thread,I am craving one now.
Curse you!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

My heart breaks for you...so, here ya go.....

The Real Recipe for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

If you love Krispy Kreme doughnuts just as much as the rest of the world, but you don't live near one, or you just want to make your very own. Then here is a nearly exact replica of the original Krispy Kreme doughnut recipe.

There is one warning that comes along with this great recipe, you'll be asked to make them for every one of your friends and family for years to come. Once people find out you are capable of making your own Krispy Kreme doughnuts (taste a-likes), they'll be knocking your door down for doughnuts every day.
voices.yahoo.com...

Des

Des,bless you for the recipe,but at one time in my younger years I had a fryer and a great recipe for donuts.
After a year ,I gained 30 pounds.
Lost it all the next year after I threw the fryer away.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That is why I will live vicariously through all of you...

Have one for me or 2 or 3.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I have never tried a Krispy Kreme doughnut, the closest where I can buy them is in Bulgaria.But if I'm ever in a position to have them every day I doubt I will be skinny ever again.
edit on 8-12-2012 by adnachiel21 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join