It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Not Autism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I found this and I am shock't and very glad I will never have children.
people all over need to read this.
is it tha vaccine they pump your kid with?
is it fluoride in the water? or aluminumin in ever thing?
or is it all of them?
quality of life means nothing at all to the big business.

Link

In the past 10 years, diagnoses of autism have increased from 1 in 10,000 to 1 in 88 children: a 79% increase. Science says that an epidemic CANNOT be due to a developmental or genetic disorder; it can only be caused by a DISEASE process.
[/quote

A message from Dr. Michael J. Goldberg During my training in medical school and pediatrics during the 1970s, we were taught that there was no such thing as an epidemic of a genetic disorder, that there were not mysterious developmental disorders where a child develops normally for the first 1 ½ to 2 years and then regresses without a given reason or cause—like we are seeing with autism today. There also was no such thing as a “childhood disintegrative disorder.” We were taught that epidemics could only be the result of a disease process. As a physician, I am shocked that our medical and research world would overlook these simple facts and key medical / scientific logic and training. For the last twenty years, I have treated patients who were diagnosed with Autism, PDD, ADD, ADHD, and other related disorders by using the Goldberg Approach™, and as a result, many have dramatically improved or eventually have had symptoms disappear. Because it is incorrectly assumed that the basis for autism is developmental, parents are missing out on a vital component of treatment for their children. We must recognize that these children have multiple “autistic” symptoms, but it is time to focus on and treat the real underlying disease they have.

edit on 8-12-2012 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
While I dont doubt that outside factors play a part in autism, the biggest factor in the rise in cases is the simplest factor-diagnosis. Its not that there are so many more cases (although I do agree that the number is on the rise), its mostly just that more and more are getting diagnosed. 15 years ago the majority of cases went undiagnosed.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I can see you swallow the propaganda they feed you.
did you know before they did research, Nothing happen at all.

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
While I dont doubt that outside factors play a part in autism, the biggest factor in the rise in cases is the simplest factor-diagnosis. Its not that there are so many more cases (although I do agree that the number is on the rise), its mostly just that more and more are getting diagnosed. 15 years ago the majority of cases went undiagnosed.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha

Try not to insult people, would you?

There's a simple explanation for the rise in Autism.

Things that were not one considered Autism now are. Most popularly is Asperger's Syndrome. Which is diagnosed commonly and perhaps sometimes easily mis-diagnosed.

There's no propaganda about this issue, just different criteria for a classification of what Autism is. And as the other poster wisely said, it is diagnosed more now since doctors and other medical professionals have much clearer criteria for what is considered autism.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

chelation may be of help for those with autistic children
as heavy metal poisoning may be the cause [as well as with alzheimers]

how-to-cure-autism-a nd-the-time-bomb-of-mercury-poisoning

F&S

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Ive worked with autistic kids for years, dont tell me that I am buying propaganda. I know facts. And the FACT is that the kid who I went to school with who was non-verbal, was just the odd kid in the back of the room. Today he is on the spectrum.

As I said before, I have NO doubt that outside factors are contributing to autism, but the MEDICAL FACT is that the biggest variable in the increase in cases is that it is more understood and more kids being diagnosed.

No one knew what autism was 20 years ago. We can recognize it more clearly now, although we still have many kids that are on the spectrum but are not diagnosed. 99% of all cases went undiagnosed until very recently.

The other MEDICAL FACT is that we still do not know what, if anything, causes it. WE can suspect, and I have my suspicions. But the FACT remains, that it has not yet been proven what causes it.
edit on 8-12-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

The problem is, the spectrum is so wide and fits so many different things, that what works for some, so far, does not work for all. I have seen simple dietary changes work for kids with aspergers. One student I had in particular, responded extremely well to a low sugar, organic, gluten free diet.

Other kids it has no effect.

We still have a lot to learn about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Carly Flieschmann is pretty sure she has autism.

She's entirely nonverbal, unable to communicate vocally, but, when she was 11 it was discovered she COULD communicate through typing, and if you follow her on Twitter, Facebook, or look into her story you'll discover how wonderfully verbose, intelligent and insightful this beautiful child is.

She's making a name as the Voice of Autism right now. You may want to look into her:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

No one knew what autism was 20 years ago. We can recognize it more clearly now, although we still have many kids that are on the spectrum but are not diagnosed. 99% of all cases went undiagnosed until very recently.
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Saything that "No one knew" isn't exactly true.

When the first cases of autism began to appear in the 1940s, researchers were puzzled by the high incidence of autistic children being born into well-educated families. Over 90 percent of the parents were high-school graduates. Nearly three-fourths of the fathers and one-half of the mothers had graduated from college. Many had professional careers. As a result, scientists unsuccessfully tried to link autism to genetic factors in the upper class populations.(5) Meanwhile, psychiatrists, unaware of the neurological basis of the illness, sought psychological explanations. The mother was often accused of not providing an emotionally secure home environment, and was presumed to be the cause of her afflicted child's ailment.(6,7)

educate-yourself.org...

True autism is unmistakable. Most of these children weren't able to participate in normal education and were cloistered away in special schools, or at home. Autism was a heavy part of my abnormal psych classes back more than 20 years ago in college. The medical establishment definitely knew! 99% went undiagnosed?? Doubtful, unless one is talking about Asperger's.

Oddly enough:

The first cases of autism in the United States occurred at a time shortly after the pertussis vaccine became available. When the pertussis vaccine was initially introduced (during the late 1930s), only the rich and educated parents who sought the very best for their children, and who could afford a private doctor, were in a position to request the newest medical advancements. (Remember how researchers were puzzled by the high incidence of autistic children being born into well-educated and "upper class" families.) However, by the 1960s and 1970s parents all over the country, within every educational and income level, were seeking help for their autistic children. Socioeconomic disparities began to disappear during this period.

Today, autism is evenly distributed among all social classes and ethnic groups.(13) Once again this puzzled the researchers. Many simply concluded that earlier studies were flawed. But there is an explanation. Free vaccinations at public health clinics didn't yet exist in the 1940s and 1950s. Compulsory vaccination programs were still on the horizon. And as vaccine programs grew, parents from across the socioeconomic spectrum gained equal access to them. The growing number of children suffering from this new illness directly coincided with the growing popularity of the mandated vaccination programs during these same years. Autistic children were now being discovered within every kind of family, and in dreadfully greater numbers than ever before imagined

Ibid.

I also worked for years with that population. The greater number is not because "nobody knew what autism was 20 years ago", but perhaps that they are throwing Asperger's into the spectrum and the numbers are somewhat inflated.....however, it is important to realize that autism is a modern disorder, and is most definitely on the rise.

People speak of chelation therapy....I have never seen it work, and the chelating agents tend to leach out the good minerals and nutrients the child needs. We are speaking of a brain injury when we speak of autism. I believe there are some natural foods that may help (many autistic children have gluten intolerance and are food sensitive to many things we eat).

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thank you very much for this info.
it IS are modern society that is poising us.
some are not fooled as easy to day.
take GM. they keep pushing it on us.
but they and us know it is poison.

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

When the first cases of autism began to appear in the 1940s, researchers were puzzled by the high incidence of autistic children being born into well-educated families. Over 90 percent of the parents were high-school graduates. Nearly three-fourths of the fathers and one-half of the mothers had graduated from college. Many had professional careers. As a result, scientists unsuccessfully tried to link autism to genetic factors in the upper class populations.(5) Meanwhile, psychiatrists, unaware of the neurological basis of the illness, sought psychological explanations. The mother was often accused of not providing an emotionally secure home environment, and was presumed to be the cause of her afflicted child's ailment.(6,7)

educate-yourself.org...

True autism is unmistakable. Most of these children weren't able to participate in normal education and were cloistered away in special schools, or at home. Autism was a heavy part of my abnormal psych classes back more than 20 years ago in college. The medical establishment definitely knew! 99% went undiagnosed?? Doubtful, unless one is talking about Asperger's.

Oddly enough:

The first cases of autism in the United States occurred at a time shortly after the pertussis vaccine became available. When the pertussis vaccine was initially introduced (during the late 1930s), only the rich and educated parents who sought the very best for their children, and who could afford a private doctor, were in a position to request the newest medical advancements. (Remember how researchers were puzzled by the high incidence of autistic children being born into well-educated and "upper class" families.) However, by the 1960s and 1970s parents all over the country, within every educational and income level, were seeking help for their autistic children. Socioeconomic disparities began to disappear during this period.

Today, autism is evenly distributed among all social classes and ethnic groups.(13) Once again this puzzled the researchers. Many simply concluded that earlier studies were flawed. But there is an explanation. Free vaccinations at public health clinics didn't yet exist in the 1940s and 1950s. Compulsory vaccination programs were still on the horizon. And as vaccine programs grew, parents from across the socioeconomic spectrum gained equal access to them. The growing number of children suffering from this new illness directly coincided with the growing popularity of the mandated vaccination programs during these same years. Autistic children were now being discovered within every kind of family, and in dreadfully greater numbers than ever before imagined

Ibid.

I also worked for years with that population. The greater number is not because "nobody knew what autism was 20 years ago", but perhaps that they are throwing Asperger's into the spectrum and the numbers are somewhat inflated.....however, it is important to realize that autism is a modern disorder, and is most definitely on the rise.

People speak of chelation therapy....I have never seen it work, and the chelating agents tend to leach out the good minerals and nutrients the child needs. We are speaking of a brain injury when we speak of autism. I believe there are some natural foods that may help (many autistic children have gluten intolerance and are food sensitive to many things we eat).

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Buddha, can I ask.

Why did you post this on a forum if you didn't want to hear a dissenting opinion? Someone disagrees with you, and you call him a fool. All the meanwhile you ramble on like an idiot.

Here's a crazy idea, go get some real education rather than some source on the internet.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
oh come on. you can do better than this!

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by buddha

Buddha, can I ask.

Why did you post this on a forum if you didn't want to hear a dissenting opinion? Someone disagrees with you, and you call him a fool. All the meanwhile you ramble on like an idiot.

Here's a crazy idea, go get some real education rather than some source on the internet.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Great thread, thanks for posting opp.
2nd line.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

There's no contest.

but if there were. You'd be losing. How about a source for a topic that's not a fund raiser news letter?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I use the term "no one" very loosely. Perhaps a poor choice of words. The point being that it was simply not something that was very out in the public eye.

You are correct, the inclusion of aspergers has a lot to do with it, and that pretty much falls under my point-that is, there are explainable variables as to why the number has grown so rapidly.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Autism exist and comes in a wide spectrum. Most cases that went undiagnosed was of aspergers/high functioning autism. It makes it harder to socialize to those that have it. People picking on autistic kids, teens adults only made things worse. What's sickening is that some people either deny autism exist, or pick on people with autism. It's a disorder that affects the social part of the brain. We should be comprehensive of these people, instead of making fun of them. Who knows. Maybe you'll have a daugter or nephew or even a grandson with autism one day. Sometimes it also affects the cognitive part of the brain negatively as well. Sometimes it can affect the cognitive part in a positive way. However, the social part will always be affected in a bad way. That's why it's hard for autistic people to socialize. Society is so quick to ridicule anyone who's different. This makes it difficult for autistic people, both intellectual and less intellectual, to fit in. Instead of treating these people like trash, people should educate themselves about it. There are autistic people trying to make a statement that they can also be capable of remarkable things. That they are remarkable people who fight for the future. That they care. We should all care more!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

One cannot hide or ignore autism, it is otherworldly and frightening, plus none of these people will be able to live without some type of support, that would have been hard to hide, i presume. The only way to reconcile this would be to state flat out that these people have all been killed before the so called 'epidemic'.

I believe the 'trick' with err, 'weaponized autism' if you will stems from time sensitivity. It's like meningitis in the way it leaves lasting damage after a short acute phase which would have to be prevented entirely, but people can't figure it out, because there's little time to apply a cure.

In short, People are desperately trying to find a way towards neural regeneration, which is very difficult territory, without even knowing that the real culprit is either long gone or only residues remain.
edit on 2012.12.11 by Long Lance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

educate-yourself.org...

Oddly enough:

Ibid.

You speak a lot of truth.
Certainly a special diet may be of benefit to those who have digestive problems but probably not too much to those who haven't.

However autism being a recent "discovery" is certainly a myth.
Autism has been documented throughout history not just in the early/mid part of last century onwards.
It may not have been called autism then, in fact it probably wasn't called anything specifically (dumb, slow, shy etc) but it has always been there. Just because it hadn't been named didn't mean it wasn't there.
edit on 12/12/12 by Pardon? because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It is a multifactoral problem and likely not owing to a single cause but a variety of causes and factors. The expansion of people with the diagnosis is likely associated with an expansion of what we put in the "autism" spectrum/definition and this does make tracking a cause/effect relationship with a particular item a tad more difficult.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Why do people think I am attacking autism children?
I dont deny autism children exist.
I am saying that a lot of New things are messing with the human DNA.
and this messes up the brain.
and children end up with Autism & very autism like systems.

Autism is Man made.

In 1943 the well known child psychiatrist, Leo Kanner, announced his discovery of eleven cases of a new mental disorder. He noted that "the condition differs markedly and uniquely from anything reported so far..."(1) This condition soon became known as autism.

link

top topics

<<   2 >>

join