It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Taliban Claims Hand Grenade Bombings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
7 people were injured. when a suicide bomber with hand grenades set off explosions in the Afghan capital today. 3 Nato soldiers were among the injured. The only casualty being reported is the bomber himself.

cbsnews.com
(AP) A suicide attacker laden with hand grenades set off a string of explosions in a bustling bazaar in the Afghan capital Saturday, killing himself and injuring seven others, including three NATO soldiers, officials said.

A Taliban spokesman claimed responsibility for the assault, which left the man's mutilated body slumped between the soldiers' car and the blood-spattered front of a carpet store.

Another suicide bomber near Nangahar detonated at least 6 grenades strapped to his body. At least 3 soldiers of unknown nationality were injured.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Taliban is taking responsibility for the latest attack. The bombers body was found between a soldiers car and the front of a carpet store. Vote counting is continuing in Afghanistan despite the attacks.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Related News Links
Afghan government
Nato in Afghanistan
Afghan success for US policy
United Nations

I have to say this is really the first major thing I�ve heard happen where someone has been killed in Afghanistan and to me just looks like the start of new attacks by anti government militants. After a Tanker packed with explosives was captured and a fairly quiet election two weeks ago even with the marker pen uproar. �The Taleban takes responsibility for the suicide attack in Kabul... We plan more attacks,"

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
News Update from the bbc giveing deatails on how many have died and possibly where the Peace keepers came from.

BBC NEWS
Three people are now known to have died in a suicide bomb attack in the Afghan capital, Kabul, on Saturday.

An American woman translator died of her wounds, in addition to an Afghan girl, aged 11, and the bomber.

[edit on 24/10/2004 by SE7EN]

new topics

join