It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN Largest Test Ever - December 17th - December 21st

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by delusion

Originally posted by delusion
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Okay. Explain to me, oh fearless questioner of all that is and rebelious non-conformist to the sheeple masses...

Say that Cern IS running experiments, and has put out false information (claiming a real report of experiments on the 21'st was actually an april fools joke first published in april, that actually wasn't) to deflect public fears assiociated with this date.
WHAT IS IT THEY CAN DO THAT WOULD CAUSE ANYTHING CATASTROPHIC TO HAPPEN?
Are you familiar with what it is they do?
Or are you just blindly believing the stories that say they have the ability to mess with the fabric of the universe?
What evidence or science is this belief based on?

Ive heard these things can possibly create black holes, ive also heard dark matter is one of the reasons for these experiments, unless im mistaken dark matter is not something we know much about, but we do know that it has the potential to be an energy source, if this dark matter would become unstable for any reason that could be cause for concern. ive heard that these particle accelerators can mess with the earths core, magma, methane gases,ect.

then again destroying particles(the building blocks of life) could have any number of unseen and unwanted consequences. and say they do proceed with a black op experiment and they timed it during the galactic alignment for only reasons that the scientists know, and this alignment has a negative effect vs a positive effect or visa versa(depending on your point of view) than what? it seems there are no do overs with the destruction of life's building blocks.

im no expert on any of these subjects ive mentioned, hell not even a novice so forgive me if i have presented any false possibilitys regarding this topic. Im just going off the info that has collected in my head over the years.

but does it really matter if im wrong about the science. Im looking for conformation that this is indeed a hoax. some blogs, screenshots and broken links have not convinced me. The scheadual itself seems somewhat credible, but then again if ur trying to hide something, isnt the first thing your gonna do is lie about it? since ive heard conflicting info on whether the experiments will happen or not, makes me think someone is lying, im trying to figure out who. sifting out the lyers from the honest is always helpful in the quest for knowledge. so as my quest ensues, and i learn about these experiments and there implications i will have better references to build my knowledge base having sifted out the lyers from the rest.
edit on 12-12-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

Perhaps your skepticism is warranted - it is weird how the original april fool's statement has disappeared.
(though it was referenced by another website at the time I think?)

However, it assumes that the scientists are concerned enough about public perception to have a public relations department put out deliberate misinformation in order to assuage public fears over its activities, and secondly that there is a basis for these fears in the first place that would justify the fear.

There is not. That's what makes the speculation somewhat redundant.

The energy of the LHC is nothing compared to the energy of the collisons that are happening RIGHT NOW from cosmic rays coming from outside of our galaxy colliding with matter in our atmosphere.

Any catastrophic reactions that could be created would already have taken place, regardless of the LHC.

The energy needed to create a black hole from a collision is not within the range of the LHC, but even if it were possible according to certain theories, it would be a microscopic black hole that would evaporate as soon as it was created, resulting in an explosion of particles. But this is theoretical and yet to be observed.

edit on 12-12-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

what if this alignment has magnifying effects or negative effects in general, for insistence the alignment causes that microscopic black hole to grow instead of disappear.(it could go either way) since we dont have the data for the last alignment how can we know what will happen? I dont know much about the alignment, but i heard its rare and may have effects on the earth, sun, galaxy? i haven't compared solar activity in past years to this year but haven't we been having a lot more solar events as we start to aliagn. what if this alignment has a major effect on the man mad experiments done here on earth?

now that i think more into this im positive there will be experiments on this day, when else will they have a chance like this, what is it something like in the next 26,000 years. something is going down and i wish i knew what.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Sorry, what alignment would that be?
I'm not deliberately being stupid, I really don't know what is being aligned, nor how it can be precisely confirmed to occur on ONE day out of, however many thousand million.
For an alignment to occur, at least three seperate objects have to be involved. Because there will always be a straight line between two objects in three-dimensional space, so that's hardly noteworthy.

And why would stuff lining up make any difference to when stuff is slightly at various angles to each other?

No really, why?

I honestly think this is just human made symmetrical grid laying over random chaos.
Maybe it only matters to humans, as we're the ones who (apparently) believe it.

All reports from those who actually scientifically study the cycles of the sun are that it is in a quiet phase and it may start to get more active in the next year or two.
Who's telling you otherwise?

I'm not trying to ridicule your concern, but really what is it based on?
Rumours, and rumours of rumours, maybe?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

something is going down and i wish i knew what.

I seem to be the only one a tad freaked out by this:
www.theregister.co.uk...

Maybe you'd like to keep me company on the Disturbed Train.
Especially in light of the fact that this Sergio Bertolli Ravioli dude ain't no jive. He's like the Master of Ceremonies at CERN.
www.uib.no...
I'm fairly certain that he could be considered a reliable expert.

Anyhoo, maybe what's going down is whatever they're thinking might come through that door.
Or maybe not.
It's still freaky sci-fi apocalyptic craziness though. 'Cuz no matter how much everybody argues amongst themselves about it, the simple fact is, no one really knows.
edit on 12-12-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!
edit on 12-12-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

that is disturbing, it almost coincides with the "return" these religions talk about. who knows maybe they are right just misinformed on who is comming back?

but yes i will defintly join u on the disturbed train heading to ?wtf?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

the sun lining up with the galactic plain. and ive heard(not sure, havent seen the data) that the earth, the sun and a black hole are lining up. have u not heard about any of this? or are you waiting for me to provide some false info so you can flame me? you seem like u would know more than i do yet u come to me seeking answers. i wonder why.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

the sun lining up with the galactic plain. and ive heard(not sure, havent seen the data) that the earth, the sun and a black hole are lining up. have u not heard about any of this? or are you waiting for me to provide some false info so you can flame me? you seem like u would know more than i do yet u come to me seeking answers. i wonder why.

No nothing like that. I am pretty ignorant about this. I like to hear why people believe things, but sometimes people don't even know themselves.

I hear the claim that the solar system is lining up with something, but no-one ever goes into details, and I guess I don't really get what's so significant about it, apart from it being cool to think about the motion of our solar system relative to the rest of the galaxy.

How does being in the galactic plane do anything to us, and how does someone determine that we slot into place at exactly the 21st of december? I mean the galaxy is freaking huge.
I think our sun lining up with some point would take place over many years, and there would be no particular date that we could say 'that's it, we are now perfectly in alignment'.
And how was this center of the galactic plane calculated, is it just an average of the stars that are on either side of it?
Exactly how thick is this galactic plane? A few hundred light years across? Are we moving into the very center of it, or are we just touching the edge of it?

It is interesting in itself for sure, but it just seems like someone exploiting the date to make it seem like something cosmic. I am perfectly happy to be educated about this, if someone wants to provide some simple diagrams to explain it. I am however very skeptical that any alignment on a galactic scale can be accurately said to take place specifically on this date.

And yes I guess I was challenging you, but just really to get confirmation of what it is you believe and if there is actually anything to it. It's so easy for us to fervently believe in things that just started out as vague rumours, and got repeated enough, and then because everybody has repeated it slightly differently all the different versions get used as proof that it must really be something, when it never was. We have to watch out for this.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

i would google galactic alignment and see what u find, also the vid i posted earlier in the thread has some interesting things to say on the subject give it a look and tell me what u think

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I hear the claim that the solar system is lining up with something, but no-one ever goes into details, and I guess I don't really get what's so significant about it, apart from it being cool to think about the motion of our solar system relative to the rest of the galaxy.

From what I have heard and read, it should be with the center of our galaxy. The sun and the earth and all other planets should align directly with the center where a black hole is (There should be a black hole in the center of every galaxy). The black hole should emits some sort of energy (I cant remember what) and that combine with the suns energy, we should be hit with a powerfull energy or force or something.

I am not saying this is true in any whey, but its just what I have heard regarding this topic.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mc4denmark

thanks... It must mean the plane of orbits in the solar system, which is approximate anyway, aligns with it, because there's certainly no line up of all the planets.
The sun will always be in line with that black hole more or less, it is just drawing a line between two points, and for that matter so will the earth, but I guess the earth is being centered in a line from the middle of the sun to the black hole and that's symbolic of something to some people.

Whatever it is, I really do not think the collison of proton streams on earth in the LHC, even if they were running experiments on that date, is going to be magically amplified because there's a black hole in a line with us.

But maybe it's a good time to make a wish.
edit on 14-12-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

But a black hole isn't a ball so you couldn't be lined up with it no matter where you are. There's only one place and direction that lines up with the singularity. Well that's not entirely true because time and space is stretched but you know what I mean. You can't turn a funnel on it's side poor liquid onto it and say yeah it's lined up good..
edit on 15-12-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
and you can all relax. LHC is now in shutdown until 2015.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
At the time of shutdown this news article was released and in it says that they have found almost undeniably a Higgs "like" Particle and have stopped short of calling it the Higgs Boson until they have done further tests stretching into 2013 before they will have 100% clarification, where as today they are saying they are 99.999999 so give it a few months and maybe we will have some certainty.

www.extremetech.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Lastest LHC news

SaneThinking

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

But a black hole isn't a ball so you couldn't be lined up with it no matter where you are. There's only one place and direction that lines up with the singularity. Well that's not entirely true because time and space is stretched but you know what I mean. You can't turn a funnel on it's side poor liquid onto it and say yeah it's lined up good..
edit on 15-12-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

Wow, really?!
It's never been described like that to me before, or at least not that I've picked up on.
I just assumed a black hole would be pulling equally in all directions. Are you saying it only has one position it sucks matter into? Like magnetic poles that are more or less running in one direction? Like a quasar pulse?
edit on 17-12-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I don't really know maybe I'm wrong I've just always assumed it was.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Two separate things i think we are talking about here
A black hole will pull matter from all directions towards itself ... A super massive black hole will pull matter around it in a disc like formation much like objects in orbit. The galactic plane is this disc and we are currently passing through it now.I personally believe this to be of significance and really if you do the research there are arguments for and against something happening 2012 - (early) 2013.

Whether its the end of the world or not who knows .... who cares
enjoy life ... if its the end what can we do to stop outside forces on a galactic level
it would be gg. In all of the possible doomsday scenarios there isint much we can do to survive , if people are really concerned maybe get some water ... plan a route to safety i.e a mountain ... Zero #s will be givin if its not the end and zero #s will be givin if it is as we will all be gone.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The galactic plane takes approx 30 million years to pass through. We passed through it approx 3 million years ago I think.
It's is impossible for that to be significant, and anyone who claims it is has fallen for a hoax.

Originally posted by Dabem8
.... who cares
enjoy life ...
... Zero #s will be givin if its not the end and zero #s will be givin if it is as we will all be gone.

Agreed

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join