It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN Largest Test Ever - December 17th - December 21st

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So...can this thread please be closed or moved to the hoax bin?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by Spacespider
reply to post by Hundroid

Its going to be Christmas after all

*I said, and a giant fireball slams into my face*

Or the blue kachina lands on my head while im sitting on the toilet.

Its not over til the fat lady sings guys

I will say this for the year 2012....never has the month of December dragged by so damn slowly. Like a slug shimmying up an ice mountain.....

I, personally, will be so happy to see January 1st, 2013.....

Des

edit on 8-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hundroid
Sorry ATS, but did anybody read the whole article???

….APRIL FOOLS! We’re sorry if this article had given arise to any concerns you may have had, but looking on the bright side, there probably will be a December 22nd. If not, we would all be very pissed to miss out on this years Christmas. And besides, if the world did end, you wouldn’t be able to come visit our nifty little website! Thanks for reading

The date of the article is indeed 1/4/2012!!!

Nice. Didn't see that on the second article. How funny. It is interesting that the offices close on December 22nd though.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I did find this. It says their laboratory closes on the 22nd.

Yes...as hundreds of companies and schools all over the world

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
A couple of years ago when they were getting this thing fired up and they had those problems, they couldn't refire until May because it used too much power for the Winter time. Thought I read something about Europeans using too much power in the winter time so they coudln't fire it up. To be firing up for their strongest tests yet in winter time now seems odd if that were true then in 2009. Anyways, someone ought to blow that place to hell!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Oh, didn't read down far enough

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

There's not going to be any massive test....it's an april's fool!!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ran across this. Probably better information than "Before It's News"

CERN rushes to install new anti-matter hunter

Sprinting to get ALPHA-2 working before 2013 shutdown

By Richard Chirgwin

Posted in Science, 22nd November 2012 03:19 GMT

CERN scientists are on an instrument sprint to prep a new anti-matter detector, ALPHA-2, ahead of the facility’s upgrade shutdown in December.

The facility has taken delivery of new kit that includes a cryostat provided by Canada’s TRIUMF laboratory, and a 1 Tesla superconducting solenoid magnet.

The anti-matter detector team is now working at a fast pace to install the new kit before the system takes a long break starting in December. As ALPHA spokesperson Jeffrey Hangst explains here, “We really want to get some experience with this device this year so that, if we need to make any changes, we will have time during the long shutdown in which to make them.”
Hangst gives a longer explanation in this CERN video:

If the team can’t make the December deadline, it will be a long wait: the facility will be closed throughout 2013, which would mean it wouldn’t be able to commission the new detector until 2014.

The new experiment is specifically designed to spot anti-matter. Two regions are designed to capture anti-matter: antiprotons will be caught by a trap installed last June, and these will be guided into the new solenoid to be made into antihydrogen, which will be examined using microwave and laser spectroscopy.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I heard this being talked about on the Clyde Lewis show a couple nights ago and commented here.
What I understood is that Cern has been planning for an end of December run all along even on their website.
Since they are closing on the 22nd it must have been speculated that they would run these tests before shutting down then. Not as one might conclude, Dec 31.

They won a court case in October that made it impossible to know if they would go forward with the plans had they lost.
Apparently a woman in Germany was suing them to halt the use of Cern citing the dangers involved in these experiments with no consent from the people it may potentially harm.
She lost her case.

Now, the people discussing it on the show made it sound like it was general knowledge about the 17th thru the21st.
It may be that Cern is not going to tell us they ran it until after it's over and they can announce a success, or inconclusive results like last time or the Earth is swallowed in a black hole, whichever comes first.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

The story is an april fools joke, read the first page.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
AND THEN THERE IS THIS GUY (WILLIAM HENRY)

edit on 8-12-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

Luckily he has booked money grubbing symposiums spiritual workshops in the Spring of 2013, so we can be sure he's not expecting the world to end.

Thank heavens.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hundroid

There's not going to be any massive test....it's an april's fool!!

What conclusive proof do you have that it is April Fools?

We are just supposed to take your word for it?

Is it this?

Because that must obviously be fabricated by the ones that are trying to cover this kind thing up!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

I read it.
I also read several articles from 2009, 2010 and this year that spoke of testing runs at the highest power levels yet, through the end of Dec. Ion test will end on Dec. 16. Power testing is scheduled from Dec. 17-21st.
With a "Standby" until Jan. with testing to resume in Feb.

Now that contradicts right there other info I've read that said they were going offline on the 22nd until 2014.

Now those test have to be done in Feb. to show results for refunding of the project, so who knows what they are really doing.
They have put a lot of info out there that has not been updated since the court case in October.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
LHC will be in shutdown, as every year this time.

LHC schedule 2012

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

No, no no dont give ppl false comfort with your april fool links, how about you check wikipedia, and you will see that the large hadron collider will be going through test at this time

The LHC will operate at 4 TeV per beam until the end of 2012, 0.5 TeV higher than in 2010 and 2011. It will then go into shutdown for 20 months for upgrades to allow full energy operation (7 TeV per beam), with reopening planned for late 2014

link en.wikipedia.org...

but imo do yal really think they would tell you commoners whats really going on ,
edit on 8-12-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: imo

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yeah, the "Before it's News" site even missed the fact that this is an april fool's joke, even though there is a BIG troll-face at the bottom of the article on the secondary link (from which "before it's news" clearly sourced their article)

Although I do thank you for one thing-- at least now I know not to trust anything on "Before It's News"

Someone even pointed out their error in the comment section, and it appears they've done nothing to correct it. Terrible. Speaking of which, OP should edit the first post if they're able. If not it would be nice if a mod did it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
LHC will be in shutdown, as every year this time.

LHC schedule 2012

This one is slightly different:

www.scribd.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

if you read the OFFICIAL LHC schedule, then you'll see then end of the year starts in week 51, in European terms, that is Dec. 17. Then it is end of the year for CERN.

edit on 8/12/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 8-12-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Why is it interesting the offices close on the 22nd? Its Christmas and I'm sure even scientists like to take a bit of time off in the holiday season.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join